[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Lucia Joyce the most patrician Waifu in literature? Can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 650x488
Is Lucia Joyce the most patrician Waifu in literature? Can't believe Beckett was tapping that.
>>
I wonder if Jimmy J ever got her to fart in his mouth.
>>
>>7469880
Look at that picture. You just know.
>>
>>7469882
hence the eyepatch
>>
i'm almost done with Ulysses and there were like no farts at all, what the fuck is this fake fart advertising
>>
>>7469894
>My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking in and out under your upturned rump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if a gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fat dirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick little merry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fat wives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a bold girl would let off in fun in a school dormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also. You say when I go back you will suck me off and you want me to lick your cunt, you little depraved blackguard. I hope you will surprise me some time when I am asleep dressed, steal over to me with a whore’s glow in your slumberous eyes, gently undo button after button in the fly of my trousers and gently take out your lover’s fat mickey, lap it up in your moist mouth and suck away at it till it gets fatter and stiffer and comes off in your mouth. Sometimes too I shall surprise you asleep, lift up your skirts and open your drawers gently, then lie down gently by you and begin to lick lazily round your bush. You will begin to stir uneasily then I will lick the lips of my darling’s cunt. You will begin to groan and grunt and sigh and fart with lust in your sleep. Then I will lick up faster and faster like a ravenous dog until your cunt is a mass of slime and your body wriggling wildly. Goodnight, my little farting Nora, my dirty little fuckbird! There is one lovely word, darling, you have underlined to make me pull myself off better. Write me more about that and yourself, sweetly, dirtier, dirtier.
>>
>tfw no gf
>>
>>7469900
.....ok
>>
Since this is a Joyce thread:

Am I alone in thinking that Ulysses is Joyce's only good novel?
The Dead excepted, Dubliners and Portrait are not that impressive. I haven't read Finnegans Wake yet.

Nabokov, for example, disliked Portrait and Finnegans Wake, but thought Ulysses was a masterpiece.
>>
>>7469874
is that a woman or a woman's head dressed on a kebab
>>
>>7469874
>>7469880
>>7469882
>lucia joyce, the person beckett was fucking, is jj's daughter
>this is a picture of jj's wife, nora barnacle, whom beckett was not fucking
>>
>>7469894
Did you miss the whole fetish act in Circe or something?
>>
>>7469959

portrait was good i thought, it was a bit of a slog at times but man it's one of those books where my head was whirling when i finished it. i was esthetically arrested
>>
>>7469987
it was nice but i don't recall it having farts, i expected at least a paragraph dedicated to farts
>>
>>7469977
nah its lucia, you pleb
>>
Why isn't there a biopic about Joyce, Beckett, Lucia, and Nora?
>>
>>7469874
Beckett wasn't tapping that. He basically tried to stay away from her after a couple dates because she was into him but also crazy.

He avoided visiting her in the mental hospital too.
>>
Shit lads read this:
>http://www.irishtimes.com/news/the-life-and-loves-of-lucia-1.1134416

It would appear Joyce enjoyed a particularly intimate relationship with his daughter...
Could this be the new fart-sniffing meme.
>>
>>7469874
Beckett NEVER tapped that. Beckett fled Joyce's circles to get AWAY from that.

dude she was full blown schizophrenic

she was Sylvia plath x100
>>
>>7470008
There's a feminist scholar that sort of argued maybe Joyce fucked his daughter, Lucia, and Finnegans Wake is some kind of tribute to that and ties it to King Lear I can't remember the rest.

But Joyce's (great?) nephew who owns his estate I guess got mad as fuck and burned a bunch of correspondence between Lucia and Jamba.
>>
>>7469959
if you don't think everything he did is an 8/10 or higher, you're missing some key elements
>>
File: 12376123.png (120 KB, 344x380) Image search: [Google]
12376123.png
120 KB, 344x380
>>7469973
>>
>>7470001
Not really a paragraph but

>BELLO: Well, I'm not. Wait. (He holds in his breath) Curse it. Here. This bung's about burst. (He uncorks himself behind: then, contorting his features, farts loudly) Take that!

Also, there's farting at the very end of Sirens.
>>
>>7470013
This.

