[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poetic ideas for custom rifle engravings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: 20gfq5i.jpg (51 KB, 639x428) Image search: [Google]
20gfq5i.jpg
51 KB, 639x428
I want to add some spiritual significance to a future rifle build I'm working on with the AR 15 platform. Maybe a custom Pistol job. I plan on naming the rifle Asrael after the Hebrew archangel of death and the goatboy from Undertale.

So far I want to write Freidrick Nietszche's quote on monsters written on one side of the receiver. A reminder that when it is brought into service it doesn't have to kill to achieve its goals. To remind the user christian love of thy enemies.

>All I've got so far is Friedrick Nietzche quote on becoming a monsters and the abyss
>Pulp Fiction's Ezekiel 25 17?
>Ron Paul: Christian Just War Theory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dyyd4rcuZc
(forgive the /pol/isms)
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
1/?
>>
>>7460760
"I am become death"
kek
>>
>>7460760
you're a fucking psychopath
>>
>>7460760
"Live by the sword, die by the sword."
>>
>>7460840
"Live by the sword, die by the superior weapon."
>>
>>7460760
You post ideas of "Christian love" and "Christian Just War Theory" (kek) next to quotes by Nietzsche.. like have you even thought about life like EVEN A LITTLE? If this is bait then 10/10 m9
>>
>>7460760
>I plan on naming the rifle Asrael after the Hebrew archangel of death and the goatboy from Undertale
It's also the name of the cat in the Smurfs, you should know that
>>
Guns are kind of gross and sad. I can understand owning one if you're in a dangerous place, but getting a custom engraving on it like it's a totem or something? Trashy and a sign of immaturity.
>>
>posting on /lit/
>how do i books?
>>
>>7460870
How's first year liberal arts treating you? Did Professor Shekelstein teach you about how race is a social concept yet?
>>
>>7460870
>>7460884
You two are as bad as eachother.
>>
>>7460884
Do you actually believe it's not possible to find weapons-as-a-hobby edgy and tasteless without being a brainwashed granola-muncher?

I've been around guns- my mother was shot once (not badly.) I'm coming from a considered place here. Guns are for killing people. Regrettably that's sometimes the only choice. But they're not fun toys to put le ebin badass quotes on, they're serious and kind of repulsive.
>>
>>7460887
The important thing is you found a way to feel superior to both.
>>
>>7460923
Don't condescend me bub. I'm deadly serious.
>>
File: 1449994655310.png (68 KB, 610x3539) Image search: [Google]
1449994655310.png
68 KB, 610x3539
>>7460920
>I've been around guns- my mother was shot once (not badly.) I'm coming from a considered place here. Guns are for killing people. Regrettably that's sometimes the only choice. But they're not fun toys to put le ebin badass quotes on, they're serious and kind of repulsive.

That's why I'm trying to engrave it. Guns are for killing people and it's a fact of life that those who don't want to be bullied by others need to own one. I see it as how ancient warriors cultures used to decorate their ancestral swords and armor and hang it before their family gods. I'm not going to deny the white trash element who design tacky zombie crap with overused right winged Alex Jones sayings. Nor is it the fucking mall ninja looking for edgy ways to be cool.

It's art on a practical tool that destroys saying it is designed to destroy people, but that it's needed and it's doesn't have to unleash lethal force to be effective.

I explained my rationale in this thread. That it is serious, and perhaps deserve artistic attention before the choice is made so they don't have to be used.

>>>/k/28198760
>>
>>7460974
>I explained my rationale in this thread. That it is serious, and perhaps deserve artistic attention before the choice is made so they don't have to be used.
Consider that if the weapon is ever used by a civilian for self defense, it will then likely be confiscated as evidence and whatever you put on the weapon might easily be misinterpreted.
>>
File: 1446848776181.png (436 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
1446848776181.png
436 KB, 800x500
choose something from this
>>
"I AM THE EVERLAUGHING"

whitman
>>
>>7461337
This. Don't do anything edgy of it's gonna look real bad if you ever go to court for shooting someone.

>>7460920
The thing is, if you live in a place where it makes sense to own a gun, then you should practice with your gun/s, which is pretty fun and leads to shooting more for fun. It's like the difference between working out to improve, and working out "just for my health, no goals or nothing bro." If you don't make it enjoyable, it becomes a chore, and who has time for that?
>>
>>7460845
clap/10
>>
>>7460760

"Et in Arcadia ego"
>>
>>7461346
\m/
>>
>>7460760
Unless you hunt or live in a really dangerous area, there is literally no reason to own a gun.
>>
>>7461449
what about fun
>>
File: 37-Shaker-Aamer-AP.jpg (151 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
37-Shaker-Aamer-AP.jpg
151 KB, 1368x1026
>>7460760
stolen for /k/ pasta
>>
>>7461449
>>7460920
>>7460870
>>7460832
Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>7460884
>How's first year /pol/ treating you? Did Professor Stormstein teach you about how race is a primary essential yet?
>>
why the fuck would anyone in western society own a gun they serve no function at all and exist only to tell the world how much of an edgy redneck/school shooter you are
>>
>>7460760
Fuck that's edgy.
And a terrible idea.

If you must get something, just pick a poem you like.

And fucking change that name, you autist. People WILL make fun of you, potentially to your face, at the range.

Please don't tell me you own a fedora and trenchcoat. Edgy teenagers are the only people who could possibly think Asrael is a good name.

Whatever you do, make sure that you make a thread complaining about normies (REEEEE) after you bring it to the range and are made fun of for it.

Like I don't know if I can stress how autistic this is.
>>
>>7461451
That reduces it to nothing more than a toy, a play-thing for children.
>>
>>7461477
>Whatever you do, make sure that you make a thread complaining about normies (REEEEE) after you bring it to the range and are made fun of for it

implying he's not going to shoot up a small town when that happens
>>
>>7461473
imagine being the sort of person who takes pride in the fact that they aren't allowed to do something
>>
>>7461497
your concept of freedom is lawlessness
I hope your kids get shot on their last day of school
>>
>>7461478
and?
>>
>>7461514
needless vitriol
I don't even own a gun
it's not like crime and violence don't happen in the west so you haven't actually made a point
states are also becoming more encroaching and tyrannical so it's a good time to buy (good news is that gun sales are at record highs all over Europe and America)
>>
>>7461530
dont feed the samefag/troll it only makes him stronger, he has no ability for rational discourse, only ad hominems, nonsequitors and strawmen
>>
>not going for the obvious one

Et in Arcadia Ego
>>
>>7461483
Trrruuuuuuu
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.