[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recommend me some anti-work works, please.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: neet.png (50 KB, 931x291) Image search: [Google]
neet.png
50 KB, 931x291
Recommend me some anti-work works, please.
>>
Why would someone work to write a book to speak ill of working? Id like to think there is no one that hypocritical but I'm sure I'm wrong.
>>
bob black- the abolition of work
>>
>>7460027
equivocation: the post
>>
my field recordings of myself watching tv
>>
>>7460027
Because they write the book as play rather than work, of course.
>>
File: Zhuangzi.gif (122 KB, 339x438) Image search: [Google]
Zhuangzi.gif
122 KB, 339x438
>>7460021
Some of Chuang Tzu's parables would fit the bill

Chuang Tzu, a well known and respected philosopher, was fishing
in the Pu river with an old bamboo pole. The Prince of Chu sent two
officials with a formal proclamation, saying " The Prince hereby appoints you Prime Minister".
Chuang Tzu's face remained unchanged. Without taking his eyes off the river, he said " I have heard that three thousand years ago a tortoise with divine markings on its shell was killed and the shell made into a shrine to be worshipped in the Temple, until the present age.
What do you think: Is it better for the turtle to be killed and leave a sacred shell as an object of cult worship surrounded by clouds of incense and reverent speach for three thousand years, or to be allowed to live, dragging its tail in the mud?"
The Prince's official said, "Better for the turtle to live and drag its tail through the mud."
"Go away!" cried Chuang Tzu. "Let me drag my tail in the mud!"
>>
>>
>>7460103
fuck you just reminded me of a very kafkaesque (in the proper sense!) short story writer from china who wrote weird little fables about giant cranes with 4,000 wings or something. I lost the page though. Do you know who I was thinking of?
>>
>>7460103
Sounds like the Chinese Diogenes.
>>
>>7460021
Oblomov
>>
File: falling off chair.jpg (14 KB, 248x238) Image search: [Google]
falling off chair.jpg
14 KB, 248x238
>>7460103
>>7460899
Zhuangzi and Huizi were strolling along the dam of the Hao Waterfall when Zhuangzi said, "See how the minnows come out and dart around where they please! That's what fish really enjoy!"

Huizi said, "You're not a fish — how do you know what fish enjoy?"

Zhuangzi said, "You're not me, so how do you know I don't know what fish enjoy?"

Huizi said, "I'm not you, so I certainly don't know what you know. On the other hand, you're certainly not a fish — so that still proves you don't know what fish enjoy!"

Zhuangzi said, "Let's go back to your original question, please. You asked me how I know what fish enjoy — so you already knew I knew it when you asked the question. I know it by standing here on the bridge of Hao river."
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.