But god damn does Joyce look like a rad mother fucker with that eye patch, like a god damn post-apoctalyptic badass.
>>
>>7469874
>patrician Waifu
shaking my head
>>7470013
>she was Sylvia plath x100
>implying this is a negative thing
>>7470017
>and burned a bunch of correspondence between Lucia and Jamba
Cause that's not suspicious.
>>
File: 286365.jpg (20 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
286365.jpg
20 KB, 350x200
>>7470056
>post-apoctalyptic badass
>>
>>7469900
Our generation of writers' equivalent to this will be nude snapchat selfies that will get posted on /lit/ constantly
>>
>>7470056
>post-apoctalyptic badass.
More like Big Boss. We need a 'Punished Jim' pic.
>>
>>7470083
Our equivalent of that is the little baby tampon screen cap.
>>
>>7470103
>tfw you will never watch Katie's booktuber vids while quietly, privately masturbating because some autists had to ruin it for all of us.
>>
>>7469959
>Nabokov, for example, disliked Portrait and Finnegans Wake, but thought Ulysses was a masterpiece
Maybe you should form your own opinions about books senpai
Portrait is amazing
>>
>died 1982
do you think she ever read her father's letters to Nora?
>>
>>7470146
I was underwhelmed by Portrait before I knew that Nabokov disliked it, though that probably solidified my opinion.

I don't dislike it myself, I just think it's quite overrated. I think Dubliners and Portrait are sort of juvenile compared to Ulysses.
>>
>>7470180
I kind of agree with Dubliners but Portrait is definitely not "juvenile" compared to Ulysses
If anything it's Ulysses-lite
>>
>>7470013
>dude she was full blown schizophrenic

This

Imagine having daddy issues only your daddy is Joyce. Who the hell is going to fulfil your need for transcendental genius dick?

From the wiki: the underlying reasons for the rejection were Beckett's keen awareness of the "strong unfulfilled erotic bond between Lucia and her father" and her need to find "a genius father-substitute"
>>
>>7470187
Juvenile is probably the wrong word.
I remember reading a quote about Dubliners and Portrait compared to Ulysses that sums up what I mean:

>The streets that are full of darkness in Dubliners and APortrait of The Artist as A Young Man are filled with promise in Ulysses.

Ulysses is such a perfect encapsulation of Dublin as a city and Joyce as a writer that I'm not as keen on the first two, since they don't do the man or the city justice.

I'm looking forward to Finnegans Wake in a sort of masochistic way. I've read bits of it that don't seem too bad.
>>
>>7470228
Portrait would be impressive by any other author who hadn't wrote Ulysses, but since Ulysses is one of the greatest books ever written, it makes Portrait seem worse, but I thought portrait was a masterpiece in its own right.

...lotta Joyce talk on lit lately, actual discussion too instead of just title-dropping and unfounded criticism. did /his/ really filter out all the plebs?
>>
>>7469935
hello newfriend
>>
>>7470098
>you will never serve as a nationless mercenary under Punished "Venom" Jim
Feels bad family
>>
She's been my profile picture on several sites. I love this photo
>>
>>7470303
Are you a grill?
I've been using DFW's old old pic like this. It's so superior to everything else, actually.
>>
>>7470309
Lmao no. I just enjoy the elusiveness that she exhudes in this photo. Or anything about her really.
>>
>>7470321
It's a great photo indeed.
>>
I found a nice copy of Uylesses cheap recently and read the first 50 odd pages and like it.
Should I have read his other works first? I have read a lot of Shakespeare which helps with some references.
Just want to get the most out of it.
>>
>>7470332
>Uylesses
>>
>>7470332
Portraits a good precursor since it introduces stephen but its not necessary
>>
>>7469894
There actually are a good few farts in Ulysses
>>
>>7469894
End of Sirens is like all farting my nigga
>>
>>7470013
She didn't start showing signs of schiz until she had already been dating Beckett a year. He DEFINITELY tapped that.
>>
>>7470207
>From the wiki: the underlying reasons for the rejection were Beckett's keen awareness of the "strong unfulfilled erotic bond between Lucia and her father" and her need to find "a genius father-substitute"

That's the speculation of one biographer, i.e. very far from the truth.

You can tell a biographer is shit when they start thinking they're Freud.
>>
>>7470098
>You talk to me of gene, meme, scene. I shall try to fly by those nets.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.