[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
''In 500 years, they’re going to talk about rap the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: okk.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
okk.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
''In 500 years, they’re going to talk about rap the same way they talk about Shakespeare.''

Well, are they right /lit/?
>>
>>7473456
No, it's shit.
>>
No. A few rappers have the lyrical and musical talent to be recognized down the line. On the same level as shakespeare? Not even close. The genre is only so popular right now because the corporations can make money off of muh urban cultures. Welcome to America, home of moral decay.
>>
Wu-Tang forever
>>
There'a this thing called the Flynn Effect, which states that people have been getting and will continue to get objectively more intelligent generation by generation. There's much more to be said than just that, but basically, no, probably not.
>>
In 500 years, the cleansed continents of Europe and North America will be baffled that we let niggers live with us and influence our culture.
>>
>>7473492
No. A few playwrights have the lyrical and dramatic talent to be recognized down the line. On the same level as Sophocles? Not even close. The genre is only so popular right now because the Globe Theatre can make money off of muh urban cultures. Welcome to London, home of moral decay.
>>
>>7473456
no, but is going to be discussed as popular literature. Anyways the cannon is dead,.
>>
In 20 years rap will be fucking led zepplin tier

That fucking awkward kid will talk to you at your sons birthday and say cringe shit like
>Oh wow mr. anon! You got to live through the age of Kanye West when music was still REAL not like that garbage tripto-groove virtual body enhanced music misguided kids these days listen too. I would have given anything to live through your time. did you ever see him live? Don't you think its stupid that computers make all the beats nowdays? I heard Kanye made all the beats himself! Whats a "fish fillet" anyways?
>>
>>7473552
>>tripto-groove virtual body enhanced music

I've kekked
>>
>>7473523
You smart
>>
Icycalm got it right. Art progresses and its potentialities increase. You guys are haughty and instantly dismiss vidya just like people dismissed every other fucking art form all the time.
>>
>>7473552
>Whats a "fish fillet" anyways?
kek'd hard
>>
>>7473489
Agreed
>>7473492
But people keep comparing the greatest poetry ever written by man to rap lyrics about livin' on da street n sellin dem drugz so it must be, right? Rhyming words together randomly about money, bitches and selling drugs is definitely something Milton could never do. He just didn't have the technical ability necessary!
>>7473507
Lmao, and you believe this?
>>7473511
Kek
>>7473568
Let me guess, you think kanye west is a genius, don't you?
>>
>>7473568
I'm not gonna read any icycum, but the problem with that analysis is that is assumes the same amount of freedom is retained with the increased possibilities.

In reality, if a single person were to draw an entire animated movie it would take him decades.
animation is always a joint project and so suffers to some extent.

Movies are even worse. The only movies with artistic integrity come from people who have worked in the system long enough to do what they want, which at that point their artistry is already compromised, or by people who fund themselves, but the cost makes this improbable and limits the scope a picture can take.

Movies overall are a very shitty artform, and even the best dont come close to approching even the lowest masterworks of literature or poetry.

This problem is even worse with videogames. where uncompromising titles are so few and far between that you could spend your entire life playing vidya and never have an artistic experience.
Darksouls 1 is the only one that comes to mind that does a half way job of achieving a atmosphere worthy of note.

If in the future technology allows for individuals to meticulously control all elements of the product then they will catch up to the possibility of literature. but right not movies and games are just systematically cucked by capitalism, and calling them art at this point is laughable.
>>
>>7473597

KEK, i invented the phrase cucked by capitalism.
>>
>>7473601
what are you talking about?
>>
>>7473567
"Everything will be exactly as it is, only a little different."
>>
>>7473628
K.. Keep me posted
>>
>>7473590
>Lmao, and you believe this?
The Flynn effect is a real thing. Hardly any scientist will deny it. No idea why he brought it up tho.
>>
>>7473456
You could say that about almost anything, and you'll be wrong. People aren't good at predicting the future.
>>
Nah.
>>
>>7473456
Didn't Martin Shkreli the AIDS pill guy say this in a recent interview?
Why does anyone care what he has to say about hip hop or Shakespeare?
>>
>>7473597
>a joint project and so suffers to some extent
Pure ideology.
>This problem is even worse with videogames
It's easier to make a game on your own than a movie.
>>
>>7473653
>a joint project and so suffers to some extent
>Pure ideology.

Yep. Especially when you consider that the King James Bible is the equal of Shakespeare's works when it comes to influence on English literature.

>This problem is even worse with videogames
>It's easier to make a game on your own than a movie.
Not necessarily. It depends on the type of movie and the type of game.
>>
>>7473653
>It's easier to make a game on your own than a movie.
nah man
>>
>>7473641
So why is pop culture seemingly so fucking retarded then?
>>7473642
Just to be clear, I don't agree with it. I hope for everyones sake it is wrong.
>>7473651
Not just him saying it. I've heard a lot of people saying this shit or similar. Recently spoke with someone who claimed rap is the most ''advanced'' form of poetry there is. These people exist.
>>
File: tipping-intensifies.gif (141 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
tipping-intensifies.gif
141 KB, 287x344
>>7473492
>>7473507
>>7473511
>>7473552
>I insult music genres on 4chan because it proves how much better I am than the pleb >:^)
>>
>>7473659
>Not necessarily. It depends on the type of movie and the type of game.
Sure, but if you limit to games/movies that someone would want to play/watch I think my statement holds. Tetris is arguably a perfect game, any movie made by just one person is going to pretty niche.
>>
>>7473666
satan.
>>
File: camus.jpg (11 KB, 180x269) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
11 KB, 180x269
>>7473666

Those with bad taste deserve to be insulted.
>>
>>7473666
Yours is the only autistic comment in this thread.
>>
File: 1397847614945.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1397847614945.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>7473673
>>7473675
>>7473678
>>
>>7473665
>So why is pop culture seemingly so fucking retarded then?
When was pop culture smart? Have you heard some of the lyrics to early rocknroll songs? They're maddeningly bad.
>>
>>7473672

And that depends on the someone. I would be more interested in watching a movie made by one guy with a video camera than I would the latest superhero blockbuster, for instance. Even if it was shit, it wouldn't be as rote as film has become.
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (93 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
93 KB, 717x880
>>7473685
Your rap music is bad, your memes are bad and Tumblr is bad. Rap was never good and is never good and if you didn't live in your mom's basement then you would know how you're to be autistic.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.