[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the best Herman Hesse book, isn't it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: steppenwolf.jpg (138 KB, 500x736) Image search: [Google]
steppenwolf.jpg
138 KB, 500x736
This is the best Herman Hesse book, isn't it?
>>
>>7488171
I know this is the only one I read and I didn't get it at all.
They say the book is good and influential and shit, but I just can't see it.
Please, explain, why is it considered even slightly good?
>>
no. that would be the glass bead game.

narcissus and goldmund is also superior.

you can make an argument for journey to the east as well though it's not my personal preference.
>>
>>7488194
it's good for getting plebs to reveal themselves, pleb
>>
>>7488203
Yeah, you demonstrate this point quite well.
>>
>>7488201
I've read all the book you mentioned, except Journey to the east.
I really liked them, but Steppenwolf remains my favorite
>>
>>7488243
theres no way you could think that if you actually have a decent understanding of what hesse was writing about. im forced to conclude you're either a pleb or you're lying about what you read.

hesse as an author followed a very clear progression in his books, and each is an advancement/refinement of the last. steppenwolf is, as hesse himself noted, his most misunderstood novel, and its popularity comes from people misinterpreting what he was trying to say.
>>
>>7488258
But Hesse is dead
>>
>>7488258
I'm just a pleb
>>
>>7488267
checkmate hesseists
>>
>>7488267
>he thinks dead reals
*tips crown chakra*
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.