[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if posting in right place but what's a good/the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: kobo aura hd and a kindle.jpg (185 KB, 1000x759) Image search: [Google]
kobo aura hd and a kindle.jpg
185 KB, 1000x759
Not sure if posting in right place but what's a good/the best e-book reader, particularly if I just want to load in a whole metric fuckton of epubs?
I was thinking of getting the kobo aura hd.
Opinions? Anything I should keep in mind?
>>
>>7486031

I have the same question OP, I think I'm just going to get a kindle cause they're like €70, I could hunt a cheaper one down online but by the time I convert my money and pay delivery charges etc ect.
>>
>>7486031
I have a Trekstor Pyrus 2.
It's the best thing I've ever had.

>low price (i paid it about 80 euros)
>e-ink screen with no illumination if you read in solar light
>led illumination if you're reading in the dark
>reads epub
>reads PDFs and manages to change the size of the text and the layout
>battery lasts weeks

Truly amazing.
>>
File: leftism.png (73 KB, 413x235) Image search: [Google]
leftism.png
73 KB, 413x235
I have a paperwhite and really like it. It's fucked up that you have to pay extra to not have ads but I'm a fucking baller.
>>
>particularly if I just want to load in a whole metric fuckton of epubs?

I did that first when I got my Paperwhite, don't do it, it's super annoying to have to leave through the books page-by-page

Instead, use Calibre to manage and store your ebooks, then to upload the ones you actually want to your Kindle/other ereader

IMHO they're all mostly the same, with Calibre you can convert most formats (except PDF to anything, that usually won't work nicely). I like the Paperwhite because of the lights (which are terrible in some shitty units but free return), but other newer models have that, too.
>>
>>7487515
>xtra to not have ads
You can replace the ad-files with nothing or your own pictures, just google it
>>
>>7486031
Kobo is better for pirating shit. Kindles apparently have some DRM nonsense. I have a Kindle Glo HD, works great.
>>
>>7487548
Are you sure? Most of these posts are from 2011 and I don't think they work on the new firmware update
>>
>>7487558

if youre pirating in the first place then youre using calibre most likely (dumb if youre not tbqh) and that removes any issues kindles have with format, drm etc

paperwhite is the best value around, some kobos are ok too...i'd recommend the kobo h2o if you really really love reading in the bath for instance...
>>
>>7487571
They won't on paperwhite 3, it comes with updated fw and the jailbreak for it has been delayed indefinitely
>>
>>7486031
I have a Kobo Aura HD. I am very happy with the product. The illumination is great and the screen resolution is very high. It's a bit bigger than most other ereaders but I think this is a plus.

I have not tried a kindle so I can't compare my experience with the Kobo to it.

Overall making the switch from paper books to an ereader has made me read way more. It's just so much more practical. Don't need to go to the library or buy another book once you are finished reading your current book. The form factor is more practical in my opinion. The amount of books you can take with you on vacations, etc. is almost limitless, etc.

I do notice I switch books more often when I'm bored with my current book. This probably as to do with the fact that reading has become way cheaper and because of the mass bulk of epubs you can find and download all at once.
>>
>>7486031
IMCO v6l

Don't buy into Kindle meme.
>>
>>7487515
if you use the us store but live outside the us, you can have the ads removed for free by contacting them through the chat for instance
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.