[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>consider myself a short story writer if anything >never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1447820399815.jpg (54 KB, 405x470) Image search: [Google]
1447820399815.jpg
54 KB, 405x470
>consider myself a short story writer if anything
>never satisfied with my works, rarely finish them
>decide to start writing poetry
>crank out one a night
>mfw they're shit
>mfw it's fun as hell anyway
>>
You go, anon!

This was a sincere post.

Also post some of your shitty poetry.
>>
I know that feel. Though I tend to crank out several at once and not even review them.
>>
Well let's see some!
>>
>spend months writing and revising a short story, consider it my best work
>send it out to several lit mags, all reject it
>meanwhile a story I wrote in two hours and spent only a few minutes revising gets picked up on the second try
>it's mediocre and I'd much rather have the other one be my first publication
I don't know how to feel.
>>
>>7465255
What lit mags?
>>
>be walking a round my daily life
>visions of stunning prose and poetry flow through my head
>countless ideas for novels stem from my daydreams
>go home and write them out
>unhappy with execution and so bin them

I want off of this ride. Some day I will be satisfied with my work.
>>
>>7465164
Sounds like you're winning, OP.
>>
>>7466624
Jersey Devil Press
>>
I like writing poetry to short stories. But I like reading novels to both.
>>
>>7465164
I know that feel OP
>torture myself writing long-thought stories
>it's mostly shit
>one day I give in and I try to write really fast without thinking about anything to easily emulate stream of consciousness
>it's still shit but it was fun as hell
>>
>>7465255
Shit, this is how my first publication went too. I had one that I thought was actually good, and another I pared down from a chapter of my novel just to fit the length guidelines of a few places.

The hacked-up novel fragment got published and the coherent short story I slaved over has yet to find a taker.
>>
>http://thegrinder.diabolicalplots.com/

Just wanna share with you guys a cool resource for when you're looking for places to publish your stuff. Of course, duotrope would be better, but it's not a free service anymore.
>>
>>7465164
Fuck yeah. I write poetry I don't like either. I also record music that I don't like and that's also fun.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.