[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do girls pretend to like Bukowski?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 250x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 250x320
Why do girls pretend to like Bukowski?
>>
Why do they pretend to like anything?
>>
>>7484444
A fine sense of irony. The real question is why men sincerely like Bukowski?
>>
>>7484445
bitchez, man. bitchez and hoes.
>>
>>7484452
To provide a better company to ladies who pretend to like Bukowski.
>>
>>7484465
And they are of shittu tastu yuo lick too low.
>>
His life was antithetical to the average female experience. He also writes in a simplistic manner they can understand. They think it makes them understand things like true loneliness, and also gives them social brownie points for being "well read".
>>
Most people who read Buk seem to have no experience with alcoholism, depression, and low class lifestyle. I don't know how they could relate or begin to understand. But he's entertaining and easy to read.
>>
I don't pretend to like him; I do like him. I am somewhat of an asshole and can relate to his struggles with depression and alcoholism.. And being poor.
>>
>>7484542
>..
>>
File: labyrinth bukowski.png (392 KB, 508x597) Image search: [Google]
labyrinth bukowski.png
392 KB, 508x597
>>7484444
Because he was in their favorite movie from when they were kids.

Checked those meta-quads btw
>>
>>7484542
everything about this post disgusts me.
>>
>>7484573
Explain.
>>
>>7484444

He had a knack for being insanely quotable. Girls like the bits they see on tumblr, but very few ever read his books or appreciate who and what he was. In fact, most girls (and most people for that matter) regurgitate lines that aren't even verified to belong to Bukowski. Ask a girl about Factotum and she will give you a blank stare. But ask her about the little bluebird, and she will cream her panties to show you her tattoo.
>>
>>7484444
They dont know about Henry Miller
>>
>>7484444
Why does Bukowski pretend to be a writer?
>>
>>7484923
He doesn't. Read him.
>>
>>7484546
You're bothered by..? You're lame.. I'll keep doing it.. Get over it..
>>
>>7484573
Who cares?
>>
>>7484879
Is Miller the Patrish Buk?
>>
>>7485232
they're both just hamsun knockoffs...
>>
who fucking cares? he's garbage either way
>>
>>7484529
>alcoholism
check
>depression
used to, now ive just accepted everything and using suicide as a last resort when shit all falls through. im sort of ok with it all though
>low class
now that i dont really related to. upper middle class here, but lived like white trash for the most part. my family is loaded, i just dont see any of it. im literally getting less from him than the christmas bonus his soon to be fired employee is getting. i get a little irritated by that, but at least im not a trust fund baby
>>
the only thing they like is being shallow, lying, and thinking of the next way to fuck over their current guy for a new Chad
>>
>>7485383
with a bit of fante
>>
>>7484444
Why is his mouth always slightly open and why aren't there any teeth in there and why is his head to big for his body?
>>
>>7485383
THIS. Hamsun is GOAT tier
>>
>>7485621
hes an alcoholic, his nose is only for show

and you can make out some teeth in there if u look closely
>>
>>7484573
Maybe you're just a twat
>>
File: thatbirdprobablyhascancer.jpg (429 KB, 1000x933) Image search: [Google]
thatbirdprobablyhascancer.jpg
429 KB, 1000x933
Try not to "don't try" too hard, now, kids.
>>
>>7484452
I think he's pretty funny
>>
>>7484444
Why does anyone pretend to like Bukowski? Or even worse, actually like Bukowski?
>>
>>7484444
The same reason men pretend to like female poets.

It's an opening to fuck other losers.
>>
Why do you guys say he was shit? I've just read a couple of poems and so far they're decent.
>>
File: 1435435404540.png (344 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
1435435404540.png
344 KB, 480x800
>>7484529
the hedonist like the woman romanticizes his despair in front of his lassitude.
>>
>>7484529

I am all those things
>>
>>7486662
Self hatred about how a similarly hedonistic guy like him took the initiative to actually go out and meet people who would eventually offer to get him published.
>>
>>7486662
I'm not going to tell you you're wrong or that Bukowski is shit but I will explain why I personally don't like him or consider much of what he did poetry.

he, and the rest of the beats for that matter, discovered their "voice" or gimmick early on and cashed in. there is no evolution that you see in an Elliot or Yeats or Spencer or Keats. instead you have ginsberg who wrote the same poem for 50 years. Bukowski also had this cynical don't give a fuck attitude that is adopted and used by a ton of psuedo-intellectual faggot hipsters who drink cheap beer and wear petruli oil. this outlook is intellectual laziness and the root cause of a lot of the problems of our generation. I don't lay the blame on him, he was just cashing in on an easy buck, but I don't romanticize his lifestyle or pretend there is a deeper philosophy behind his poems.

