[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"In Antiquity, even the slave had hours of leisure and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 12
File: image.gif (23 KB, 248x232) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
23 KB, 248x232
>"In Antiquity, even the slave had hours of leisure and merriment that were all his own; he had his games of dice in the shade of the columns of his master's portico, his coarse jokes, his free chatter, his free life outside his daily routine".

>"The modern slave has not the privilege of loitering, completely carefree, for half an hour. His so-called leisure itself is either filled with almost compulsory entertainment, as exacting and often as dreary as his work, or -- in "lands of freedom" -- poisoned by economic worries. But he is not openly bought and sold. He is just taken. And taken, not by a man in some way at least superior to himself, but by a huge impersonal system without either a body to kick or a soul to damn or a head to answer for its mischief.".
>>
What's the point of these critiques,senpai?
Being a wagekek is fucking awful but capitalism is so deeply rooted that it's not going away,barring a massive catastrophe.
>>
Spot on to be honest.
>>
>>7459170
She's not wrong.
>>
>You're having artificial fun!

>Being a slave wasn't so bad compared to modern life!

>Context? Fuck context!

And that's why you never listen to any woman who talks philosophy.
>>
>>7459233
She spoke 8 languages and had a PhD in physics, I don't think her being a woman was particularly stifling.
>>
>>7459260
Anyone can have a great work ethic. Intellect? That's another thing entirely. Sensibility? That's even more difficult.
>>
Pretty pseudo-intellectual. She could just say, "People need to get out more."
>>
>>7459180
Capitalism is self-defeating itself by automatisation.

It's decline is inevitable.
>>
so bored of this whinelord fag shit, grow up nerd
>>
>>7459280
Mr. Intellect himself, right here.
>>
>>7459282
crying about capitalism is for rich jews and lazy browns, get a job
>>
>>7459276
KEK

>Self-defeating
>"It just takes over one hundred years guys!"
>"Automation will cause decline!"
>"It'll just take 50+ years!"

There are government mandated breaks from work where I live, it aint much but its a reprieve. Wagekekery is shit, but "le communism" is not the answer obviously.

The answer is to actually not be a lazy do-nothing autist. If you actually apply yourself as a kid, save your money, invest intelligently, and have non-asshole parents then it's really not that difficult to do well in life.

Welfare is shit. Communism is shit. Although I do see some solace in the notion of universal guaranteed income, since there wouldn't be an incentive to be a system leach under those laws.
>>
>>7459267
>Try to make excuses for misogynist reasoning this hard
>>
>>7459291
>There are government mandated breaks from work where I live
where is this ,senpai?
>>
>>7459291
Kek, you sound like a 1950s suburban dad. Grow up, fucker, you live the standard you live because people in the third world eat shit and die, not because you "work hard".
>>
>>7459299
>working such low skilled labor that you have to ask permission to take a break or rely on the state to force your boss to give you a break

sounds pretty god damn plebian, t b h
>>
>>7459291
>Just go to work and everything will be OK!

No. You don't understand. Capitalism is unsustainable in the sense of "We are on a freight train moving at 100 mph and hopefully the workers out front will lay track fast enough for us all not to crash and die in a fiery explosion." No matter how hard you work, you can't create rare earth minerals. No matter how hard you work, you can't create gold. No matter how hard you work, the capacity for demand will always exceed the capacity for supply.
>>
>>7459303
in the 1950s the "third world" was a bunch of communist dictatorships, so it may be true they had to eat shit and die it's not because some boomer dad bought a color tv
>>
>>7459303
this, 2bh.
>>
>>7459310
>No matter how hard you work, you can't create gold.

well good thing the average person has no use for gold then (inb4 some audiophile phaggots 4000 dollar gold plates stereo cable) yeah if some rich jew can't get a gold plated headphone jack capitalism is going to collapse!
>>
>>7459326
You can't be this retarded.
Gold is used everywhere, it's even used in the machine you used to send this fucktarded post.
>>
>>7459321
if ppl in the third world can't stop reproducing themselves in to poverty that's some white dad's fault? if white dad's had 10 kids they would be poor too, but for some reason high levels of self-control among the white race they don't
>>
>>7459330
yeah and they use soooo much gold that when the gold price goes up the price of computers goes up! oh wait, no it doesn't, god damn you are a moron
>>
>>7459331
>high levels of self-control among the white race
you're saying this in the midst of the rampant hook-up culture in 1st world countries?

The only difference between the 1st and 3rd , in that regard, is the access to pills and contraceptives.
>>
>>7459320
>What does 'third world' mean
>country not aligned with Capitalist alliance nor Communist alliance
So the third world was the playing field of the proxy-wars.
>>
>>7459335
>The only difference between the 1st and 3rd , in that regard, is the access to pills and contraceptives.

if pills and contraceptives are innacesible due to theocratic governments (many elected and supported by the baby factories in question) i don't see how that's white dad's fault, i mean indian's can always seem to come up with money for an abortion when they find out (through the magic of modern medical equipment) that they are having a girl, so spare me the bullshit
>>
>>7459334
Like I said, gold is used in alot of shit and it will run out someday because, last time I checked, you can't just conjure up more gold to fit demand m8.
>>
>>7459338
China was "the third world", no one used them as a "proxy", oh that's right because the chinese are an advanced civlization with dignity and intelligence, shitty civilization were always shit, subsuharan africa was never good, the philipines were never good, the amazon was never good, those places and races are perennial shit.
>>
>>7459341
I'm not the anon you're talking to, I'm just saying that's a retarded statement to make.

