[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books are you getting your relatives for Christmas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: ophelia.jpg (281 KB, 1536x1054) Image search: [Google]
ophelia.jpg
281 KB, 1536x1054
What books are you getting your relatives for Christmas?
>>
Won't say which relatives. Also including books for friends:

1. Duma Key - Stephen King
2. The Secret Teachings of All Ages - Manly P. Hall
3. A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms - George R.R. Martin
4. Final Fantasy XI 10th Anniversary Memorial Book
5. Infinite Jest
6. Infinite Jest (for someone else)
7. Lost In The Funhouse - John Barth
>>
None. I hate my relatives and the feeling is mostly mutual.
>>
I'm not a goy so I don't do Christmas, but I'm buying a lot of books for myself because of all the sweet holiday deals going on.
>>
>>7485777
Deals, you say?
>>
>>7485784
Sure, online and in stores. 'Tis the season to empty your pocket book for marked down items.
>>
File: let the memes run through you.png (101 KB, 232x232) Image search: [Google]
let the memes run through you.png
101 KB, 232x232
>>7485774
>5. Infinite Jest
>6. Infinite Jest
Keep 'em infinite, son.
>>
My relatives don't read.
>>
>>7485796

Any advice on where to find these deals? Preferably online, as I do not like to leave my house.
>>
>>7485742
Does it count as a present if you order it and get it for yourself but with mommy's money?
because then I got
>World as Will and Representation
arriving tomorrow, dis gon b gud
>>
>>7485801
They're copies of the 20th Anniversary Edition, too. Because I'm a shitter, I guess. (And yes, I know it doesn't get released till February.)
>>
>>7485922
What is the cover like? Is a VHS?
>>
>>7485819
>he fell for the meme
>>
I got my mom Ulysses even though she is horrible at reading/focusing. I was going to get her Finnegans Wake though but I didn't want her to completely hate me.
>>
>>7485922
I don't know.
I pre-ordered them on Amazon and there's "no picture available."
I believe there was a cover design contest, but I didn't look up the winner or if one was even chosen yet.
>>
File: Back to reality.png (200 KB, 631x299) Image search: [Google]
Back to reality.png
200 KB, 631x299
>>7485942
>Finnegans Wake
That is a hell of a meme. Why do people keep falling for such gibberish. It was a joke. Joyce; his work was a big joke. He knew he was good and people were digging his shit. To finish his career he wrote a bunch of random pages just to mess with all of you who are still searching for symbolic meaning in it. It means nothing but a big grin on the face of Joyce's corpse.
>>
Women and Appletrees to my brother.
>>
>>7485742
Gf gets Notes from the underground.
>>
>>7485958

>Doesn't get it

I'm 4 pages in and I've unlocked the secrets of the universe.
>>
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running - Murakami
For my dad who likes running.
Did I do good?
>>
Dandelion Wine - Bradbury
Metamorphosis - Kafka
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running - Murakami
The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
The Fox and the Star - Can't remember

last 2 were specific requests
>>
>>7485742
American Gods and All the Pretty Horses for my 16 year old sister.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.