[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here read this? Recommend me similar books /lit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Has anyone here read this? Recommend me similar books /lit/
>>
>>7478691
Yes I have. I love the period so I was an easy sell though. I understand the author did some similar works, "The Etruscan" and "The Roman", but I didn't read either of those.
>>
>>7478691

I love ancient Egyptian stuff. What is this about? Is it a novel or what?
>>
>>7478691
I haven't heard of it. If you want Egyptian lit, http://wisdomlib.org/egypt/book/the-literature-of-the-ancient-egyptians/index.html
>>
>>7478727
It's a novel set in the Amarna period.
>>
I loved it when I was a kid - I loved the adventures and the historical accuracy. But I should reread it next year because there were probably many things that I missed. Even without rereading it I noticed Christian and philosophical undertones.
>>
>>7478846
This, it's not a children's or YA book but perfect for a kid into ancient history.
>>
>>7478691
We Were Kings by Ani G Gaforeal
>>
>tfw since my teens I've wanted to be a good enough naturalist/realist artist to paint a kitschy romantic painting of a ka priest all by his lonesome out in the mysterious desert at dusk, travelling to the tomb where he administers his rites, maybe even heqanakht himself but ambiguous
>tfw want it to be all classical romanticist-y highlighting the mysterious spooky untamed world that the ka priest has to sojourn off into, in order to tend to the dead
>tfw don't care if it's been done and it's kitschy and derivative, still want to have that painting
>tfw can't even doodle a stickman without fucking it up
>tfw not sure why i have this feel

this is the only time i've ever shared this feel
>>
>>7480311
That's a good feel and I'm glad you shared it
>>
>>7478691
I loved it at first, but it drags on for so long. Adventure after adventure.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.