TLDR his fans are assholes and when he is compared to most other poets he doesn't measure up. I liked him when I was 16 though.
>>
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 2048x1536
Women compare me to bukowski. I don't ever know what to think. Are they insulting me? Calling me a functioning alcoholic with no sense of worth and not a penny to my name? Do they say it thinking that I'm "witty" and "dry" like his work? Is this a situation where when they call me this, they don't actually know what they are doing?
>>
>>7486937
it's probably one of the few poets they know or have read, and they know you're into literature.
>>
>>7485406
>>7484542
Just fuck off already

Bukowski is exploitative working class trash for middle class snowflakes
>>
>>7484444
well simply because quads
>>
>>7486937
do you have bad skin? that's probably why.
>>
Women are in essence superficial intellectual beings. They can only grasp a concept on a surface level. As for the concept of a writer, they think of lonely drunks with beards who drink a lot of alcohol and only write on the basis of inspiration. Bukowski is all of these things, so he fits their picture.

In addition to this, Bukowski's writing is superficial and overly emotional. Women recognize themselves in these qualities.
>>
>>7486946
Seems the most likely.
>>
File: 1441500802359.png (192 KB, 481x347) Image search: [Google]
1441500802359.png
192 KB, 481x347
>>7485406
>im literally getting less from him than the christmas bonus his soon to be fired employee is getting. i get a little irritated by that, but at least im not a trust fund baby
boo hoo
I always got absolutely nothing for christmas and I didn't care, you're trying to not sound privileged and spoilt but you are.
>>
>>7484444

So /lit/ is just r9k2 now?
>>
they pretend to like him because they don't have the balls to say the truth that he fucking sucks like a man with a pair of balls would
>>
>>7485406

>im literally getting less from him than the christmas bonus his soon to be fired employee is getting. i get a little irritated by that, but at least im not a trust fund baby

You're getting less for doing nothing than an employee is getting for his work?

How cruel.
>>
>>7484457
Ayy lmao
>>
>>7488475

Jesus Christ you're full of yourself.
>>
>>7484488
>They think it makes them understand things like true loneliness
The only people who understand true loneliness are total autists who can't even socialize with their own family. It has nothing to do with gender.
>>
>>7488761
>you're full of yourself
I'm wonderful, I know.
>>
File: 1437031349097.png (193 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1437031349097.png
193 KB, 480x270
>>7488475
i haven't seen a trip as obnoxious as you in a long time

and i post in /ksg/ so that's really saying something
>>
>>7486937
you're probably very "cool" with a "carefree attitude"
>>
>>7484452
I can relate to the anger he feels, and I enjoy the humor immensely. Why shouldn't it be enjoyable?
>>
>>7485122
>>7484923
he doesn't, he is dead.
>>
>>7487940
woolf and dickinson probably wouldn't even bother to have a word with you.
>>
>>7488138
unfortunately. I remember a time when I learned something on every thread. weep for me, brother. weep for us all.
>>
All the people tossing off on Bukowski here are full of shit. First of all, the question wasn't whether Bukowski was good, it was why do girls pretend to read him. That is a valid fucking question. Bukowski openly sexualizes and objectifies women as fuckmeat. Not as a matter of degrading women, as his other common theme is the general idiocy and unworthiness of the human race as a whole; women are just as pointless and fucked to him as any men. So his treatment of women is more about an honest expression of the way that they tend to appeal to the male mind. Regardless, this is contrary to the standard feminist mindset that women cannot be directly considered based on their sexual merit, as it trivializes their intellectual qualities. At the end of the day, a woman who pretends to like Bukowski is one who thinks she is attesting to interest in a well known, contrarian literary figure and who doesn't abide my standard feminist platforms; either that, or is ignorant of them. The reason why women pretend is because more than likely, they have shit taste in poetry, same as anyone else, like most of the fags who have written here in this thread. Bukowski was a fucking excellent poet, and you tards who say otherwise don't know shit. His writing is consistently crisp, clear, fresh, insightful and free of duplicity. His style is consistently sharp; there are few modern poets who have so openly embraced the primacy of clarity in their writing. Furthermore, in topical content Bukowski showed that it's not necessary to be an ultramodern arthouse cunt in order to do great poetry. He showed that poetry isn't fundamentally about innovation in form, particularly in the sense of an endless modern backstep into heights of infinite obscurity and ambiguity.

