[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I get too stoned and can no longer reads Does your habitual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 750x541) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 750x541
>tfw I get too stoned and can no longer reads

Does your habitual drug use hinder you with your reading, senpai?
>>
I don't do drugs because I care about myself
>>
>>7467959
>cares about himself
>browses the literature section of this Thai ladyboi online emporium

Pick one.
>>
>implying i have any connection to obtain drugs
>>
>>7467978
Dark net markets
>>
>>7467978
Raid your mom's medicine cabinet, you basement-dwelling pleb
>>
>>7467954
bro im been so stoned i havent even registered for spring classes yet fick man lol
>>
>>7468007
Don't forget to matriculate into EN101-Punctuation and Shift Keys in Post-Postmodern Online Correspondence
>>
no, reading on opiates is great.
>>
>>7468044
Notice how people ignored you for being such a tremendous faggot.
>>
>>7468055
>being responded to after 3.5 minutes
>in such a flustered manner
>ignored
Look at your dubs though
>>
amphetamines for reading, weed for thinking about it afterwards while walking through the woods
>>
>take adderall for increased focus while reading
>instead get burst of high energy and listen to Metallica while jacking off for hours
>try to go read but find myself too concentrated on whatever bullshit task I'm currently doing; the prospect of changing tasks seems monumental

>be me
>smoke a little, decide to read
>get so confused I give up and fall asleep

>drink a little, decide to read
>it's alright, a little boring though
>major themes fly right over my head, memory fails me in the future

>take microdose of LSD to help creative reading/writing
>type florid nonsense and get distracted by the way the letters are breathing

>take hydro/oxycodone to write a paper
>British writers went to opium houses all the time, this isn't any different, lmao
>fuck it, this paper is bullshit, I'm gonna go watch a movie and massage my scalp

>be me, 3 hours ago
>take adderall for large reading assignment in dry econ textbook
>I have read four pages, and have constantly been obsessing over the music I'm playing
>I have jacked off twice
>I have gotten into a lengthy argument with my girlfriend over text about gender roles
>fast forward a little
>writing this very post

fuck drugs, fuck adhd, etc
>>
>>7467954
>not smoking a blunt while reading schopenhauer
>not mainlining pure based philosophy into your veins in an altered state of consciousness
>not experiencing existential truth sober and high
>sober to get the gist of the details, high to actually feel it in your bones

sure is reddit in here
>>
>tfw too poor and too much of a loser to know anyone who deals
>>
I'm trying to cut down drinking lad, it puts me a bit ON EDGE TO BE HONEST.

Never had trouble reading on less than twelve drinks though.
>>
>>7467954
Depends on the book. Phalaniuk et al are fine. Pynchon etc I drift off on tangential ideas too much. Dickens and so on are too dry to maintain interest.

Basically I can only read entry level trash while high.
>>
>>7468134
so you pynchon should be fine
>>
>>7468158
Pynchon is fine, but it takes about an hour to read two chapters. I'm reading Bleeding Edge at the moment and yesterday I spent half an hour thinking about hiding a coded book in "The Deepweb" before coming across a line in the book that said "It's all part of the experience, getting constructively lost." and having my mind blown open.
>>
Getting involved in drugs gave me enough life experience to be able to actually take anything from literature. I never feel like reading while on weed, physically impossible to read while on dissociatives. Reading on opiates is great though.

On a side note, does anyone else use opiates to do boring errands? Like usually I wouldn't feel like it but while on opiates I know I'll be happy no matter what so I'm able to get things out of the way.
>>
>>7467954
I don't think so, reading on xanax if the comfiest thing I get to do.
>>
>>7468079
It's your preexisting pathological laziness m8, not the adderall
>>
File: Salvador_Dalí_1939.jpg (1 MB, 2885x3706) Image search: [Google]
Salvador_Dalí_1939.jpg
1 MB, 2885x3706
Drugs are to the mind as
Steroids are to muscles.
They are lazy.
>>
>>7468049
My man
>>
>>7468892
Because earthshattering spiritual revelations otherwise impossible to achieve are equivalent to being a roid monkey, sure, okay, whatever, call the cops on me mom
>>
>>7468079
Damn I fucking love stimulants and jacking off on stimulants. I'd be studying and pulling all nighters, decide to wank and end up taking at least 2 hours.
>>
>>7468894
>earthshattering
>spiritual
>muh weed
>>
>>7468894
Because iron pumping raw power and reaching the peak of human physical perfection is comparable to being a pseudo-intellectual stoner hippie faggot junkie, yeah sure, whatever mom, call the cops
>>
>>7467954
That's why I don't smoke anymore, desu.
>>
>>7468901
I don't think he's talmbout 420 desu senpai
>>
>>7467954
I read Lolita while drunk

it amuses me how a literary work of this caliber centers itself over a fucked up car trip
>>
My drinking makes it difficult to do anything aside from shitposting on 4chan and watching anime.
>>
>>7468134
What's the gif from?
>>
>>7469040
I finished Lolita yesterday. I was expecting some kind of erotic novel, but was surprised when I actually so such a nice exploration of American culture. It felt like watching some series of movies from the 50's and I saw Nabokov really managed to bring his times to life. The sexual part was the least interesting part for me. Charlotte, the Quilty scenes, and the scene in which he sees Dolores for the last time were probably my favorite ones. There is much to be said about the moral and sexual aspects of the book, but I much more enjoyed the geographic and picturesque aspects of it.
>>
>>7467954
not if you get stoned all day every day and find yourself at home in it
>>
DUUUUUDE

WEEEEED

LMAMAMAMOOOO
>>
>>7470173
xD
>>
>>7467954
No, I'm an adult, don't hate myself and don't want to distort this beautiful world God gave us or to close my heart.
>>
>>7468055
I chuckled at it??? So not everybody lol???
>>
>>7468892
Any enlightenment you achieve on psychedelics is never close enough or simply false desu.
>>
Fatherdubs meme
>>
File: pakis.jpg (277 KB, 720x440) Image search: [Google]
pakis.jpg
277 KB, 720x440
>>7467954
>>tfw I get too stoned and can no longer reads
the patriarchy strikes again
>>
>>7469699
Cruel Intentions.
>>
>>7468079
>instead get burst of high energy and listen to Metallica while jacking off for hours

This same thing happened to me. I told myself that it was time to study hard, using weed to frequently meant that I wasn't doing my studying. Instead I listened to Metallica and started talking on an IRC channel.

Adderall, not even once.
>>
File: a82.jpg (329 KB, 1022x1433) Image search: [Google]
a82.jpg
329 KB, 1022x1433
>>7468901
>he's never smoked skunk
>>
>>7472632
DUDE
WEED LMFAO
>>
>>7472706
Thanks Quentin.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.