[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone like Pynchon and Delillo and Gaddis in other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image1.jpg (35 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
35 KB, 350x200
Is there anyone like Pynchon and Delillo and Gaddis in other languages? I know of Bolano in Spanish but that's it.
>>
cortazar a bit.
>>
>>7469644
Sort of.

But is there no crazy system novel like Pynchon and Delillo from Germany or Russia or Asia?
>>
Márquez?
>>
Arno Scmidt?
>>
>>7469652
well not really

there's craziER stuff, like Schmidt or Bely.
>>
>>7469737
>>7469741
I always thought Arno Schmidt was more like Joyce.
>>
>>7469752
that's why I said not really

try louis aragon maybe, but it' really an specifically american kind of thing
>>
>>7469642
>Borges
>Marquez, to some degree
>Arno Schmidt
>>
>>7469741
These plus Pelevin
>>
>>7469642
Thomas Bernhard?
>>
I would say Tom McCarthy (at least for C) little bit; and I know, he's from UK, so does not count that much.

Jean-Marie Blas de Roblès, look for the Where Tigers Are at Home, don't know about his other books.
>>
Ernesto Sabato and his On Heroes and Tombs, it's different of course, but it's big book about lot of things.
>>
What about Sorokin? I haven't read him, but read a lot about some of his books (Day of the Oprichnik and mostly Telluria) and it would somewhat fit.

Also: in a way, Hans Henny Jahnn; maybe Harry Mulisch and his The discovery of heaven; maybe Günter Grass and his The tin drum; also heard great things about Albert Vigoleis Thelen and his The Island of Second Sight.
>>
For the encyclopedic knowledge and the wideness of topics in books I would say even Sebald and Claudio Magris.

Another name that occurs to me is Péter Esterházy, especially his Celestial Harmonies.
>>
>>7469827
Ice Trilogy is what you want from Sorokin senpai. It's good read it.
>>
>>7469642
can you be more precise?
>>
>>7469858
Crazy style-pushing novelists who write about post-1950s culture in a prescient manner.
>>
>>7469741
Bely is top-tier crazy
>>
>>7470302
hmm...I have Petersburg.
>>
>>7470302
Is Elsworth the best translation?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.