[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: shadows of the empire.png (123 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
shadows of the empire.png
123 KB, 272x185
Do you guys like Star Wars books?
Do you have any favorites?
How do you feel about all of the old books becoming non-canon?
Let's talk Star Wars outside of the movie hype.
>>
>>7485789
>No, they're shit
>No, they're shit
>I don't care: they're shit.
>>
>>7485789
not literature
>>
star wars literally represents the moral decline of western civilisation
>>
>>7485821
>>7485828
You do realize they are probably going to become part of the western canon in 20 years?
>>
>>7485834
How so anon? In an interview with Alan Moore he said Star Wars is the quintessential representation of science fiction fundamentalism. Since Moore is a sensationalist diva I figured it was just rhetoric, but it has had me thinking.

Is it the feminizing/orientalizing influence of the Jedi that you're disturbed by? If not, what?
>>
>>7486011

Alan Moore has only ever written four stories. I love him but search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>7486029
In other words you can't make a rebuttal to support your bullshit claims right?
>>
>>7485821
>>7485828
>Look how enlightened I am meme
It never stops this shit.
>>
>>7486177
No kidding, I just wanted a thread about some fun stories.
>>
>>7485789
You wanna suggest some OP? I'm gonna pirate them anyways, I've been hankering for some good star wars' lit as I've been waiting for episode 7 to come out.
>>
>>7485828
It's fiction ain't it? If I recall, fiction is literature too fuckboy.
>>
Read the Zahn trilogy, they are the best. None of the star wars books are lit but the Zahn trilogy is solid sci fi and better than a lot of the stuff people talk about here.
>>
>>7486201
OP here, I left and came back.
You can't go wrong with the Thrawn Trilogy. Also, The Bane trilogy if you like talk of the dark side. The one in my image is my favorite though. My fav era is reading more stories about Luke, Leia, Hand and all the rest of that time period. The Rise of Darth Vader and Labyrinth of Evil are good.

I have a bunch that I like. It really depends on what aspects of Star Wars you like. The battles, the force, the politics, the role players.
>>
Star Wars: Tales deserves a mention even though it's a comic.
>>
>>7486204
>>7486227
Thanks gents, cheers!
>>
I want to into EU now after seeing Force Awakens. I'm told Thrawn trilogy is where it's at. Anybody got me an ebook hookup?
>>
>>7486437
This should help you friend
kat (dot) cr/star-wars-the-thrawn-trilogy-t11714349.html

The Thrawn Trilogy really has a fantastic manifold plot that would have been amazing on film if only disney wasn't so fucking greedy.
>>
this belongs on the star wars board, my reddit friend.

>>>/tv/
>>
File: 1437287713704.jpg (2 MB, 1235x2048) Image search: [Google]
1437287713704.jpg
2 MB, 1235x2048
>>7486227
>The Bane trilogy

That sounds extremely painful.
>>
File: Star Wars.png (87 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars.png
87 KB, 1280x720
Hi guys, just putting out a request to all writers who would like to participate in making a trainer game. At the moment Too many projects trainer(artist) and I(coder), together with another writer are working on a Star Wars trainer. We currently have the base story line and gameplay mechanics written but are in need of a writer. If you are interested please send an email to [email protected]
>>
>>7486194
>reading for fun
>>
>>7485789
anything by Timothy Zahn
any of the "tales of" "Tales from"
gutted its no longer canon, fuck Lucas for selling out
>>
No. They are all shit. They are just books written by literally who's, to make a quick buck on the brand name.
>>
Does anyone have this book? Is it just the first three films turned into novels? If so, would you say it's worth the purchase? I'm not interested in reading about the expanded universe of Star Wars.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-star-wars-trilogy-lucas-george/1112352844?ean=9780307292216
>>
>>7486759
Thanks senpai, though I ended up just finding a torrent and downloading them last night. Unfortunately, I quickly came to the realization that I just don't like reading stuff like this.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.