[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What book will give me some direction/purpose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: the original nazi.jpg (127 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
the original nazi.jpg
127 KB, 1024x768
What book will give me some direction/purpose?
>>
none

find something you care about
>>
>>7459442

I can't decide.
>>
>>7459442
if i had it i wouldn't be asking for it
>>
>>7459441
>>
>>7459454
looks like bollocks
>>
>>7459441
what if it isn't something you can get from something else?
>>
>>7459442
honestly, people who legit care about something enough that they orient their lives around it, please share out of curiosity. If it's just something you like to do here and there then that's fine but that's not direction, if it's something that you do that you suspect is for some motive like acceptance or fame or whatever that's fine but i'm not interested. Please, anyone just give me an idea
>>
>>7459441
Your purpose is too have pleasurable sex with as many different women as possible. That's it. You have no other function. Your body was made to eat, fuck, and die, so hop to it, friend
>>
>>7459503
pretty superficial reading of life
>>
>>7459451
>>7459449
a book wont help
>>
>>7459514
it probably would if it were the right one, it just wouldn't make the choice for me.

Though i'm sure there are books which'd try to make the choice for me to
>>
>>7459441
It depends on where your natural direction falls. At my core, I feel more aligned with eastern philosophy, so books like Siddhartha and Trout Fishing in America and Alan Watts' books reaffirmed and polished my own inclinations.
>>
>>7459528
I am goal oriented, I want some reason to unleash the heroic archetype and for it to feel so worthwhile that I would rather take the pains of going for that life than the pains of not meeting the task. The thing is, no such reason exists for me as a deep feeling of desire except nonsense like being recognised as great and other juvenile bs
>>
File: z1mKvoy.gif (2 MB, 383x576) Image search: [Google]
z1mKvoy.gif
2 MB, 383x576
>>7459536
>>
>>7459557
lol!
>>
>>7459441
Read The Bhagavad Gita (Easwaran Translation.)
>>
>>7459536
Read Nietzsche.
>>
>>7459581
why
>>
Why are purpose and direction necessary? Only after answering that can you begin to find it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.