[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, let's say you had a series of YA novels written and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Okay, let's say you had a series of YA novels written and ready to go. How would you market it? You can't resort to using a big firm and you don't have more expendable funds than the average min. wage worker.
>>
publish on kindle
>>
>>7475636
>can't resort to using a big firm
why?
>>
>>7475644
Use caps you heathen.
>>
>>7475648
Because I, I mean you can't afford it.
>>
>>7475636
Release the first one for free as an ebook, spam it everywhere for 2 months. Build a rabid fanbase, promising you are working on a sequel. Release a sequel 1 year after, self-published on amazon, wait for publishers to approach you. Release book 3 and then a compendium of all 3 books on Amazon 6 months later, with the promise of a 9 book series in mind.

You are a millionaire by now, strike a 7 figure deal with your publisher to get your shit in stores, write the greatest treatise on modern war for books 4-9.
>>
>>7475636
this dude died recently. He seemed like a nice dude. rip
>>
>>7476349
Who is he?
>>
>>7475650
Use commas, you mongoloid.
>>
>>7475691
Ok. What if the books go
1 prequel
2-4 trilogy
5 stand alone
6-8 trilogy
9-11 trilogy
And it's all written.
Note: book 5 "tags out" the main character to follow a female protagonist before ultimately switching back. She's a strong character. (It's early and I'm not awake) is there anything to consider with the release of the series in this method of the possible influx of female readers can be considered. Stupid question but I'm half awake.
>>
>>7476349
Wut
>>
>>7477164
If she gets a bunch of fan mail then obviously release book 5 sooner
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.