[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best work to get introduced Haruki Murakami's stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (326 KB, 1365x1368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
326 KB, 1365x1368
What is the best work to get introduced Haruki Murakami's stuff?
>>
After Dark if you want to read something short and sweet, a taster for the meatier novels he's written.

Norwegian Wood, in my opinion his best work, isn't filled to the brim with the absurd and is probably the best start.
>>
Sputnik Sweetheart if you want Murakami experience but don't wanna commit to doorstopper.

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle is both one of its best and good intro. Kafka on the Shore is alright alternative.

Norwegian Wood is good read but it lacks all the surreal stuff he is known for but yeah somehow it's a really good starter. It's the book that made him famous after all.

Hardboiled Wonderland is again pretty different since it has almost noir/sci-fi/horror elements but it's without a doubt in his top 3. (With Wind-up and Dance Dance Dance)
>>
dumpster diving for dummies
>>
>>7466913
He has been known to frequent some places in Akiba, so maybe working as a waitr"ess" there.
>>
>>7467004
this
>>
>>7466913
If you enjoy "serious lit" dont even bother, I only read Norwegian wood , but it was fucking terrible
>>
>>7467107
can you be any more pseud?
>>
>>7466913
fuck of plen, sage
sage
>>7467119
?
>>
perhaps visit a middle school playground?
>>
>>7467107
Haha just start with the Greeks man xD

Does anyone else feels super intelligent after reading Infinite Jest? lol!
>>
Im lovin the memes guys real talk doe /lit/
>>
>>7467834
>he thinks we're memeing

top kek senpai
>>
Norwegian wood for something more realistic.

Kafka on the shore for surrealistic.
>>
File: 1423420822001.png (648 KB, 805x723) Image search: [Google]
1423420822001.png
648 KB, 805x723
Which Murakami novel is the most like Mawaru Penguindrum?
>>
>>7467764

Irony has to be subtle, you know. Otherwise it wont fuck people up.

I'm reading Infinite Jest right now. I do feel clever and well-read for getting the Hamlet references. This is immediately superseded by a feeling of disgust for feeling clever.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.