[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pablo Neruda poetry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6
Hi /lit/. I work in the lobby at a hotel. I take care of little nuisances experienced by the clientele. There is this female who has been living here for 3 months. She has just flown in from Spain. I saw her reading a book in her native tongue. I have not met her yet butI hope to catch her attention. I want to leave a note in the chair that she tends to sit in. I will transcribe "Cuerpo de Mujer" by Pablo Neruda on to it and then sign my name. I hope to catch her attention with this. What I am asking is whether the Spanish or English version is better. (Which one would you prefer?) And also, If you have a better poetic option do let me know. I also, would like your comments on whether I should present it to her myself or leave it for her.
>>
Spanish, you dunce.
>>
>>7477463
Yes, but is this poem good? I don't know her and I think this would be a romantic way to become acquainted.
>>
>>7477506
If you don't understand the poem don't give it to her. What if she does know it and tries to discuss it with you? You'll look like an idiot. Just talk to her like a normal person.
>>
File: neruda-poem.jpg (47 KB, 922x419) Image search: [Google]
neruda-poem.jpg
47 KB, 922x419
>>7513
No. I do know it. It is Body of a Woman. Translated it is In the pic. Buy is it a good poem to give her if I have not spoken to her yet?>>7477513
>>
sometimes i feel like a sperg but then i come to /lit/ and realize im not all that bad. thanks op.
>>
>>7477621
Why what is the problem? Give me some advice please. Is Neruda considered bad?
>>
>>7477680
You want to give her a poem or letter because you are scared of being rejected. If you give her a poem and are rejected you can convince yourself that she rejected the poem not you. You are distancing yourself from the action, like a coward.
Secondly, a girl you don't know will think getting a letter or poem is "creepy".
Just talk to her.

Neruda is a good poet, btw.
>>
>>7477513
I agree. Giving her a poem like
>>7477597
is over the top. Just start taking to her and find out if she has a boyfriend before making a grand gesture.
>>
>>7477691
I do want to talk to her but I turn all cold. I feel like she gives me the cold shoulder. I just want to be romantic. You suggest I talk to her but what about? How do I start this conversation? Girls think it is intelligent to talk about poetry and politics, right?
>>
>>7477680
It depends. I'm spanish and only I've only knew two kinds of people who like him: highschool literature teachers and leftist cucks. Most people just don't give a fuck about him, he kinda meme-communist-twitter poet, like Benedetti. But if reading his works and shit can help you gettin laid go ahead mane.
>>
>>7477694
Buy I do not know and I would be scared. If she has one I will have to start all over. And time is running out. I overheard her say in one month she is returning to Spain. I just want to give her this poem and have her fall for me.
>>
>>7477701
What other love writers exist? Who's poems would be sweet to reverbirate through her ears? I chose "Body of a Woman" for its beauty and for ideas for future happenings between us.
>>
>>7477700
>Girls think it is intelligent to talk about poetry and politics, right?
They don't give a Fuck about them.
Romance is dead.
Tell her you noticed she's been living in a hotel for 3 months, what's up with that? What is she here for? What does she like to do? Have you noticed that weird thing happening around the hotel?
>>
>>7477711
>They don't give a fuck about them
But she is dressed to the nines every day. I think she must work with some company or other. I feel like I am getting a rash from fearing of talking to her. How would I do it? I don't want everyone to laugh and mock me!!!!
>>
>>7477705
>using someone else's words to intimately compliment a stranger
Good luck OP!
>>
>>7477734
What do you think if that poem? I think it is very lovely and would work beautifully.
>>
>>7477705
Yes. Use a highly sexualized poem on someone that you don't know. Great idea!
>>
>>7477745
But it is a sweet work of classic literature about love. What could be the problem?
>>
>>7477719
Advice for next time. You've gone overboard with the 4 exclamation points.
>>
>>7477750
What? I don't want people to mock me! I am telling the truth. NOBODY likes to be mocked unless they like that sado-masochism shite.
>>
>>7477749
You sound like a fucking tard. Women are stupid and don't like poetry. That's one of the stupidest things that you could do.
>>
>>7477749
A. She had no idea who you are.
B. You have no idea how to talk to women.
C. This is weird and off putting.

