[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any books or guides on writing realistic characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
Are there any books or guides on writing realistic characters
>>
Yes, going outside.
>>
Write an honest, accurate version of yourself

No one can claim it's unrealistic
>>
>>7459768
/thread
>>
s @ l i n g e r
>>
Stop watching schlocky shit like Spongebob Squarepants where all the characters are archetypes with their usual quirks.
>>
>>7459768
/thread

go people watching.
>>
>>7459789
Nigga if you want to vent all your hate of spingebob you can I ain't gonna judge you
>>
almost all characters are realistic DESU.
>>
Read some works from authors who are renowned for great character descriptions

I really liked how Dosto would characterize the rabble in TBK
>>
Hang out with black people.
>>
>>7459843
Why is it that non-white people are genuine while white people have lost all authenticity and have become simulacra of themselves?
>>
>>7459852
less responsibility
>>
>>7459852
Ivory tower syndrome.
>>
>>7459852
White is considered the default, which creates a sense of lack of originality, which, in turn, breeds hyper-aware and inauthentic individuals.

Blacks, Asians etc are able to feel like they're part of a group. Whites are not.
>>
>>7459938
Why are they considered the "default" though? Why does the ruling class' ideology support this?
>>
>>7459763

David Mamet's plays and films. Glengarry especially.
>>
Yes. The whole existence of romance.
>>
>>7459791
>people watching
Kill yourself, creep.
>>
>>7460232
>films
Please self harm.
>>
>>7462186
Get a load of this plebian
>>
>>7462228
Why would you ever watch a film instead of reading?
>>
>>7462566
>why would you ever browse an imageboard instead of reading
>>
>>7462566
is this bait or are you really that far up your own ass?
>>
>>7462571
To discuss literature and help plebs hate themselves.
>>7462589
>I don't have an argument
>>
>>7462566
You can do both. Both are different artistic means to create emotions and ideas. The artistic merit is up to the individual.
>>
>>7462678
>The artistic merit is up to the individual.
Pleb apologists please gtfo. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>7462700
>>7462709
Learn24chan, retard.
>>
>>7462711
>Learn24chan, retard.
Can I learn 4chan 6 times instead?
>>
>>7459852
White people aren't as difficult to understand to white people or black/asian/Hispanic Americans who interact with a majority white from day to day. Because you and I probably are in the above groups, on default we see through our own bullshit better. Basically the reason for the word 'exotic'.
>>
>>7459805
desu yourself
>>
File: dfw3.png (275 KB, 540x779) Image search: [Google]
dfw3.png
275 KB, 540x779
>>7462721
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.