[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: /lit/ memes you fell for >existentialism thanks faggots,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 615x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 615x615
itt: /lit/ memes you fell for

>existentialism

thanks faggots, now I'm depressed as fuck
>>
pynchon
>>
File: zizek.jpg (166 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
zizek.jpg
166 KB, 500x315
>>7491041
This one understand why someone would be sad, however, doesn't the realization that life only has the meaning you give it and you are not tied by anything except what you tie yourself to make you feel liberated ?, I mean I know I could just grab my things and walk straight north without giving notice to anyone, I could but I don't want to because I enjoy my life I find that really relaxing :^)
>>
>>7491067
oh sorry, didn't notice the picture, not related in any way c:
>>
>>7491041
John Barth
>>
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 665x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 665x662
>>7491067
>I enjoy my life
>>
>>7491041
>2015
>still being a gormless flibbertigibbet

Tolstoy solves existentialism. Either embrace a faith of some sort or just stop thinking about the lack of meaning and stop thinking about how you are not thinking about it.

Just fucking live and embrace the absurd.
>>
>>7491041
If existentialism makes you depressed than you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>7491041
The I'm afraid you completely missed the point.
>>
>>7491041
posting
replying
refreshing
thread watching
instead of reading
>>
>>7491041
But OP, *you* choose to be depressed. You choose that reaction out of all the possible reactions.
>>
>>7491041
But OP, *you* choose to be depressed. You choose that reaction out of all possible reactions.
>>
>>7491949
>this is exactly what DFW said
>then he killed himself

oh man
>>
File: t.jpg (14 KB, 236x294) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
14 KB, 236x294
>>7491041
Well, nihilism is still attributing a certain meaning to reality, albeit negative. I
I know many will say that's a logical conclusion and therefore truer than any other philosophies and faiths, but if you're still approaching the world from a purely logical stance, you'll end up feeling trapped and will miss the point.
Check Ken Wilber's work, the Kabbalistic conception of the abyss to understand the hell that's confusing your self with the permutations of your mind,and the Mahayana Buddhist doctrine of emptiness (which can be summarized that whatever judgment you give the world is wrong because all categories are mental and hence illusory).
If you want to stop your mind, then you will have to meditate. If you persists, really persist, from day to day, making achieving this insight your aim, I promise you that your mental malaise will improve, and you'll start getting flashes of the real deal, which will show you how much bullshit every philosophical system of the world is.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.