Fuck all of you.
>>
>>7486936
Comparing Bukowski to Keats is utterly moronic and defeats your entire conception. They are trying to do completely different things. One of them is treating poetry as an intellectual/emotional game; the other is using poetry as a conduit for channeling the experience of life. Bukowski is a realist, not an abstract modernist or a classical sort of poetic architect. Your other points are equally stupid. Bukowski wasn't cashing in on shit, you fucking idiot, he was poor as fuck until his fifties or sixties. He did the bare minimum to survive, he was just another guy who wrote because he enjoyed it. Calling Bukowski 'intellectually lazy' is like pretending you want to choose Miss America based on her personality. Your whole idea of a standard of 'intellectual laziness' is nothing more than an entitled pretension that the virtue of poetry is to be found in fancy-schmancy, arthouse standards, which was probably fed to you by another entitled, grade A cunt professor. Bukowski was never about romanticizing his style or asserting a deeper philosophy; that's the whole fucking point you asinine retard. He was protesting the argument that any lifestyle should be romanticized, that there is really any 'deeper philosophy' in this life of dirt, worms, and day to day squalor.
>>
>meeting with my friends, Vladislav, Vladimir and Vlad (I am Bogdan)
>They see me approach
>all turn from their circle group standing in the middle of the sidewalk
>they spit when they see me
>face me but look in another direction
>when I arrive they all act surprise and salute me with "broski!" and "tovarschowski" and "camaradeowski!"
>my friends introduce me to sweet English girl Lisa
>Hello
>Hello
>I compliment vladislav on his new track pants
>they are very nice, he thanks me
>we begin talking about books
>we of course start cursing each other after the first sentence calling each other retarded and idiots
>to defuse situation my good wise friend Vladislav turns to Lisa and asks her what she reads
>"What do I read?"
>Yes, books, what books?
>"b-books?"
>Da, book
>"I re-read.. book... book... bookwoski?"
>>
>>7486937

You're probably a rapist from an abusive household with a drinking problem and terrible acne. also your jewish but admire hitler
>>
File: an anon that's right.jpg (132 KB, 1548x519) Image search: [Google]
an anon that's right.jpg
132 KB, 1548x519
>>7488761
>>7490004
That's hilarious, I guess a janitor/mod deleted my on-topic post.

Janitor/mods can be confirmed as Buttkowskis I guess.

Let's see if I get banned for pointing this out now.

By the way, janitor/mod/whatever- >>7489875 is me also if you want to be consistent in your rage.
>>
>>7484444
>Why do people pretend to like Bukowski?
Fixed for you Anon.
>>
>>7485406
yeah, at least you're not super privileged right? you're just moderately privilged.
>>
>>7491461
6.5/10
>>
>>7492402
did you just screencap yourself? can you stop?
>>
Because he wrote amazing poetry

combine that with a don't give a fuck attitude and girls will fuck you even if you look like a caveman
>>
>>7492402
keep it up champ! you're sure showing those guys what's what. you're so smart and cultured, everyone is impressed by you!
>>
>>7484488
>>7485409
>>7487940
>r/redpill
>r/redpill
>r/redpill

how often do you fine gentlemen leave the house and talk to a woman? or are you the same posters who are always complaining about your lack of literary friends and friends in general? meme is meme.

>>7491400
I agree with you, but mostly because i'm in a "clarity" phase and currently enjoy Bukowski, not because i share his misanthrope outlook
>>
>>7484444

Nobody likes Bukowski. Bukowski doesn't like Bukowski.
>>
>>7486091

Almost as disgusting as Houellebecq. Almost...
>>
>>7486937

Unless the women who say this are utterly repulsive, it is most definitely an insult, anon. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hit the gym. Get a tan. And do your fucking laundry.