But go ahead and make a fool of yourself. Make sure to post here how it all went down in flames.
>>
>>7477767
A. She has no idea who you are
I concede this but how do you talk to women? A woman won't just pop up out of nowhere. How do you get to talk to them. Everyone is saying that women don't like poetry but I thought it was cute. If they don't like poetry then what do they like?
B.) You don't know how to talk to women.
False. In school I had many friends who were girls and we talked often and SPOILER: their boyfriends write them poetry!
C.) This is weird and off putting
People say this on here.but real life says otherwise.
>>
This is a troll riffing on the Thames guy, I would guess.
>>
>>7477790
That's what my thoughts were too. You can tell by the complete ignorance and unwillingness to change plans even though everyone says it's stupid.
>>
>>7477790
>>7477805
I am not a troll. You want proof. I am American and I will not give her the poem. I would like some advice on how to approach her. Give me some other literary ideas, please. I saw her reading Apollinaire. Should I start reading him so that I could talk to her about it.
>>
>>7477766
Okay. Everyone says that. I will refrain from giving or talking about poetry. See>>7477811 I will try to talk about something that she is acquainted with.
>>
>>7477734
The whole point of the poem was that it was beautiful and lovely and something that she would recognize. I am not even using it though.
>>
>>7477778
B. By "taking to women" I mean with the point of asking one out. Taking to girls with boyfriends is not the same all. A girl getting a romantic gift from her boyfriend is totally different from a stalkery surprise: "He's been watching me, knew what book I ess trading."
C. Name any guy in this century who met a girl by giving her a poem. This isn't the fucking Renaissance.
>>
>>7477871
Well, jeeze. I was trying to be a romantic and I get a shite taken all over me. Maybe single and not single girls like different things but what do they like? What is the easiest way to meet one? What gifts would they enjoy?
>>
>>7477898
Don't give her a gift you cuk. Just talk to her like a normal fucking person. Pretend she's a guy or something.
>>
>>7477898
You don't even know if she has a boyfriend or has any interest at all. Being romantic is NOT the first step. If she has a bf or isn't interested, congrats, you just made everything awkward from now on.

Read the advice I wrote to Thames Note guy with the pic of nine "No"s. Tldr start by saying hi and asking her how she is.
>>
>>7477927
>>7477947
Thanks guys. So I go up to her and ask how she is doing and then I can casually work asking if she has a bf in. The only problem with that plan is that I am shy and nervous. Huh ~SIGH~.
>>
>>7477985
You don't need to ask if she has a bf. By talking to her she will understand you're signaling interest and she'll let you know if she's unavailable. A code word she might use is "friend" as in she s going to dinner with a friend, a guy she's dating but not an exclusive bf.

Go read my post
>>7471832
>>
File: fvbsrgrrrg.jpg (11 KB, 500x497) Image search: [Google]
fvbsrgrrrg.jpg
11 KB, 500x497
Neruda is free-form garbaggio (in either language).

Your idea is stupid, and you'll be humiliated when she tells you to fuck off in the nicest way possible.

Poetry is wasted on women, all they care about is status and money.

Refuse to listen to me and see what happens.
>>
>>7477441
Is she a pleb?
If so go Neruda, pleb girls eat that shit.
>>
>>7478031
Specific to your situation, when you see her with a book ask her what she's reading. Don't read Apollinaire beforehand because that's again stalkery. Ask her to tell you about Apollinaire or whatever and suggest a book to you.

