[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are metamodernism, post-postmodernism et al basically just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: implying pynchon.gif (51 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
implying pynchon.gif
51 KB, 220x330
So are metamodernism, post-postmodernism et al basically just "movements" founded by people desperate to be considered important but without any creativity, hence their extreme sense of self-importance despite relying on trite and anachronistic ideas and lacking anything interesting to say?
>>
>>7471225
Yes.
>>
>>7471225
nice b8 m8
>>
>>7471227
It would be bait if there was anyone here who gave a shit about those, besides Tao
>>
>>7471225
>people desperate to be considered important but without any creativity, hence their extreme sense of self-importance despite relying on trite and anachronistic ideas and lacking anything interesting to say?

See also: OP
>>
>>7471243
It's astounding how little effort you put into that
>>
seems so
>>
>>7471225
metamodernism is Shia-tier bullshittery and post-post modernism is just post-modernists trying to distance themselves from the victim politics of post-modernity because they've grown tired of the trans-feminist, heteronormative post-colonialist resentment bullshit which is currently dominating post-modern discourse right now. They're right to move away from such critical theories, but what they're doing is still within the limits (or lack thereof) of post-modernism
>>
>>7474023
>trans-feminist, heteronormative post-colonialist
on of those words is not like the others
>>
>>7474026
they're all intersectional fields within the wider discourse of critical theory. What are you getting at?
>>
>>7474039
>having this little reading comprehension
>>
>>7474040
>on of those words is not like the others
Yeah, its definitely my shitty reading comprehension and not your vague and misspelt post which could be used to describe every sentence consisting of different words ever written
>>
>>7474054
>which could be used to describe every sentence consisting of different words ever written
GREAT COMEBACK I'M SO BUTTREKT
>>
What does "meta-" even mean anymore?
>>
>>7474109
Higher level
>>
>>7471225
They are founded by critics, not the authors. They try and 'create' something because they have no talent like the writers do, but still want to be remembered in the scheme of literature
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.