[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do i go now that i'm done with the Greeks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Chart5.jpg (1 MB, 3672x3024) Image search: [Google]
Chart5.jpg
1 MB, 3672x3024
Where do i go now that i'm done with the Greeks?
>>
>>7461707
https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
>>
>>7461710
i would like more fiction suggestions
>>
>>7461732
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_fiction
>>
File: Contemporary_novellas.jpg (3 MB, 3000x3312) Image search: [Google]
Contemporary_novellas.jpg
3 MB, 3000x3312
Start with the Charts
>>
recommence with the romans
>>
>>7461732
read the sticky
>>
continue with the Chinese
>>
>>7461886
well where do i begin with the chinese
>>
are we talking literature or philosophy? it matters

>>7461755
pleb detected
>>
>>7461707
Memes aside, just go chronologically. I recommend Confucius, Marcus Aurelius, Chretien de Troyes, Apuleius, Thomas Malory and Cervantes.
>>
when do i get to the first memes like kant and hegel?
>>
>>7462381
Depends on how hard you wanna go in. For Hegel you'll want to read Plotinus, Heraclitus, Hermes Trismigistus, Kant, and Thucydides.
>>
>>7462381
if you just finished the greeks and want to get to kant and hegel, just do a survey of the scholastics (aquinas and people) then hume then kant
>>
>>7462312
Ovid and Vergil, dude.
>>
>>7462879
the only thing of value the romans did was the metamorphoses, and it's in latin so it's not even that good
>>
You've read every single work by Plato and Aristotle?
>>
File: 1422699773163.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1422699773163.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
advance with the assyrians
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.