Clean your place up, too.
>>
>>7489875
>>7492402
>"all my posts have my trip"
>later, posts without trip

you have curiously-fluctuating trip standards and i wouldn't be surprised if you were samefagging in that thread. also, the amount of effort you put into hating one writer is bordering on mania. do you have a personal vendetta against Bukowski? Do you think it's your civic duty to inform everyone of his unworthiness?
>>
File: Thesepeoplereadquestionmark.jpg (150 KB, 1278x525) Image search: [Google]
Thesepeoplereadquestionmark.jpg
150 KB, 1278x525
>>7493846
You know, it says (you) when people link you, right?
>>7493875
Thank you, it's tough out there but someone has to bare the weight.
>>
>>7494003
you know you can change IPs as easily as changing wifi's right? I myself have access to three wifis.

Regardless, unironically posting screencaps of your posts, whether or not you took the cap, is pleb-tier, tryhard-tier, cringe-tier. Can you stop? You're literally a faggot.
>>
File: 25.jpg (114 KB, 732x410) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
114 KB, 732x410
>>7493989
>"all my posts have my trip"
When did I say this? Honestly, if I said it I'd like to keep my word so please actually provide it.
>trip standards
This is 4chan, you know this, right?
>if you were samefagging in that thread
In which, there is two. I'll assume you know the "a good anon", I didn't and I personally don't care if you believe me or not.
>the amount of effort you put into hating one writer is bordering on mania
Not at all. I browse /lit/ at random times. If I see a buk thread that I'm going to say something and I think the trip should be on, I trip. If you'd like to fantasize on my posting habits, I suggest you spend your time more wisely. (But do whatever you want I guess).

I normally don't trip on the other threads, hence why the trip is sometimes not there. I take it off so people like you don't bleed into innocent people's threads.
>do you have a personal vendetta against Bukowski?
No. This has been covered by me before.
>Do you think it's your civic duty to inform everyone of his unworthiness?
No. This is the internet. If you don't like it, close it.

If you've only got stupid shit to ask from now on, don't bother asking. You're bumping shit that shouldn't be bumped for reasons that I've covered. If you have a reasonable legit question/argument then feel free.
>>
>>7494054
refer to >>7489875
>"any of my posts had my trip on"
~you, said in a bukowski thread
>"if I see a buk thread that im going to say something and I think the trip should be on, I trip."
~you, said in another bukowski thread

basically, fuck off with your shitposting, there is literally nothing to be gained from trashing writers except maybe you want to feel better about yourself by inflicting your opinions on other people. or you could write real criticism, but I don't see any of that here, just a bunch of screens of your two-line disses. I hope other anons see through you for the shill you are.

>this has been covered by me before
then feel free to enlighten me since I never heard of you
>>
>>7494027
You guys are both pretty sad.
>>
I think this is a valid question. It's not like Bukowski is the only decadent poet who gave no fucks and wrote in a simple and direct style. So why he, exactly, is the one who appears on some many instagram pictures and tumblr posts?
>>
The only women I've met who liked Bukowski were massive sluts.
>>
File: buk is overrated.jpg (22 KB, 713x135) Image search: [Google]
buk is overrated.jpg
22 KB, 713x135
>>7494092
>"any of my posts had my trip on"
...Yeah, in that thread in the picture. Not non-stop, I would never think that would have ever needed to be clarified. Congrats on that I guess.
>"if I see a buk thread that im going to say something and I think the trip should be on, I trip."
I said that just now, not in another thread. Once again, I would think this wouldn't need clarification: I trip when I think the trip is needed, aka I don't trip all the time (hint hint: I don't trip all the time) P.S. I don't trip all the time. I really hope I never have to clarify that statement to anyone.

I'll assume English isn't your first language. Well, rather, I hope that's the reason because I shouldn't of had to clarify that to a native speaker

>basically, fuck off with your shitposting...
No one cares about your whining, I care even less. I'll let you in on a secret: This is 4chan, don't get mad over fucking tripfags.

>then feel free to enlighten me
Go through the archive. You're not worth the time.

>since I never heard of you
That's clearly bullshit. Nice try though.

I only bothered to start responding just to clarify. If you're just going to cry, don't reply to me, don't bump this thread, and go cry into your pillow. I'm not going to respond any further to you, you only want attention from a tripfag on /lit/.
>>
>>7484444

Why do men pretend to like Bukowski?
>>
>>7494198
Not that guy, but he is spot on about your lack of criticism. If you post on Bukowski threads to give critique so often, don't you have something like a paragraph you can reuse, which provides something genuinely insightful or informative? If you don't love Bukowski, fine, but don't think everyone is going to accept your subjective opinion when you show no interest in discussing it in an intelligent way.
>>
>>7494202
pulp was hilarious. its pretty much just for dudes
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.