[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mira Gonzalez
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 18
File: kisses.jpg (201 KB, 931x1300) Image search: [Google]
kisses.jpg
201 KB, 931x1300
what is the general consensus (latin for agreement) about her?

Her are some assorted bits of her novel Selected Tweets

sext: hey baby wanna come over and be an emotional burden to me

i have a lot of fear-based sexual fantasies about santa claus

eating fruit by the foot in bed

someone buy this poor soul a big ass pizza i wanna make a mistake
>>
File: legs.jpg (69 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
legs.jpg
69 KB, 600x800
>>7492203
meant to say "Here are"

"we put a couch on our porch so i sit here wrapped in blankets literally all day. the neighbors are afraid of me"
>>
Mostly we don't like her (English for her).
>>
File: earnibbles.jpg (26 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
earnibbles.jpg
26 KB, 600x400
i want to die doing what i love: sleeping

i saw the best minds of my generation have sex with delusional bros who think they are the best minds of their generation

left the party so i could get in bed and watch a dialogue-free movie about babies doing stuff

it's me, your friendly neighborhood sobbing in public girl

i wish voldemort was after me so i had a concrete reason to be in fear all the time

lol i collapsed at the airport. 103 fever. excited to be in a country where codiene is legal. don't worry mommy i am okay
>>
File: hugs.jpg (46 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hugs.jpg
46 KB, 500x333
in bed in the dark thinking about free hotel breakfast tomorrow. 2:58am

anyway, i think its genius. do you guys have any favorite passages?
>>
Go away.
>>
>>7492203

Hi Mira!

I wish you'd stop writing for vice. The articles are really lazy, and I don't think having a set schedule works for someone like you.

I'd like you to focus on your poetry, but try to avoid themes of drug use, sexual promiscuity and depression - it's just way too trite.

Also, stop seeking attention here. It's just a manifestation of psychological self-harm. You know very well that people around here don't like you much.

Have a nice day!
>>
She was raped by Tao Lin, poor girl will never be oay :(
>>
>>7492203
Is that Mayonnaise chan?
>>
>>7492325
She's not any sort of chan. Stop giving her attention.
>>
>>7492203
She's cute (qt) to me, somehow, even though she has a very strange face. Her writing is worse than some people's on /lit/. (We can do it, guys)
>>
>>7492228
>i saw the best minds of my generation have sex with delusional bros who think they are the best minds of their generation
im not delusional iam GOD
>left the party so i could get in bed and watch a dialogue-free movie about babies doing stuff
haha me so quirky LOOK AT ME 2cool4people
>it's me, your friendly neighborhood sobbing in public girl
gay
gay
>lol i collapsed at the airport. 103 fever. excited to be in a country where codiene is legal. don't worry mommy i am okay
you collapsed because you dont eat enough
>>
Tao Lin likes her. He knows about this stuff.
>>
File: izek.jpg (40 KB, 600x645) Image search: [Google]
izek.jpg
40 KB, 600x645
Please vote

http://strawpoll.me/6335854
>>
>>7492391
Gotta love a poll where 3 out of 4 options are correct.
>>
Been a while, Mira! We missed you! /pol/ and reddit have been here so it has been pretty bad!
>>
I knew a girl who was like her (or like how she seems to be based on these tweets). We dated for about 6 months before I realized that we weren't really dating & were just friends

I think that the feeling of intense shame & unhappiness that came over me when she told me how things really stood can't help but become better literature than the pallid, vapid specters that fill the lives of girls like her
>>
imagine being a gender where you can type lowercase derivative post-fyad weird twitter shit and people literally fucking publish it and think you're a hipster demigod

they just need an obligatory sorta-cute alt-girl poet so they picked one

i kind of feel bad for them, maybe there's some kernel of actual precocity somewhere deep inside her and it's been smothered by all the wrong kinds of recognition for doing basically nothing

retweet this post and publish it please
>>
>>7492295
>She was raped by Tao Lin, poor girl will never be oay :(

tao lin raped a dude
>>
Lol implying you can rape anyone with asian wiener.
>>
>>7492522
Don't be so transphobic. She's Mira now.
>>
>>7492488
>maybe there's some kernel of actual precocity somewhere deep inside her and it's been smothered by all the wrong kinds of recognition for doing basically nothing

good point
>>
she is the voice of our current zeitgeist after PATER DUPLICATE
>>
Wow fuck you /lit/

you had taste when you were jumping on Kolsti's dick at the very least but shit like this is the new low
>>
>>7492203
what gender is that thing?
im getting serious trap vibes from it
>>
Why oh why do I even read these threads
>>
File: gonza.jpg (328 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
gonza.jpg
328 KB, 550x367
>>7492811
no

