[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best stream of consciousness /lit/? I'll start with the obvious.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: ulysses unrestored copy.jpg (30 KB, 418x500) Image search: [Google]
ulysses unrestored copy.jpg
30 KB, 418x500
Best stream of consciousness /lit/? I'll start with the obvious.
>>
>>7485547
>ulysses
>stream of consciousness
pick one
>>
>>7485572
b8? the whole book is written in this fashoin go back to 11th grade noob.

But Sound and the Fury is my answer
>>
Wasp Factory?
>>
Unrelated to the theead, but I've realzed people who mention "Stream of Consciousness" when talking about Ulyses are fucking simplistic idiots. Met a girl who fucking majored in literature, and I adked her ig she read Ulyses, furst thing she said was "yes!! Omg, that stream od consciousness!!".

So fucking stupid. She could've mebtioned fart jokes, cuck jokes, wordplay and even fucking music, but no...
>>
Less than half of Ulysses is actually in stream of consciousness
>>
owl creek bridge
>>
>>7485547
Do you mean stream of consciousness narrative style, or written in stream of consciousness by the author? Ulysses was carefully and meaningfully constructed, he didn't write it in a stream and he called himself an engineer.
>>
>>7485547
mine book i plan to write. Long ass epic about parallel realities, few non-related protagonists, life in internet age and stream of consciousness. I just started, it will be great you see
>>
>>7485652
stream of consciousness does not mean written on the fly. this mistake is beyond pleb.
>>
>>7485673
so Infinite Jest?
>>
>>7485686
i...i dont know man ij is not even translated to my language afaik. Do you mean every cool idea is executed already??
>>
>>7485697
you can clearly understand english. stop being a faggot reading translations of english books and read it
>>
>>7485652
This is the face of The New Sincerity.
>>
>>7485703
Do you read books from other countries in native language, as well?
>>
>>7485652

I want to believe this is bait
>>
>>7485716
if i understood the language, yes.

do you understand english?
>>
>>7485684
>>7485704
>>7485718
Thanks for telling me that I was completely wrong, holy shit. I've been thinking that free writing and stream of consciousness have been synonynous for years.
Never change /lit/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.