[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this book any good? Got it as a gift last Christmas, but I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 61bahG8xTIL.jpg (65 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
61bahG8xTIL.jpg
65 KB, 333x500
Is this book any good? Got it as a gift last Christmas, but I'm not gonna read 1000+ pages, unless I know its at least decent and I heard its kind of unfinished...
>>
Is this thread any good? It got posted just now but I'm not going to read it, unless I know the OP isn't a moron.
>>
File: 517Fv2TEcFL.jpg (63 KB, 348x500) Image search: [Google]
517Fv2TEcFL.jpg
63 KB, 348x500
>>7477100

Its great. Without a doubt the best book published in the 21st century so far. English version is only something like 900 pages. Pretty easy read also, I sped through it. It took me longer to read Crime and Punishment which is only around 400-500 pages depending on the translation.
>>
there was a cool thread on it earlier this week and i really liked what this anon had to say

https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7468196#p7469822
>>
>Foot long meme pride of the romanian army
>loads of dreams
>two ugly mexicans fucking each other
>loads of raped dead girls with anal bruising
Whats not to like
>>
>>7477113
>This is the best book published in the 21st century so far

What is The Pale King
>>
>>7478238
A pile of drivel from a hack writer.
>>
>>7478271
>implying you've read the book
>>
>>7478273
>implying I haven't
>>
>>7478277
Prove it.
>>
>>7478277
i would have to assume you haven't
>>
>>7478286
Look I'm sorry if you love dfw because you've barely read anything beyond entry level /lit/ memes but just because someone who has read more than you points out the pale king is drivel doesn't mean they're lying. Grow up.
>>
I guarantee he hasn't read one word of DFW. He probably hasn't read Bolano either.
>>
>>7477113
>the best book published in the 21st century so far

What is House of Leaves
>>
>>7478309
"Waaah someone insulted the only big boy author I've read my self esteem is so hurt that I'm gonna accuse him of lying on an anonymous Sri Lankan finger painting forum"
>>
>>7478325
Don't worry anon, I haven't read DFW either.
>>
>>7478312
>House of Leaves is the best book published in the 21st century so far

Yeah it's definitely the best horror novel of the last 15 years, and the intro-to-Derrida sections are kinda fun, and I like giving the word "house" blue font as much as the next guy.

But lol no
>>
No idea whether OP is trolling but yeah, 2666 is far and away one of the best novels from the last fifty years.
>>
>>7477104
go to bed grandpa
>>
>>7478297
I'm not a fan of DFW, but using "drivel" and "hack" as criticism is so fucking clichéd as to be meaningless.
>>
>>7478297
rude much???
>>
>>7477100
You know Bolano wanted it published as five separate books. And the first one is a small comic novel. Read that small comic novel. It doesn't contain the shit the book is famous for, but it should show you that Bolano is a proper writer. Engage with the bloat later.
>>
>>7480138
he only wanted that for max income to his kids and cos he didnt think he could finish, it was planned as one book
>>
>>7477106
He is. You can leave
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.