[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At the bookstore and wanting to buy either The Brief Wonderous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 20120910092107-0_0.jpg (752 KB, 999x999) Image search: [Google]
20120910092107-0_0.jpg
752 KB, 999x999
At the bookstore and wanting to buy either The Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao or This Is How You Lose Her. Which of the two should I buy?
>>
Shameful self-bump
>>
>>7475945
Oscar Wao bb
though I personally don't care for either
doesn't diaz work at like, MIT or something?
he looks like the warden from Orange Is The New Black
what a ridiculous man
>>
>>7475945

This is How You Lose Her. I love that collection so much.
>>
File: 1408730394330 - Copy.gif (3 MB, 298x224) Image search: [Google]
1408730394330 - Copy.gif
3 MB, 298x224
>>7475969
Way to be objective there, bro.
>>
>>7475969
>>7476016
Too fucking late, the bookstore already closed.
>>
>>7475969
>he looks like the warden from Orange Is The New Black
>what a ridiculous man
le mayo

during a lit course when we were getting hammered with SJW-tier race-/gender-centric fiction, Diaz was really refreshing for me. Drown is p good tbqf.
>>
>>7476097
>during a lit course when we were getting hammered with SJW-tier race-/gender-centric fiction, Diaz was really refreshing for me.

that's because despite his SJW facade he really just writes boring "semi-autobiographical" brags about all the chicks he fucked, which appeals to male chauvanist pigs, and the chicks who despite being feminist really just want to get their pussy pounded by a macho spanish stud, basically it's just standard macho-lit but with some spanish words thrown in here and there so it can be assigned in ethnic lit classes
>>
>>7476103
hey if i write a book and when my semi-autobiographical avatar is at a bar picking up hot chicks to bang if i write "heineken" in italics can i be classified as ethnic lit?
>>
turn 360 degrees and walk away
>>
>>7476149
Are you being maymay, or do you think I should actually read it?
>inb4 newfag
>>
>>7476342
i listened to like two hours of the this is how u loser audiobook and it was not bad at all but i dont know if id like read it read it
>>
>>7475945
>Which of the two should I buy?
Buy Drown. See how you feel after that.
>>
>>7476149
>turn 360 degrees and walk away

B-But then you'd end up facing in the same dir-oh, never mind, it's one of those "memes", isn't it?
>>
Literally the worst author ive ever read desu. Oscar wao sucked, unless reading the words fuku and Trujillo 5000 times is appealing
>>
This guy looks like ym weed dealer
>>
>>7476392
No, he clearly looks like the warden from Orange is the New Black.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.