[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laurie penny has a frist in english for the uni of oxford after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
Laurie penny has a frist in english for the uni of oxford after a thesis that involved talking about the profoundness of her periods.

Mattress girl has a degree from Columbia, ivy league, exclusive adn expensive as shit.

ITT you either explain why you're dumber than them, or you admit that all arts and humanities academia is shit.
>>
>>7461160
I'll explain why you are dumber than them.

At least they had the ability to type properly and not to make overly logically fallacious arguments as you did.
>>
>>7461160
the after pic should be a rotten corpse desu
>>
BTFO
>>
My ex-bird has a Phd in English via the 'otherness' of dogs. Yes, bullshit but that bitch could post-structuralist your fucking head off its shoulders until you prayed for death.

She could also produce 100,000 words and footnotes without a mistake, you couldn't manage three lines.
>>
>>7461174
With powder coming from the nose, syringe in arm and fluid from the ass.
>>
>>7461178
New Caledonian crow, I presume?
>>
>>7461178

>produce... words

Only in our era of Education worship, could this be a boast.
>>
>>7461160
>a thesis that involved talking about the profoundness of her periods.

and why not?
>>
File: image.png (49 KB, 307x566) Image search: [Google]
image.png
49 KB, 307x566
>>
Most of the work done in academia is utter bullshit. The humanities suffer more from that due to its more "open" nature.
>>
File: pc.png (766 KB, 600x2644) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
766 KB, 600x2644
>>7461208
Do they honestly expect shitposting on tumblr to change anything?
>>
>>7461215
you really know nothing and you don't read enough
>>
>>7461245
reprimanding people who act like children works. Especially in academic and professional contexts

Although cultural changes are built slowly and spread through a shared belief in basic respect. You've got to start with people's initial grievances, always
>>
>>7461211
I know right.

I am so glad the patriarchy is going so now demisexual non-binary B-genders get to be what they always were!
>>
>>7461275
>I am so glad the patriarchy is going so now demisexual non-binary B-genders get to be what they always were!

Is this supposed to be a parody? Because there's literally nothing wrong with that at all. (Except that it upsets you)
>>
>>7461275
I don't understand what you're trying to say.
>>
>>7461281
I know it's not like it's a sign of cultural decline or anything like that. This is definitely how humanity is actually like in it's natural and free state - blue haired xirs with plastic dicks and daily hormone pills. There's no higher order to anything and this is definitely looked at as wrong because of arbitrary prejudices.
>>
>>7461307
Maybe that's how a portion of humanity is in its "natural and free state".
>>
>>7461307
'cultural decline' is the laziest measure of anything

it's literally 'STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE' - political version. Vague and meaningless.

>This is definitely how humanity is actually like in it's natural and free state

If your imagined free-state involves some sort of repression of gender-play or gender fluidity or any of the funny genders people feel that they want to express - then it isn't a free state.
>>
>>7461330
Yeah no such thing as human nature exists, everyone is completely unique! Thousands of years of different cultures and civilisations all across the globe built up spiritual beliefs and societal structures just to oppress people and because they weren't enlightnend like us. It's good we now live in the only period of human history where people weren't brainwashed despite having far more infomation everywhere around them, and the vast majority of people being completely pathetic and miserable. All you need to do to understand the world is deconstruct all established identities and structures, forget improving the human condition, just do this and then everyone will just be themselves!
>>
>>7461352
I don't care for this dumb conversation but cultural decline is very much real
>>
>>7461371
What are you talking about?

If gender is biologically derived, then perhaps there will be some people with different, albeit strange, genders that weren't expressed historically because of social stigma.
>>
>>7461377
Read more you fucking dunce
>>
>>7461379
Gender is a completely worthless concept. Only sex exists and you are your sex.
>>
>>7461377
>but cultural decline is very much real
People used to burn bags of cats for entertainment. In France.
>>
>>7461371
I noticed you only type sarcastic shit so you don't actually have to make any arguments.

If your only argument is 'muh cultural decline' then you haven't thought out your position properly
>>
>>7461388
Why do you say that?

Can't people be born with biological defects that change their behavior from the norm? Can't they have different levels of a certain hormone or neurotransmitter during development that will change some aspects of behavior? Can't they have some neuroepigenetic or neurogentic factors differing from the norm that change behavior? Can't these behavioral differences result in "blue-haired xirs"?
>>
>>7461394
people used to read too
>>
>>7461388
So how can one man be more manly than another? Can you not have a 'butch' lesbian? A camp man?

You use concepts of gender to understand the world - that is unavoidable. Gender is always going to be used as a concept alongside sex.

I thought it was your sort of person who was most quick to declare that someone isn't a 'real man' because they wear make-up or whatever. You say you don't consider gender a real thing, but it's central to your understanding of society.
>>
It's a joke, original poster, right? I mean, you didn't fall for the academia bait, did you?
>>
>>7461388
Here are some studies
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v427/n6973/full/427390a.html
http://sindromebenjamin.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/brainsex1.pdf
https://pure.knaw.nl/portal/files/515234/15106_285_swaab.pdf
>>
>>7461245
I fucking like this troll.
>>
>>7461190
It's really more a simulacrum of machine worship that has been oviposited into academia by action of the collective unconscious' overcompensatory ego-drive.

wana see my footnotes
>>
>>7461270
>reprimanding people who act like children works. Especially in academic and professional contexts
proof? studies? meta-reviews?

i don't believe
>>
>>7461379
>people with different, albeit strange, genders that weren't expressed historically because of social stigma.

you mean people with congenital defects, who in ancient times were left out as food for wolves
>>
>>7461435
Would you like for this to be implemented nowadays?