>>7492863
because we all love mira
>>
>>7492976
go away mira you don't have any talent
>>
doesn't even write poetry but calls herself a poet, i'd never want anything as shitty as her vice columns or poetry under my name. she's honestly a nobody. no one in academia would ever give her the light of day, you'll only ever here about her either on here or tumblr probably.
>>
>>7492990
shut up, she's really good at posting on twitter incessantly.
>>
Imagine how fucked it will be to be her and then get old. She's going to spend her entire 20s on this nothingness attention-seeking and then be an old hag with no skills and no purpose.

At least she can fall back on nepotism.
>>
>>7493000
>here about her
lol
>>
>>7493000

Of course but she's a woman, why should this even surprise you?
>>
>>7492472
How can you not know you're not dating a grill? Jfc.
>>
>>7493009
It will be easy, she'll just settle down for a beta provider after going full tumblr and having ridden the cock carrousel for a decade.
>>
I like her stuff but the /lit/ consensus is overwhelmingly 'don't like her'.

I do feel like she's shilling herself on /lit/ tho it feels like the wrong place to self-advertise.
>>
>>7492203
read her story about "Adrian Brody," it's trash. also met her— she's trash.
>>
She's very beautiful and talented. I expect great work from her in the years to come, she is very young so I hope she handles the early success well and doesn't spiral out of control. I see a lot of early 1990s DFW in her.
>>
http://thefanzine.com/a-depressed-persons-failed-review-of-blue-is-the-warmest-color/

>drugs
>my ex
>sadness
>drugs
>drugs
>my ex
>drinking
>thinking about my ex
>sadness
>drugs
>thinking about drinking
>sadness
>my ex
>drugs

jesus christ
>>
File: CWpjG_lVEAAiioB.jpg (76 KB, 700x487) Image search: [Google]
CWpjG_lVEAAiioB.jpg
76 KB, 700x487
What I do see in her work is a fickleness to a target reader that is extremely obvious. She might as well be a publicly traded company desperately trying to impress her shareholders.

>sext: hey baby wanna come over and be an emotional burden to me
The classic "hey baby wanna come over and..... *something negative like sexually disappoint you*" - mainly used by failing comedians on twitter, not kidding
>i have a lot of fear-based sexual fantasies about santa claus
I guess it's supposed to be quirky? Girls in my classes say shit like this to me all the time, I give them a pity grin and nod because I don't know if they intended it as a joke, or a 4deep9me thought
>eating fruit by the foot in bed
neat
>someone buy this poor soul a big ass pizza i wanna make a mistake
This is seriously no different than what sorority girls tweet all day, how pizza is the best and they're soooooo bad for eating it
>i want to die doing what i love: sleeping
Said sorority girls discuss sleeping as well as pizza, in the same fake self deprecating way
>i saw the best minds of my generation have sex with delusional bros who think they are the best minds of their generation
Wow, so she, or one of her friends, accidentally fucked a "bro" I'm assuming?
>left the party so i could get in bed and watch a dialogue-free movie about babies doing stuff
A fellow millennial who ALSO DOESN'T LIKE PARTIES WOW SO UNIQUE AND A MOVIE ABOUT BABIES IS REALLY OUT THERE SHE KNOWS SOMETHING WE DON'T
can I just buy this cunt a car or something so she'll stop looking for attention? This is, give or take 1-2 words, the exact same thing that college girls say all the time.
>i wish voldemort was after me so i had a concrete reason to be in fear all the time
Wow, irrational anxiety as a young adult AND a Harry Potter reference (right?). Soooo unique
>lol i collapsed at the airport. 103 fever. excited to be in a country where codiene is legal. don't worry mommy i am okay
wow, more looking for pity from followers. neat

