[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>adults shouldn't read books written for kids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
>adults shouldn't read books written for kids
>>
File: 20090826_20.jpg (31 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
20090826_20.jpg
31 KB, 600x449
>>7490434
only if they are reading them to their children.
>>
>>7490434
Yes, this is true. We know this already.
>>
>>7490483
>literally reading books meant for children unironically

pleb as fuck
>>
What's the line for childlike entertainment though? Is there a scale? Obviously bronies are to far, yet everyone watches cartoons.
>>
There's nothing wrong with reading YA. Of the many ways you can smother the unbearable emptiness inside of you, it is one. Likewise, there nothing wrong with shitting into your fist and feeling the hot, heavy mass squeeze through your fingers, if that's what gets you off. You do you.
>>
I think it depends.

If I saw an adult reading dr.seuss, alice in wonderland, peter pan, etc I wouldn't think much of it.

They're practically canon for kids and if you missed out when you were younger definitely worth reading now.

It's like the lion king, it's worth watching as an adult

but something like Sofia the first movie is not

so think about the book equivalents of that
>>
>>7490558
>It's like the lion king, it's worth watching as an adult
ACTUAL LIST OF DISNEY ANIMATED FEATURES WORTH WATCHING
1. Snow White
2. Fantasia
>>
>>7490558
>but something like Sofia the first movie is not
Why not? Have you actually seen them? I bet you haven't and you're just shitposting. They're quite good, as is the show.
>>
>>7490558
>lion king
>good
I love this meme.
>>
>>7490496
>everyone watches cartoons
Every manchild maybe, but I've yet to meet a successful person that says he watches cartoons for anything other than nostalgia.
>>
>>7490568
>>7490569
>>7490573

my god you fucks. lol

forget it forget everything I just mean some shit aint shit and some shit is shit

jeeze lol

can't we all smoke some crack and get the idea fuck man.
>>
File: Bashir.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bashir.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>7490577
I watched this once, thought it was pretty good.

And those Linklater flicks.
>>
>>7490597

A scanner darkly and Waking life were really cool. I loved the art work. Rotoscoping I think it's called. I really like the style wish there was more like it.
>>
>>7490655
How about Snow White :^)

Seriously though, it's really a quite stunning piece of animation.
>>
>>7490568
Alice among a few others
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.