[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder to read your bibles, Jesus' birthday is almost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
Daily reminder to read your bibles, Jesus' birthday is almost upon us friends.

>Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. -Matthew 18:3

what did he mean by this?
>>
That he knew he was a con man and was basically making fun of his own followers
>>
File: 4.jpg (63 KB, 467x615) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
63 KB, 467x615
>>7480435

the date is symbolic and part of tradition.

>>7480436

peace be with you
>>
>>7480435
What's the date of His birth, then?
>>
>>7480470
When in the Spring? Jesus will purge you for not following his church, you dirty Protestant white boy.
>>
>Christ points to little children as the model to which the members of his kingdom must assimilate themselves. The special attributes of children which he would recommend are humility, unworldliness, simplicity, teachableness, - the direct contraries of self-seeking, worldliness, distrust, conceit.

>That is, he shall be the most distinguished Christian who is the most humble, and who is willing to be esteemed least and last of all.

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/matthew/18-3.htm
>>
“The child is innocence and forgetting, a new beginning, a sport, a self-propelling wheel, a Sacred Yes” -Nietzsche

Dionysus X Crucified
Bring it on
>>
>>7480474
On Easter, for is it not said that he is born again?
>>
>wah Jesus wasn't ACTUALLY born in December

christ nobody cares, it's the meaning of the thing
>>
>>7480432
>Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. -Matthew 18:3

The NEET shall inherit the earth
>>
>>7480470
>spring
It's in autumn you pleb. That's when the harvest began so the majority of farmers would have their taxes ready for the romans.
>>
>>7480445

tradition is central to religion.

"Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle." 2 Thess 2:15
>>
The son (sun) has died and went into the tomb, but show no fear! In three days (months) he will be arisen on Easter just in time for spring! (March 27)

Better dance around that maypole like a good Christian! I hope you celebrated Halloween too!
>>
>>7482270

The pre-Christian celebrations of the renewal of creation in the Spring find their completion in the Resurrection, the passage from death to life of the incarnate Son of God, and with him all creation.

and anyway there were pagan celebrations and feasts in every season, no matter when a celebration falls you can link it to some pre-christian event. not that surprising.
>>
i'm getting the Nag Hammadi scriptures for Xmas, anyone read those/have any thoughts?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.