Do you support genetic testing on fetuses and infants and then murdering those that aren't "normal" enough for you?
>>
>>7461397
Liberalism seeks to "liberate" individuals from all outside forces, when these forces often orientate the self in a way that is better for the human condition, now that there is nothing people's natural herd mentality means money the centralising force through which society and the self is directed. All these expressions of "individuality" are just evidence of humanity being in a pathetic and degraded state.

The abyss that Nietzche spoke about is very real.
>>
>>7461441
what day is it, monday? yea sure
>>
>>7461441
wait are you saying that abortion is murder
>>
>>7461270
Isn't magical essentialism (tranny ideology) pretty childish in itself?
>>
>>7461447
Yes. I don't support abortion save in certain contexts.

>>7461445
I'm pretty sure murdering infants, forcing genetic testing to be done on all citizens, and having some authoritarian body determine what's "normal" is more "culturally degenerate" than allowing a few people to express strange behaviors.
>>
>>7461443
>All these expressions of "individuality" are just evidence of humanity being in a pathetic and degraded state.

Unlike yours, I suppose - which I assume is perfectly virtuous

/lit/'s critical faculties are in overdrive today, wow
>>
>>7461453
you're right, genetic testing is too much. It should be eyeballed. if the baby looks weird to 2/3 people it should be turned into fertilizer.

less degenerate than allowing parasitic walking piles of genetic trash to drain the life out of productive citizens
>>
>>7461410
It exists in language. Language doesn't define reality. Masculinity and femininity can't be defined fully into a singular communicable way, ie through language, they can only be FELT as forces that act upon you. The essential difference between men and women isn't compromised by the fact someone might use the word "manly". Some differences between men and women are arbitrarily defined by society (eg, men not wearing skirts, pink being feminine) but that didn't mean there isn't an essential difference and transcendent logic to things that our monkey noises can't express fully. We are not gods.

People don't understand this are so cut off from themselves and soulless they can't even comprehend anything that can't be "logically" absorbed, even the most basic things that have defined how humanity has interacted and understood themselves in every civilisation since the dawn of time. The walking fucking dead.
>>
>>7461499
Who will select those people to judge the infant? How many? How are you going to make sure they don't make an emotionally-derived judgment? And there are several genetically-derived illnesses and behaviors that are only expressed in adulthood or after a few years of development so "eyeballing" at birth wouldn't catch all this "genetic trash".

How are "blue-haired xirs" "draining the life out of productive citizens"?
>>
>responding to /pol/
>current year
>>
>>7461503
And now some of these arbitrary distinctions are being dropped to allow more freedom in expression.

Also >>7461419
>>
>>7461499
this is youtube comment-tier edginess
>>
>>7461509
>Who will select those people to judge the infant?
whoever's around
>How many?
well at least three
>How are you going to make sure they don't make an emotionally-derived judgment?
All decisions are emotionally derived. Am i to speak with one who can't say what he means? Should I pretend you asked what you meant to ask instead of what you actually asked, and answer that in a show of charity and good faith? nah i think i wont.
>And there are several genetically-derived illnesses and behaviors that are only expressed in adulthood or after a few years of development so "eyeballing" at birth wouldn't catch all this "genetic trash".
Well if it's that bad it shouldn't be too hard to spot, and we can always effect an extremely late term abortion.
>How are "blue-haired xirs" "draining the life out of productive citizens"?
you think you're talking to one guy, but you're not. only half of that was stuff I said. I'm mostly talking about people with deformities so severe they will never be able to work a job which produces more value than they consume by existing. people who are burdens on everyone.
i guess if 2/3 around a birth decide that a blue haired zir is degenerate enough to warrant death then that's that, isn't it. even if i disagree who am i to flaunt the system. system's foolproof innit.
>>
>>7461533
>will never be able to work a job which produces more value than they consume by existing. people who are burdens on everyone.

Death to pensioners!
>>
File: sanic heroes.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sanic heroes.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
>>7461499
>be me doctor
>see baby with nose that's a bit too flat
>get two homeless guys to tell me if they like how the baby looks
>both say no
>3/3
>take baby to wood-chipper
>starts crying
>pssh, nothing personnel kid
>>
>>7461533
What's the point of a society that tries to be 'productive' and kills anyone who isn't?

Surely the point of us being productive is that we can support ourselves and not die. Killing people for not being vaguely 'productive' contradicts the entire enterprise of society.

There's no end-game high-score, we don't have to build big monuments and try and make the most efficient society for some bigger cause - the only important things are people
>>
>>7461533
>whoever's around
So two homeless guys then. :^)
>well at least three
Nice sample size. I know that you're a stats major for sure.
>all decisions are emotionally-derived
lol
>if it's that bad it shouldn't be too hard to spot
Without genetic testing, we won't be able to find all "genetic trash". For example, there's Huntington's Disease.
>>
>>7461533
>All decisions are emotionally derived
So if you select three racists, they'll kill all non-white people, even those who would do well in academia. If you select three motherly-type people, they'll allow even down syndrome children to "get through". Where do you draw the line?

And who does the killing?
>>
>>7461533
Congrats. You might be the edgiest person ever to have posted on /lit/.
>>
>>7461528
>>7461536
>>7461538
>>7461541
>>7461550
>>7461555
>>7461561
i was just joking around but you fucks are too stupid to realize that
>>
>>7461589
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>7461589
>hurr durr I was just pretending :D
>you fell for my master ruse xD
>>
>>7461591
>>7461596
samefag
>>
>>7461599
Really?
>>
>>7461599
Two people possibly disagreeing with me? Perish the thought!
>>
i want to shit, write something profound on the wall in my shit, then eat my shit and die from hepatitis, and then posthumously receive a degree from harvard because what i wrote in my shit was so profound that they felt compelled to.

now i only need to determine what to write
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.