[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the new philosophical questions of our time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7
File: kill.png (3 MB, 1581x886) Image search: [Google]
kill.png
3 MB, 1581x886
What are the new philosophical questions of our time?
>>
>>7470911
Is spook-busting itself a spook?
Am I, the Ego, a spook?
>>
>>7470911
Philosophy is an antiquated concept.
>>
How does Strong Bad type with boxing gloves on?
>>
File: 1448698618440.jpg (76 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1448698618440.jpg
76 KB, 500x484
>>7470911
how to I internalize meme's such that I can not only recognize any outward appearance of actual passion will appear as a meme, but discover that the meme of this is in itself a meme and stop being internally and externally coerced into the recognition of the meme narrowly construed.
>>
>>7471014
What did you think piss bottles were for?
>>
>>7470952
>Philosophy is an antiquated concept.

Funnily enough, almost every great philosopher begins with this statement.
>>
Did political correctness go too far?
>>
>>7471188
>Did political correctness go too far?

Political correctness can't go too far.
>>
>>7470911
>of our time?
Philsophic questions are perennial. You must be asking about historical, scientific, or political questions.
>>
Thank god for sickle cell
>>
Why do people think philosophy still has value after Witty
>>
>>7470921
et in spookadia, ego
>>
wew lad
>>
>>7471204
This is political correctness gone too far.
>>
West vs. East ideologies and values.
>>
>>7471275

Because he didn't do shit
>>
>>7471710
capitalism with asian values and so on?
>>
are there any circumstances in which it's okay for a white person to say nigger?
>>
>>7471725
I was thinking more about the refugees and ISIL stuff.
>>
>>7471710

"Asian values" are just authoritarian conservatism

It not even a question
>>
>>7470952
that itself is a philosophy /durr
>>
>>7471188
'political correctness' consists of empathy and respect for other people, if anything it has a long way to go
>>
>>7471770
dude no one wants to know you like watching your wife ride poc cock keep that shit to yourself
>>
>>7471770
Fuck off retard
>>
File: tumblr_nk9bq9AH8l1rdmbxzo1_500.gif (276 KB, 500x299) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk9bq9AH8l1rdmbxzo1_500.gif
276 KB, 500x299
>>7471776
>>7471782
>mfw
>>
>>7471770
Doesn't it worry you that it's used as a tool for censorship?
>>
>>7471014
did you substitute the word meme for gender from some judith butler shit?
>>
>>7470911
is it correct to call the phenomena of hearing human voices in these videos pareidolia if the sound is an imitation of the human voice?

https://vimeo.com/149070596

https://vimeo.com/149079243
>>
>>7471818
no, we will continue to refuse to pity you
NEXT
>>
>>7470921
Lacan answered this; experience of having an ego is a spook.

>>7471014
I think either Hegel or Marx will have something to say on this. It depends on if you consider memes material or ideational. I don't think they would correspond intuitively though, eg if you consider memes to be ideational then Marx is the way to go. Just a hunch though. Freud would probably help too.
>>
>>7471852
Excessive complaining about political correctness is usually done by type of person who is upset that they can't go around yelling "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER".

While you should be able to do this without any legal reprocussions, you probably shouldn't actually do it.
>>
>>7470911
Is gay to fap to traps?
>>
>>7472131
it is degenerate any way you look at it
>>
>>7472152
so is not gay.
>>
>>7472023
it silences anyone contrary to the dominant opinion, self censorship is already entrenched in journalism, academia, and art. it is no different than the old days of obscenity censorship
>>
>>7471739
Legalism v.s. Confucianism.
>>
>>7472200
It's worse to be honest, since obscenity is of less consequence.
>>
Was civilization a mistake?
>>
>>7471733
These near Easteners are going to feel nostalgia for whitey once they learn what Chinese oppression feels like to be honest.
>>
>>7472256
kek. Implying China is not helping Africa with infrastructures instead of the Western IMF loan debt moneyrape scheme.
>>
File: 1450074505938.jpg (11 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
1450074505938.jpg
11 KB, 214x317
>Why
>>
>>7471818
Those bottles are colored
>>
calling a deliberate and insidious effort to control language in order to control opinion mere 'political correctness' is severely underestimating it
>>
>>7471852
no because he's an authoritarian leftist
>>
>>7472367
>implying knowledge system is not thought system
>>
How do you become a qt anime grill?
>>
Should we fuck robots?
Should we fuck nature?
Should we fuck aliens?
Should we fuck each other?
Is it all fucked?
>>
>>7472476
y,n,m,y,y&n
>>
>>7471275
>Witty
Nigga he completely retracted everything about Tractatus himself. His and Russell have basically been forgotten these days, positivism is dead.
>>
>>7470911
Does the new iPhone help you save earth?
>>
>>7472489
that is because old age and the loss of his gay lover made him weak
>>
>>7472152
>Caring about degeneracy

Har har har
>>
>>7471852
No. Subversive thinking and incentives for transgressive behavior should be censored.