Also, maybe go see a doctor for anxiety pills.
>>
>>7478059
They said not to buy her a book but I am leaning on getting her "The Art of the Deal." My sister is a Bernie voter and it perturbs me. I would feel good to spread Trump to this qt Spaniard girl. TRUMP WILL MAKE ANIME REAL!!!!
>>
>>7478031
Yes, but what if she means a non-sexual partner? Then I could get it messed up. Thanks for the advice about stopping in her way. That should work. I could play on my phone beforehand but it is not the weekend yet so I can not talk to her about that. I can talk to her about how Thursday night went because yesterday night was Thursday night.
>>
>>7478039
I listen to you all. I have no money. I am a lowly lobby boy. I wish I could have her. SIGH. I'll get to know her and I will hopefully someday gift to her "The Art of the Deal."
>>
>>7478071
THANKS SO MUCH!! Best advice in this thread. That is a good idea. I need pills and drugs for my nervousness. I could talk to her about reading and get to know her better when she talks first. With the drugs I would feeless anxious and she would provably like the medical marijuana. Girls love that I hear!
>>
>>7478112
>I am a lowly lobby boy
And don't forget it.

There are some pleasures that some people are simply not privy to--like gangbang anal creampies, climbing Mont Blanc, seeing the plains of Mongolia, and, in your case, enjoy the permission that comes with a beautiful woman allowing you to explore her delicious ripe growths and orifices.

Don't worry about things beyond your control, just lower your standards.

Learn to be content with creature comforts, because that's all you'll get. Slave.
>>
>>7478138
FUCK YOU!!! I work hard as fuck here. I pack things and sweep things and vaccum things. I have lifted a chair that had to be 1 and a half tons and I carried it to the other side of the building so don't you try to say that I don't deserve this beautiful woman. I have one month left and I WILL get going and I WILL get her!
>>
>>7478171
>deserve
There is your mistaken assumption--you deserve nothing.

Nobody deserves anything--everyone gets what fortuna permits them to have.

And when you rashly splurge your emotions on your victim, and she rebuffs you as tactfully as she knows how, you'll think of me--and how right I was.
>>
>>7478204
I get what you are saying. Philosophically, what happens happens. It's Newton's third law. If I lay on the old charm and sweet talk her then I can get her. The only problem is that I am so freaking nervous and scared. So far, it has been easy talking to girls with boyfriends but the moment they get single I go all cold-shouldered. So far on life I have been stick all on my lonesome. But I NEED to finally change that.
>>
>>7478224
>So far on life I have been stick all on my lonesome. But I NEED to finally change that.
Young.Dumb.Full of cum.

If you stake your happiness to convincing someone of the opposite sex to allow you to stimulate a sensitive gland inside one of their orifices, you're a base human being.

What you should concentrate on is accomplishing things--creating things and attaining power.

