[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Specific Philosophy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
I'm looking for philosophic literature that ponders Solipsism, the fact you can only know your mind is real, and nothing else.
>>
descartes, from a very reductionist reading.

the mind's i for accessible philosophy of mind.

not many people write about solipsism specifically because it's an useless thought experiment but a lot of stuff in what i mentioned is relevant.
>>
>>7468525
I'll check it out.
Who are some philosophers who write on the topic of psychedelia, but not on a spiritual level? Who wrote about the failure of man? I'm looking for thing written by intelligent men who saw the "darkness" (the tragedy of life) and were consumed by madness or saw through it and rose above.
Not trying to be edgy, I'm just interested in the pits of man.
>>
>>7468550
>Who wrote about the failure of man

camus nietzsche and emil cioran

>Who are some philosophers who write on the topic of psychedelia

no one relevant afaik
>>
>>7468555
Ernst Junger and Huxley both wrote on the topic of psychedelia

Both of them are releveant desu
>>
>>7468555
Thank you for the recommendations. Surely there has to be at least one prominent figure who found some cubensis mushrooms or a Colorado river toad and decided to delve into those thoughts using a written medium?
>>
>>7468565
they aren't. we're talking about philosophers, not minor writers.
>>
>>7468568
Yea, but none of them are worthy of being called a philosopher
>>
>>7468550
Read Principia Discordia
>>
File: 1446590865310.jpg (7 KB, 153x179) Image search: [Google]
1446590865310.jpg
7 KB, 153x179
>>7468569
>>7468572
>>
>>7468572
Brings me to another one, philosophy that regards the despair and hopelessness of being an individual against the masses? A witch versus a abrahamic town.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.