[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We do not believe that man is derived from the ape by evolution.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: julius evola.jpg (20 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
julius evola.jpg
20 KB, 400x274
>We do not believe that man is derived from the ape by evolution. We believe that the ape is derived from man by involution.

What did he mean by this?
>>
Italians hate Pokemon
>>
>>7490008
Evola was pretty much insane. At least if he's making sense it's beyond me.
>>
>>7490008
man is preeminent in thought, so it cannot be that ape came before man, because nothing preceded man

the universe could not exist until man attempted to fathom it
>>
>>7490050
please repeat that but this time utilizing memes
>>
>>7490130
pepe is preeminent in memes, so it cannot be that feel came before pepe, because nothing preceded pepe

the internet could not exist until pepe attempted to depict it
>>
>>7490130
lol tbch fami u cant have the universe wit no ppl. ireal talk its a chicken n egg type think u kno man? how wud u hav monkeys if a guy didnt think of it frst thats just crazy smdh
>>
This insane retard is only propped up by leftist to ridicule rightist
>>
>>7490008
He meant that Man is God and apes exist because we project our features onto them as we do the Christian God.
>>
To understand Evola you have to realize he literally subscribed to a model of the universe that was skeptical of causality.
Do not make the mistake of trying to reconcile his words with your reality, take them as a zoo exhibit: "here are the strange scribblings of an ayylmao."
>>
>>7490419
I've read a lot of his writings and he's mentioned this in passing.
It reminds me of the one hand clapping koa. Is there a specific work of his that goes into his model of the universe?
>>
>>7490023
Everyone is insane in the kali yuga.
>>
>>7490849
...this
>>
>>7490008
What would his ideal society have looked like?
>>
File: 1449512696958.jpg (140 KB, 1552x1152) Image search: [Google]
1449512696958.jpg
140 KB, 1552x1152
It means "it's not that we think man is a descendant of animals just because of evolution, we can only believe it when we see a man's mind degenerate and become the beast he once was"

not that fucking hard. this board is a joke
>>
>>7491306
I've wondered this too because he doesn't explicitly state it.

I think it's just essentially just Feudal Italy.
>>
>>7491344
No, I don't think so.
I think this guy got it right
>>7490419
>>
>>7490008
Evola does not understand biology, so he slaps together words and tries to seem profound. A bit like the French post-modernists in that regard.
>>
>>7490008

He understood Biology but didn't give a toss.

The higher contains the lower but the reverse isn't true.

So first there was God ---> Man ---> Animal ---> Plant ----> Mineral

Think of it as the 'idea' descending from the most complex to the least.

So in his view the ape is a degenerated man.

Evola is writing for a paradigm where you don't even try an explain to the 'uninitiated' because that would be 'casting pearls before swine'.
>>
>>7491794

Higher contains the WHOLE of the lower** (metaphysically) but the reverse isn't true.
>>
>>7491420

Yeah he does.

Patrician Rome

And more recently Metternich.
>>
Okay, that's nice to think about and all. But it sounds egotistical af to imply something that makes it seem like the universe is made by the human mind and therefore here for the sole purpose of human contemplation.

If you believe that then you have a very inflated view of your own existence.

Am I misinterpreting?

I like to think that whatever you believe is real and correct is was what shapes your reality. And I try to observe that when making mine, but it's hard.
>>
>>7490008
It was a popular meme in the occult literature of the late 19th and earlier 20th century to believe that primates originated as a result of involution of man. For example, you can find it in theosophy (The Secret Doctrine, Volume 2, where the first apes appeared as a result of sexual intercourse between the race of Lemuria and Earth mammals, and another generation appeared when the Atlanteans did the same and their offspring slowly degenarated over time like families in Lovercraft novels), and in the Fourth Way (Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson, according to which apes appeared because women decided to mate with animals because men weren't around and on different part of the planet and thus couldn't pleasure them).
Considering that Evola is in general considered an occultist, it's no surprising that he shared views that circulated in that cultural field.
>>
>>7490014
non รจ vero
>>
File: 1450734646389.jpg (85 KB, 482x510) Image search: [Google]
1450734646389.jpg
85 KB, 482x510
>>7491894
per caso sei uno dei weeb di merda che popolano /int/
>>
>>7491882
If this is the actual meaning then dismiss my post
>>7491864
>>
>>7491882
Wow, that's insane.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.