Slave.
>>
>>7477441
>I have not met her yet but

lol
>>
>>7478224
>If I lay on the old charm and sweet talk her then I can get her.
this is so deluded.
she probably has a boyfriend already.
are you qt at all?
are you fun and interesting?
she's probably a liberal.
you have no idea who she is as a person or what she likes in a guy.
don't pin all your hopes on this one girl.
>>
>>7478233
I do want to accomplish things. That would be easier with a gf. Also, this woman is smart and beautiful and I NEED to get to know her before she has to return. SIGH
>>
>>7478235
What's so funny? I bet you haven't met every sweet and charming girl in the world!
>>
>>7478239
>Are you a qt?
Yes. I would say I am a 9.5- 10/10. On my downtime I often wear cool clothes. I have a Blue jacket that I wear often and I have a cool bowler type haircut.
>are you fun and interesting?
Yes. I would say that. I am sure she would to. I have made many friends on the internet. (4chan included.)
>She's probably a liberal
Then she doesn't know about Trump. That is why I will buy his book to give to her as a present. If she gave his book a shot then she would love it.
I don't know if she has a bf or what kind of guys she likes but I just have to be myself and put on the old charm. I see guys with girls all of the time. The only hard part is approaching them. The other hard part is getting to know one another. Like exchanging gifts, and talking about politics. Yadda, yadda. But the important thing is I have to go one step at a time by starting at the first step.
>>
>>7478263
You're hilarious. Do continue. Please report back if you ever do give these things to this presumably fictional young lady.
>>
>>7478291
She is not fictional. Just because you are a stupid virgin doesn't mean others are. Also, just so you know, I am not going to start by giving her "The Art of the Deal" but be nice to her, date her and do it over time. That is called being in love.
>>
File: 1450442279248.png (87 KB, 684x576) Image search: [Google]
1450442279248.png
87 KB, 684x576
>>7477927
>pretend she is a guy
How am I supposed to do that? I get so anxious. I need to get socio anxiety pills to calm down because I am anxious and sad. SIGH. SAD PEPE.
>>
you listen to classical?
>>
>>7478344
You don't need pills, you just need experience!
>>
>>7478389
Yes. Why do you ask?
>>
>>7478410
what composers? just wondering
>>
>>7478405
Yes, but medical marijuana would work too. Unfortunately, the medical marijuana centers are half way across the country from me.
>>
>>7478416
Bach, Beethoven and Mozart.
>>
>>7478389
I also like Manga and Anime. Do you think she would be into that?
>>
>>7478423
>Bach, Beethoven and Mozart.
You enjoy more modern composers like gershwin and leonard bernstein?
>>
>>7478263
What kind of blue jacket? post fit
>>
>>7478432
Sure, why not? I like the musical "On the Town." I saw it once in my childhood and I enjoyed it immensely. It was very good.
>>
File: il_fullxfull.96136683.jpg (29 KB, 551x552) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.96136683.jpg
29 KB, 551x552
>>7478436
A jacket similar to this. I do not want to post it online as it is my signature look and could reveal my IRL meme identity.
>>
>>7478448
>A jacket similar to this. I do not want to post it online as it is my signature look and could reveal my IRL meme identity.

be honest. are you in college?
>>
>>7478465
No. I have graduated some years ago. What would give you this impression?
>>
>>7478448
Does your coat have a tear in the shoulder by any chance? Alternatively, are you Paddington Bear?
>>
>>7478481
I am not a Paddington bear but my coat does have a tear. How did you know that?
>>
>>7478491
are you real?
>>
>>7478493
Yes. I am real. How would I not be? If I wasn't real then I would not be able to type on this computer, desktop keyboard at this very moment unless if you mean the philosophical treatise of am I real? Then it would depend upon the philosopher.
>>
>>7478491
So you're telling me that your famous blue raincoat is, in fact, torn at the shoulder?
Tell me, how well have you aged?
>>
>>7478500
I have aged well as I am only in my mid-20s. I am in most opportune health but I am slightly balding. I cover it with a variety of headware.
>>
>>7478507
Balding isn't aging well. I suspect that if someone from your college days saw you now, they would say you look so much older.
>>
>>7478513
Not quite. Balding isn't too bad. Especially when you have a lot of hair in the front and a few classy hates (bowlers, fedoras, straw hats, etc.) To cover them up.
>>
>>7478507
ARE YOU A FUCKING MEME?
>>
>>7478541
No, I am not a meme. What gave you that impression? I just like my coat because it reminds me of the song. When I was a child my mum sang it to me every night before bed. Sometimes this coat reminds me of it.
>>
>>7478514
What can I tell you, my brother, my killer? What can I possibly say? I guess that I miss you, I guess I forgive you, I'm glad you stood in my way.
>>
>>7478578
Yea. I enjoy the song very much. It brings me back to simpler times when I did not have to move cities to work in an hotel. SIGH
>>
>>7477441
Just tell her,

Me gustas cuando callas

That's it, just one line. If she gets offended, she's not for you and if she doesn't it's all gravy from their baby.
>>
>>7478448
>it is my signature look and could reveal my IRL meme identity.

I kek'd to the heavens.
>>
>>7479009
Why? What does that mean? Is it romantic?
>>
>>7479025
Why? What's wring with my look? Or you are referring to me not wanting to doxx myself on 4chan? Remember. We are anonymous. We are legion. Never forget.
>>
>>7479033
why haven't you been desu'd and sage'd to hell already?

WHY HAVENT YOU BEEN DESU"D AND SAGE"D TO HELL ALREADY??
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.