At face value, she just seems to write average pleb young female thoughts but with little punctuation to exemplify how "broken" and "soft" she is. If I see her irl I'll probably give her the best weed she'll ever have and try to go on a long walk together, only to forget it completely a week later. Tao Lin is pretty dope, though. I really want to know where he gets his daily acid from.
>>
File: 5234623452432.jpg (133 KB, 853x808) Image search: [Google]
5234623452432.jpg
133 KB, 853x808
>>7492203
>>
>>7493249
jesus mira get your shilling out of here

even mentioning DFW in same sentence as your name is a fucking sacrilege

hope you get raped
>>
Not very enjoyable to read. She seems very insecure and dull.
>>
>>7493266
>not posting the I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I version
>>
File: images (1).jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>7492203
>>7492208
>>7492228
>>7492242
Does Tao Lin only go for homely young fairskinned women with long brunette hair and full bangs?
>side note: I'd do unspeakable things with Megan Boyle but not MiraGonz
>>
>>7493585
>Mira Gonzalez
>Fair-skinned
>>
File: tumblr_mnl0czAG3x1qkgzeeo7_250.jpg (43 KB, 250x338) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnl0czAG3x1qkgzeeo7_250.jpg
43 KB, 250x338
>>7493240
That's Marie Calloway
>>
>lol
>imma post about gonzales again
>I bet /lit/ is going to hate it.

I hate this fucking board. You spend more time on shit you say you hate than on actual shit you like.

>>>/tv/
>>>/mu/
>>>/v/
>>>/pol/
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6 KB, 262x192
>>7493619
She's about as light as a chicana can get, especially one from sunny LA
>>
>>7493644
Damn, that girl look as greasy as a burrito.
>>
>>7493183
I don't have much practice
>>
>>7493625
she's trash too then. they're all trash.
>>
>>7493734
Yeah but did you bang Marie after meeting her?
>>
>>7492203
Hi Mira!
>>
I'm not sure if I should be flattered that /lit/ is apparently important on the alt lit scene, enough that writers will post here and shill their shit here, or if I should be horrified that literature has come to this.

Then again I bet if 4chan had existed a hundred years ago Joyce and Chesterton and Hemingway would all have been here.
>>
alt lit made me realize banging NYU chicks ain't worth it. Thanks Mira.
>>
>>7494099
I don't think a non-ironic Christian apologist like Chesterton would be here.
>>
>>7494109
No, Chesterton would be the fucking king of /lit/. He LOVED to debate and argue with people, and his trope of using paradoxes always tended to get people flustered, much to his delight.

He'd be one of the people who spammed Milbank a few months back, and he'd always be in threads making arguments specifically designed to get people riled up, at which point he'd state a paradox and the whole thread would froth in rage.
>>
She looks like a somewhat cuter version of a girl that I used to date but stopped because I hated the area of the city she lived in. As for her writing, it is obviously far inferior to my own, but at present the world is wholly unready for my prophetical treatise.
>>
>>7494197
Nice blog faggot
>>
>>7494197
K.. Keep me posted
>>
File: 1445811577967.gif (1 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1445811577967.gif
1 MB, 245x280
>>7492203
>consensus (latin for agreement)
I want to be mad, but I can't.
>>
File: 1440070524781.jpg (51 KB, 550x359) Image search: [Google]
1440070524781.jpg
51 KB, 550x359
>>7493266

>I have had sex with 4 or 5 different people since the break up

Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>7493266

Trite as fuck.
>>
File: goebbels.jpg (123 KB, 682x720) Image search: [Google]
goebbels.jpg
123 KB, 682x720
>>7494275
>mfw
>>
>>7493266
Funny how nowadays being 'sad' means exactly the same as being depressed.
>>
>>7492203

Xanax will rot your brain Mira. Benzodiazepines is one of the few drugs out there with non-reversible cognitive deficits associated with long-term use.
>>
>>7494304
>Xanax will rot your brain
And nothing of value was lost...
>>
>>7494304
Care to name the others? Not baiting.
>>
>>7494109
>I don't think a non-ironic Christian apologist like Chesterton would be here.
Have you missed the countless Christian apologetics threads on here that leak into here from /pol/?
>>
where did you go wrong mira

you were very different in high school
>>
>>7494304
cant ruin what isnt there to be ruined
>>
>>7494381
What was she like? a scene kid?
>>
>never hear of her
>look her up for 15 min

[like dr evil] Rrroiightt.
>>
>>7493266
>sad roastie problems: the blog
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.