[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey you aware of podcasts ? What's your favorite ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 4L_eyiTBe5z.png (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
4L_eyiTBe5z.png
45 KB, 300x300
>>
>>7477727
Only really started listening to them two weeks ago. I only know Dan Carlin atm, listened to Wrath of the Khans completely, halfway through WWI podcast now. I'd like some other topics or other people, though. Maybe even just storytellers.
>>
I'm aware of them but have never felt the need to listen to them. If I want to switch off my brain I'll listen to music, if I want to learn I'll listen to recorded lectures. Why would I want to listen to some random knobjockey prattle on about whatever they feel like talking about based solely on their dull interests?
>>
>>7477761
uhh, what? Podcasts are basically lectures.
>>
>>7477727
JOE RIGAN EXPERIENCE

REV UP YOUR FLOAT TANKS AND GET READY TO USE PROMO CODE ROGAN. HOPE YOUR ORGANIC SHROOM GROWS ARE GOING WELL
>>
>>7477763
Yeah I'm sure you tell yourself that while listening to Joe Rogan wittering on about the aliens he met when he took DMT. He's basically a Harvard professor of physics, right?
>>
>>7477769
>>7477768
I'm glad other people think he's a fuccboi too
>>
File: Dollop-Poster-1a_1024x1024.jpg (307 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dollop-Poster-1a_1024x1024.jpg
307 KB, 1000x1000
The Dollop is a pretty decent podcast about unusual events in American history
>>
>>7477769
What are you on about? I've never listened to Joe Rogan, you're incredibly shallowly prejudiced, my friend. And ironically enough, you seem to know a whole lot more about Joe Rogan than I do. Figures.
>>
BASED SILVERBLATT
KRCW BOOKWORM BABY
>>
History of Philosophy without any gaps, the partially examined life, the massey lectures.

there's some of the latter on youtube, but you'll have to torrent the rest. i would upload mine, but i've lost the harddrive with them.
>>
PEL (philosophy)
Sick and Wrong (bullshit)

That's all I listen to.
>>
>>7477784
Yes, maybe I know more about real things because I don't waste my time listening to self-indulgent recordings of members of the public talking superficially about things they have no qualifications or background in.
>>
>>7477812
Once again, you're assuming things that aren't true. You're an infantile crybaby fighting a phantom enemy. Have fun being mad at ghosts, mate.
>>
Silverblatt, BEE, and Maron are comfy for me (Silverblatt is especially comfy)
>>
>>7477812
You fucking idiot; you do realise members of the academia can create podcasts?
>>
>>7477834
Bingo
>>
>podcasts
>not itunes university

plebs
>>
>>7477812
>being this ignorant of a contrarian pseud
lmao
>>
http://www.filipandfredrik.com//pod/lang/en/

2 narcissist Swedes talking English quickly with A+ anecdotes
>>
In our time and thinking allowed are both great. Both have actual professionals and experts, which is kind of rare in most podcasts.
>>
>>7477727
Partially Examined Life (philosophy)
Last Podcast on the Left (camp/conspiracy theories/paranormal/comedy)
BBC radio podcasts (the one on Knausgard was godly)

There was also one podcast 'bout design I used to listen to, but I can't recall the name.
>>
I've listened to Poop Epiphany, one of them talks about Pynchon, not in depth at all though. They talked about Stoner in one of them. It's an Adventure Time podcast really though not one that has to do with literature.
>>
Waking Up with Sam Harris
>>
The Philip K Dick philosophical podcast. So far they have only done his short stories and considering the rate of uploading new podcasts, it'll be a while before they get onto his longer book.
>>
>>7477774
Hey hey hey.

Wrong usage of the word fuccboi. Fuccboi means a sexy twink with kawaii boipussy
>>
Biggest Problem in the Universe hosted by Maddox and Dick Masterson

Funniest podcast I've listened too. Informative, too.
>>
>>7479508
no it doesn't lmao
>>
>>7479568
newfag detected
>>
>>7477727
PhilosophyBites
>>
wrestling observer radio
>>
>>7477833
Silverblatt has the most annoying voice

Also, Entitled Opinions
>>
Welcome to Night Vale
>>
Professor blastoff and giant bomb are consistently pretty good
>>
>>7477769
u know there is plenty of podcasts produced by professors right?
>>
>>7477727
Listen to WTF with Marc Maron. Listen to the one with Todd Hanson talking about suicide. There are a lot of great episodes. Search around for lists of top 10 or 15 whatever. Also ones that I love that aren't mentioned that are funny are Chad Daniels, Josh Blue. Hmmmmmm. Other great ones are Michael Keaton, Robin Williams, Fiona Apple, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, Ivan and Jason Reitman.
After a while you'll get tired of his intros so skip them whenever.
>>
>>7477774

https://www.reddit.com/r/joerogan2
>>
>>7479512
Those guys are megaplebs
>>
We need a big graphic of all the good podcasts the same way /a/ has all those anime rec charts every season.

Best comedy podcast (and probably my favorite show for the last 5 years) is Red Bar Radio. It's pretty underground still but the dude has more talent and integrity then any comedy show out there. Basically the show is hours of the host ranting 3 times a week from his anti-social perspective. He's been doing the show for over a decade now and is focused on high quality and constant evolution. To the anon above who's still enjoying Maddox's mediocre podcast of mattress ads and brain-dead listener voice mails, you'd probably enjoy it. Give it a few episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSgHIn_enVQ

(it's also on itunes)
>>
>>7477768
Yes, he has themes and subjects that you can boil down to one memey sentence. What an excellent way of judging the content.
>>
>>7480836
This seriously sounds like every other Howard Stern look at me mr. contrarian podcast

Pretty embarassing
>>
File: 1450292313252.png (603 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1450292313252.png
603 KB, 630x630
Are we acting like we all don't listen to Serial and This American Life because its pleb?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.