[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the primary difference, psychologically, between poets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: schopenpoodle.png (177 KB, 820x683) Image search: [Google]
schopenpoodle.png
177 KB, 820x683
What is the primary difference, psychologically, between poets and philosophers?
>>
Poets aren't content with stating their ideas until they are made as pleasing to read as possible.
>>
what are the similarities?
>>
They overlap.
>>
poets: "You don't know what I'm talking about? That's my intention, but you do have to FEEL what I'm talking about."
philosophers: "You don't know what I'm talking about? lol top pleb you are. Come back when you've read the 800 classic philosophy books I have."
>>
Poets are propagandists. Philosophers are concerned with truth.
>>
>>7484193
This most of the time.
>>
>>7484193
>Poets are propagandists.
Holly father of Allah!
>>
Philosophers want to be right.
Poets want to be.
>>
>>7483895

Poets are mostly just overgrown babies or "people" if you can even call them that, who like to come up with rhymes like children, and philosophers are intellectually superior and capable of logical thought.
>>
>>7484568
Perhaps not accurate, but I like this one.
>>
Art and Philosophy are different discourses or responses to one same experience. They may both be concerned with Truth, but they show a different kind of truth
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.