[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anna Karenina - to read or not to read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: shot_1331343633617.jpg (499 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
shot_1331343633617.jpg
499 KB, 768x768
Good day, gentlemen. I as a Russian virgin of my own literature was reflecting about whether or not should I start off reading this book or any other Tolstoy's work in particular? For it seems to me that this book was likely made either for little girls or stupid homy maids. Nonetheless if it's not so, could you explain why is this considered to be a classic with such a suspicious title on it? I mean I'm told that what was written in the book is all about stupid love and freaking ho Anna Karenina herself and her further suicide (fuck yea, I wish all whores did it prospectively). Anyways, the main reason me being here is your personal and independent advise regarding the book.
>>
fuck off you cunt
>>
>>7488566
Why are you being so aggressive towards me, laddy?
>>
She get's run over by a train.
>>
>>7488682
wow, for real?
>>
>>7488566
Roastie btfo
>>
Is it as good as the movie?
>>
>made either for little girls or stupid horny maids
Literally what? Who do you talk to about literature that you get these opinions?

Meh, if you're not already decently read I'd say leave it for later, cause you won't understand why it is so great.
>>
>>7488745
lol, I said hoMy, not horny
>>
>>7488757
Good thing anon made my mistake so I didn't have to.
>>
Just leave.
>>
I fucking hated Anna Karenina. I could have read Ulysses or Moby Dick in the weeks it took me to read BORING PIECE OF SHIT.
>>
>>7488904
Every conversation in the book is so lucid I feel like I'm there. I'm so there I can almost read their body language and see what's not being said. The book is incredible
>>
>>7489397
you bet, and also 50 shades of grey is the best i've ever read
>>
/lit/ has gone to the dogs

everyone leave and come back in 2016
>>
>>7489419
But I don't want to come back
>>
I also feel annoyed, and kind of bad about this book. When I was much younger I bought a set of 50 ;classics, and in an effort to force myself to be more cultured I picked up the thickest one (anna Karenina) and read through it all. Sadly, now I cant remember anything about it except some reference to someone jumping infront of a train. Oh and that pussy so failed to shoot himself in the heart.

I actually remember more of, and liked more of, David Copperfield than Anna Karenina.
>>
File: dfw5.jpg (71 KB, 761x750) Image search: [Google]
dfw5.jpg
71 KB, 761x750
/lit/ isn't about just saying "fuck off" you incompetent troglodytes. Discuss the god-damn book and don't get in a fucking "lol rekt" argument you unclubbable mongoloids.

Fucking redditors realise we hate them so they try desperately to fit in.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.