[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello my well read anons, how can one become more intelligent /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 268x188
Hello my well read anons, how can one become more intelligent /lit/?
>>
>>7459697
meditate
>>
>>7459697
Grow up in a creatively supportive environment.
>>
smoke weed
>>
>>7459697
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>7459697
weight training + cardio
instrument playing
constructive hobbies
socializing
continually trying novel things
learning skills
exploring new places / environments
pushing your comfort zone, really - stop wasting so much time here, or on facebook, or watching TV and go do things
>>
By getting off the internet and exploring new things.
>>
Take a dump and take a big whiff
>>
>>7460427
This, very basically and essencially this.

Also this
>>7459698
maybe not more intelligent but more reasonable, calm and a easy-flowing mind
>>
>>7459697
More intelligent, as in greater power of reasoning? Not reading. Mostly, puzzles are good for that. Logic and sudoku, rubik's cubes, etc. Try to engineer creative solutions to problems in everyday life. Take up programming, it's a great exercise in reasoning and problem solving.

Reading builds your wisdom more than intelligence--accumulated knowledge of facts, rather than power of reasoning and logic. Wisdom can help your life in many of the same places that intelligence can, though it works in different ways--being aware of existing information and solutions to problems, rather than devising your own as an intelligent person can. To read to become more educated and wise, I'd recommend breaking all knowledge down into fields, and reading on whichever interests you most or will be most applicable in your life. Live in the woods? Read about botany, plants, and outdoorsmanship. Live in the city? Read about infrastructure and architecture.. Reading about politics and economics helps everyone one way or another.
>>
>>7460427
I think 4chan is actually starting to make me depressed. I see the same parroted opinions and retorts every day that it actually makes me react aggressively now.

I need a break.
>>
>>7460427
>constructive hobbies
hobbies in which you construct things?
>>
>>7460427
This
>>
step 1: get off /lit/
>>
>>7459697
You don't. You can become more knowledged, but your raw intelligence and talent will not change.
>>
>>7465612
So raw intelligence and talent can't get worse either?
>>
>>7465883
Ehh, as a result of trauma or age, yes, they can go down.
>>
>>7459697
You can't. Nobody can't.
Some people say Dual-n-back had some good results, but the research was no able to reproduce the claims.
>>
>>7459896
People who think weed serves any sort of beneficial purpose have unexamined lives and should be removed.
>>
>>7466302
>this is what atheists actually believe
>>
>>7459896
>this is what christians actually believe
>>
Depends on what you mean with intelligence but I found that reading radical feminist books opened up my mind to a really fucking significant degree, as someone who would previously uncritically believe in leftist/librul dogma. (I'm still anti-conservative as fuck, it's just that the libruls have their own idiotic dogmas too.) Try Dworkin.
>>
>>7466575
Radfems need to go.
>>
>>7459902
Don't overdo it, you'll just break the joke
>>
>>7466312
kucked
>>
File: wio50hd.gif (255 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
wio50hd.gif
255 KB, 700x700
>>7466588
2spooky4u?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.