[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>back in high school >at least 80% of the students used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: annoyed pepe.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
annoyed pepe.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>back in high school
>at least 80% of the students used Sparknotes instead of reading the damn book.
>>
>bookstore in suburban hometown
>carries sparknotes for books they don't even have
>>
i found reading literature something more enjoyable as i got older. things made more sense and were often times more relatable
>>
>reading the book and throwing up their hands and saying it was boring and pointless
>reading condensed literary criticism that reinforces the depth and significance of the work
>>
>>7460501
This

I love reading these days and hated it up until Grade 12 or so. I had to write an essay on Macbeth in highschool and I acted like a smart-ass and wrote about how everyone just pretended to like Shakespeare to appear smart.
>>
>>7460495
obviously, the books sucked ass
who the fuck would waste time in high school reading the shitty assigned books? are you fucking autistic? honestly what the fuck is wrong with you? you're so fucking stupid
>>
>>7460517
damn i hated macbeth besides the "out, out brief candle" part, the rest really sucked fucking ass

infact most of the assigned shakespeare sucked ass
>>
no shit
why would anyone read his archaic bullshit when they could read the more advanced modern versions of his work like the perks of being a wallflower or the fault in our stars
>>
File: EliotShig.jpg (40 KB, 316x297) Image search: [Google]
EliotShig.jpg
40 KB, 316x297
>>7460517
>>7460529
>these are the plebs we share a board with
>>
>>7460527
In high school I had a great English teacher who assigned us Dostoevsky and Faulkner but I was still an illiterate shiteater back then so I skimmed most of the readings (at most). At the end of the year we got to choose a book from a list to write our final paper on. I chose Anna Karenina. It blew me away and I've been hooked on literature ever since.
>>
>>7460543
I hope you made that picture just for me
I love it
>>
>>7460543
>someone so culturally and socially illiterate he can't spot a joke
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.