[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best New York Review Book? pic related was absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: John-Williams-Stoner.jpg (171 KB, 400x650) Image search: [Google]
John-Williams-Stoner.jpg
171 KB, 400x650
What is the best New York Review Book? pic related was absolutely incredible and I want to know if the have published others of equal or higher quality
>>
Most of their books are good, pick one with a nice cover
>>
DUDE
WEED
LMAO
>>
>>7491726
Normally I would but all their covers are nice, I needed a second opinion
>>
>>7491742
Alvaro Mutis
>>
>>7491763
Thank you friend
>>
>>7491802
No problem.
Also does narwhal bacon mean anything to you? Just curious.
>>
Check out Butcher's Crossing, also by JW. Zweig and Walser are great, start with the most popular ones, Chess story and Jakob von Gunten.
>>
>>7491718
The Peregrine
Hard Rain Falling
Life and Fate
>>
The Long Ships
>>7492189
seconding these
>>
>>7491806
are you this nigga>>7491959?
>>
their best publication was without a doubt Burton's Anatomy of Melancholy in an affordable one-volume, and second to that Richard Holmes' Shelley: The Pursuit in a cheap paperback, but both of those are non-fiction.

shit senpai now that I think about it they put out a LOT of great books. Many Walser short story collections, The Gray Notebook by Pla, Scholem's reminiscence on W. Benjamin, Skylark by Kosztolanyi. a friend of mine spoke highly of some short novel about a chinese lesbian of theirs but I cant remember the name.
>>
>>7491718

That's a consistently high quality set of titles put out by that press. They're keeping quality works from falling into obscurity. I'll mention Autobiography of a Corpse, a short story collection by Sigiszmund Krzhizhanovsky.
>>
>>7493762
>a short story collection by the sounds someone makes when they are being electrocuted
>>
why did edith even agree to marry stoner, lads?
>>
>>7491806
kek, damn you /lit/
>>
>>7493772
>mocking Siggy Shizh
say that to my face irl and so on, for those are fighting words, and other imprecations
It's not that hard, it's just SIG-iz-mund Shizh-uh-NOFF-skee
and his stuff really is great
>>
>>7493744
>chinese lesbian

Last Words from Montmartre by Qui Miaojin
she's taiwanese, and I unironically believe it to be one of the greatest books ever written
>>
>>7493777
She didn't have a choice: she was afraid
>>
>>7493790
what the hell, that's not even close
just type Krzhizhanovsky pronunciation in YT
>>
>>7493800
glad someone else liked that book, probably my favorite book of 2015

I know calling it raw is banal but I can't think of any other better way to describe it
>>
>>7493777
yeah i keep asking myself that

like, 'you could have said no dude'
>>
A Schoolboy's Diary by Robert Walser

i've never smiled so often while reading a book
>>
>>7491718

I know they published Life and Fate by Grossman too. Haven't read it entirely yet, but I've re-read the first 5 pages a bunch cause I like it so much.
>>
The Go-Between by L.P. Hartley
>>
speedboat by renata adler
>>
>>7493744
I didn't realize NYRB did anatomy melancholy I should go pick up a copy. Thx.
>>
File: Morte D Urban.jpg (16 KB, 200x346) Image search: [Google]
Morte D Urban.jpg
16 KB, 200x346
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.