The Chinese are doing what needs to be done while most of the West is circlejerking about free speech and civil rights while it cannot even reproduce itself.
>>
Do my new jeans make my butt look big?
>>
>>7471776
Why is it that these so-called anti-PC people are always so fixated on cuckoldry and interracial relationships? All these people bitching about it and yet they write these on-point diatribes and remarks about it.

I don't understand it.
>>
>>7472009
Having never heard either of those songs, I do not hear the voices in the MIDI translations and disagree with your premise
>>
>>7470911
N E W S I N C E R I T Y
>>
>>7472503
Nothing should be censored. Censorship halts natural progress.
>>
should the balance of life on the planet continue to be sacrificed for the sake of business

what is human progress

what is objective truth

what is the philosophical approach to the application of technology in the present time and how does it affect the well being of people

what do identity politics achieve

what is the meaning of technology

what is moral responsibility

what is humanity
why is humanity
where will humanity go

glaring questions that need to be considered. we're already utterly fuckes as a civilization, but every ending is a beginning. the next civilization will exalt its people with questions like these. the seeds of the next round are already sown. enjoy the ride. our people will know true progress once again
>>
>>7472942
>Nothing should be censored. Censorship halts natural progress.
thinking there is progress

>>7472964
>what is objective truth
conventions
>>
>>7472971
Progress is change, hopefully and preferrably towards something that ultimately improves the well being of people.
>>
>>7472973
>hopefully and preferrably towards something that ultimately improves the well being of people.
indeed, hitler was a good guy
>>
>>7472980
I fail to see what you're trying to get at. Is it just a lousy strawman, or is there an actual argument hiding behind your staunch witticicm?
>>
>>7472971
>conventions

i pity you
>>
>>7470911
Is Terrorism a religion?
>>
>>7473027
Is economy a religion?
>>
>>7472964
>no
>a shattered vas
>that which evades the tongue
>heidegger
>nothing
>new ways to be better than others
>guilt
>a generalization
>because humans generalize
>it is unforseeable
>>
will i ever get sweet, sweet dubs?
>>
>>7471275
Did u even read?
>>
>>7471188
>tfw my teacher sent me to the thinking corner because I called "nigger" my black classmate.
Yes.
>>
>>7471204
This is the problem though. The Hegelian God just because it is infinite, can become and know what is finite and thus can be actual. Political Correctness has no breaks in it's own definition, which means it will never be recognized in the slave-master dialectic.
>>
File: 1450278159897.jpg (406 KB, 804x946) Image search: [Google]
1450278159897.jpg
406 KB, 804x946
>>7473063
you mean these
>>
what is it where is it how will it affect me
>>
>>7472964
This reeks of undergrad.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 500x530
Nobody's censoring free speech, you retarded pinheaded wiggers. Standards of courtesy and public conduct are constantly negotiated because "culture" is the dynamic between persons, ie, only extant under some form of social contract. This has been the case since long before the majority of you turd slurping infants were anything more than a twinkle in your father's eyes.

If anything, the discourse is now more free than it ever was. "Social justice warriors" are not responsible for your infantile incapacity to find anyone interesting to converse with or listen to. You live in an era in which literally every opinion can be expressed without punishment or censorship.

Having a general disagreement of opinion with your peer cohort is not "censorship". It's called being fucking unpopular, which you - as the cretinous untermensch - should be fucking familiar with. To claim that your flaccid rhetorical skills and inept interpersonal acumen are a form of censorship by a leftist bogeyman is comedic to the point of farce.

If you're so dreadfully stifled by the norms of your crepuscular zeitgeist then write a god damn manifesto.
>>
>>7473097
awful writing
>>
>>7473097
How much time did you spend writing this?
>>
>>7473108
I like how you don't actually address what he wrote but instead how much he wrote or how long it spent being written, as if either of those things are relevant or you're just trying to shame him into being quiet. It's pretty retarded to go "lol you wasted time over 4chan?" when we're ALL here to waste time. Fucking retard.
>>
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>7473097
>hblbrgl discourse is discursive therefore neo-puritan whingers aren't trying to censor people with newspeak and feelingspolicing njbgfkjbn

cool contribution... NOT!!!
>>
-bridging the gap between psychology and neuroscience

-studying and understanding the use of symbols (ideology, semiotics, memetics)

-human rights
>>
>>7473136
>study memes
i'm all for this
>>
>>7473090
epic fail ..just like your life and....mine
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.