[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into Schopenhauer and have recently read his essay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Philip_Seymour_Hoffman_2011.jpg (144 KB, 516x688) Image search: [Google]
Philip_Seymour_Hoffman_2011.jpg
144 KB, 516x688
I want to get into Schopenhauer and have recently read his essay about women.

However for his longer works I am told I should read Kant?

Do I have to? Can someone please just inform about what Kant's general message was?

Pic semi related
>>
>>7479064
Kant's message is that not only is it OK to be autistic but that your neurodiversity makes you better.
>>
>>7479064
I would say that the first book of the world as will and presentation will make far less sense, and perhaps even seem incomplete, without having read kant's first critique. certainly you can't read the appendix to it without reading kant, at all. And given that the whole work is rigorously interconnected, those gaps will permeate through the rest of it.

You can read Schop without Kant but I think ultimately your experience will be a less fulfilling one if you do. Kan'ts other two critiques aren't so important for it.
>>
>>7479068

Ok cool I can read Schopenhauer now
>>
File: 1449018417464.gif (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449018417464.gif
2 MB, 640x480
>>7479064
>Can someone please just inform about what Kant's general message was?

are you kidding me? if you have to ask this, and ask it in this way, just ignore it and read whatever schopenhauer you like, reading kant wouldn't help you.
>>
bait
>>
>>7479080

Kant is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: 1450462137887.jpg (28 KB, 576x440) Image search: [Google]
1450462137887.jpg
28 KB, 576x440
>>7479086
so deep
>>
>>7479094

I'm pretty serious. His views are not as groundbreaking
>>
>>7479064
Just get this

http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Schopenhauer-Selections-Representation-Writings/dp/0061768243/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450489521&sr=8-1&keywords=essential+schopenhauer

went in blind and am loving it. His thought coincides with eastern philosophy/religion like Buddhism and Hinduism so it was very accessible for me, but either way, Schopenhauer is in no way dense or obscurantist.
>>
>>7479101
cool
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.