[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writers: what does your book have that others don't? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Writers: what does your book have that others don't? Why should readers choose your work over another's?
>>
Because my book is more addictive than cocaine. Once you take one sniff of my first paragraph your panties will moisten, your eyes will roll over, your tongue will loll out of your gaping mouth and your toes will writhe in orgasmic comedown. If you are 13-56 a woman and like to read, give me your money now.
>>
I deal with contemporary themes and problems, trying to capture our zeitgeist
>>
>>7488704
I haven't even finished writing it yet so fuck if I know.
>>
I wrote most of it while shitting.
>>
>>7488704
>pitch my scifi YA opera to a publisher
>they ask me why they would want it
>make a new thread on lit
We won't do you're homework.
>>
>>7488875
*your
>>
>>7488892
OH! Just missed it! I'm sorry, the answer you were looking for is "I'm a shiftless herpaderp and didn't write anything!" So close! Thanks for playing, champ, but we're going to have to say goodbye!
>>
File: bHC3y.gif (393 KB, 332x263) Image search: [Google]
bHC3y.gif
393 KB, 332x263
>>7488923
TURN DAT IRONY UP 2 ELEVEN FUCKIN HOME RUN TSS
>>
>>7488704
Mine is a dark comedy that isn't fantasy based. I don't think there's anyone who does that these days.

Btw, what does your shitty sci-fi epic have that others don't? From the way you described it, it sounds like every other shitty sci-fi story, you fuck faced grease monkey.
>>
>>7488725
Let me guess, 7/8 of your stories are about a guy sitting in a coffee shop, thinking about how stupid society is.
>>
my book has unflinching dislike for everything, because I have serotonin syndrome from doing too many drugs in my youth. I just want to let readers know that it is OK to hate everything.
>>
>>7488954
5/7 but yea.
>>
>>7488976
wgich drugs famille?
>>
File: charge.jpg (17 KB, 335x339) Image search: [Google]
charge.jpg
17 KB, 335x339
>>7489040
bath salts mostly (pic related). also shitty X and MDMA, and a bunch of other stuff.

>tfw it was OK to buy what was basically meth at a head shop
>do it every day for 2 years then stop
>tfw never experience feelings of happiness again
>feels empty man
>>
>>7488936
I've read half of it, senpai. It's decent, desu
>>
>>7488923
>confirmed for humorless diesel princess
Now answer the question.
>>
>>7489122
Sounds horrible mate, is there no cure?
>>
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 726x943) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 726x943
>>7489255
The scifi is a reimagining of Joseph Campbell's original monomyth structure with a 21st century bent for younger readers. Four main characters in a family filling the role of the "hero with 1000 faces" while utilizing time play and the use of cyberspace as another form of new frontier to play in. Lots of "aha!" Moments. That's to keep the lights on. The new project is the one that waxes original. (131 pages in) set after the book of revelation and the rapture, story follows Satan as he climbs out of hell to find the earth a wasteland. After being confronted my archangels like Michael who want to throw him back in to the pit, and others who want to see an end to everything, Satan walks across the desert to find meaning after the role of grand deceiver has been taken from him. With flashbacks and memories of the time in heaven as well as the ages in the pit, Satan comes to grips with the lost of his best friend leviathan and how he's responsible for his final death for letting him out. Along the way he meets and converses with nephelim, a member of the undead (the word vampire is not used) and another angel cursed to be alone for eternity. It's through this post apocalyptic lens that a different side of the devil is seen as he comes to grips with the new reality outside the pit and what his new fate is to be. Super big twist at the ending between him, God, and the antichrist. There's your NYT bestseller. Should be finished by March I think. I've been reading Dantes Inferno to help with the language. What you working on?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.