>i mean indian's can always seem to come up with money for an abortion when they find out (through the magic of modern medical equipment) that they are having a girl, so spare me the bullshit
yeah, obviously all indians can afford an abortion and have access to modern medical equipment. It's not like a bunch of isolated cases in the news, right?
>>
>>7459344
>it will run out

ever heard of recycling? gold would have run out a long time ago, but someone broke into all the tombs in egypt and melted that shit down and reused it....not to mention if gold became prohibitively expensive they would just use something else, see the beauty of capitalism is when something because too rare it also gets too expensive, which results in a demand for an alternative, which some non-lazy non-brown person inevitably provides.
>>
>>7459353
>It's not like a bunch of isolated cases in the news, right?

>doesn't know that india has a worse male to female desparity than china despite a "democratic" hindu fascist government

keep reading the new york times, i'm sure they'll keep you informed
>>
>>7459354
You should've been recycled. It would be more efficient for everyone.
>>
>>7459350
>China was "the third world", no one used them as a "proxy",
China was communist m8 and it was used as a proxy many times by imperial powers, the only reason they're, oh so advanced, now is bending over for western interests.
>>
>>7459359
unlike you i actually have a job and an education, so unless some entrepreneur develops a way to generate energy from resentment from angsty nerds i'll always contribute more to humanity than you, have fun being a worthless leech on the planet's resources
>>
>>7459291
My point is not ideological. All I'm saying is that at some point things will become so automatised that you can't expect everyone to do something useful for a living.

It's a practical problem.
>>
>>7459354
And what if that alternative can't be found? You can't just go in this shitty cycle forever because capitalism isn't magic and if there's not enough shit, there's not enough shit and there's nothing it can do.

>which some non-lazy non-brown person inevitably provides.
you're an entitled 1st worlder coasting by on the suffering of the 3rd world, you can't say shit m8.
>>
>>7459360
the chinese never got humiliated the way the loser muslims, hindus, africans and indegenous shitlords of america did...why? because they have dignity and don't sell out to the first white man who shows up on their door
>>
File: third_world_map.jpg (38 KB, 550x321) Image search: [Google]
third_world_map.jpg
38 KB, 550x321
>>7459350
>China was "the third world"
Educate yourself.
>>
>>7459365
>i'll always contribute more to humanity than you, have fun being a worthless leech on the planet's resources
you sound like a massive tool, I hope you enjoy pleasing your jew bosses as you make them extra shekels in overtime.
>>
>>7459365
Don't worry, when the resources become limited we can just recycle them. Right? It sounds like you're wasting 40 hours a week doing jack nada when you could just recycle and never run out of goods.
>>
>>7459368
>And what if that alternative can't be found? You can't just go in this shitty cycle forever because capitalism isn't magic and if there's not enough shit, there's not enough shit and there's nothing it can do.
>what if

what if jesus comes back and casts slothful communists into hell?

stay resentiful, slave
>>
File: zizek bartleby.png (257 KB, 415x476) Image search: [Google]
zizek bartleby.png
257 KB, 415x476
>>7459382
>the free market will find magical solutions to literary every possible problem
>>
>>7459380
but unlike a lazy shithead like you i provide value to civilization...it's funny how you blame others for "living off the third world" but you don't even have a god damn job! haha, you sir, are a piece of human trash
>>
>>7459373
But the chinese did get massively humiliated.
Hong Kong was even British territory and many other colonial powers had a stake in it too.

Why not just admit you don't like brown people? I understand, there's no reason to have all these made-up justifications.
>>
>>7459375
ok, why isn't china "third world" but india is? oh yeah because the chinese race has dignity that lazy browns don't
>>
>>7459382
I didn't know being concerned about the sustainability of capitalism made me a 'slothful communist'.
>>
>yfw you realize modern capitalism, for all its mein gott ideology and Frankfurter Gramschart School cultural prole-ifying orgyporgy and rich-get-richer plutocracy, is actually the closest humanity has ever gotten to meritocracy
>tfw this is the first time in history that even the even the richest of the richest of the rich tier 101% pure blueblood oligarchs have no disdain whatsoever for differences of blood, only bearing and achievement
>tfw however true it is that the rich have vastly greater opportunity (through leisure, social capital, etc.) for accomplishment, which needs a certain level of critical mass to become possible that is mostly unavailable to the poor, it IS still technically possible
>tfw the confucian exam system tried to implement this on a much more systematic, theoretical basis, and not only did it decline into similar problems of nepotism etc., it DID also have blood-based oligarchic circlejerking
>tfw aside from some kinks that need ironing out, global capitalism is actually the greatest thing that has ever happened to humanity
>tfw communists are like screaming children who can't accept that their ideology not only failed but resulted in far worse atrocities than capitalism ever directly "caused"
>>
>>7459390
i openly admit i don't like brown people, but not because they're the color of shit, but because they are lazy and corrupt and let imperialists walk all over them in the most pathetic way
>>
>>7459373
The past 200 years of China have been nothing but nonstop humilation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Opium_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Sino-Japanese_War
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warlord_Era
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Civil_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_wars_and_battles

I mean, Christ, could anyone be more wrong than you are right now?
>>
>>7459400
you don't have a job yet somehow you have a computer and sit around shitposting all day, is your daily sjwing to burn off the guilt of being a lazy "taker"?
>>
>>7459396
because india wasn't communist, so it couldn't be 2nd world, and it didn't align with capitalist interests, so it couldn't be 1st world.

Like I said, there's no need to make up justifications to hide your hatred of 'browns'.
>>
I dedicated a huge section of my current novel to 'the Lightning and the Sun'. Devi is by far the greatest female writer.
>>
>>7459405
those were very minor humiliations compared to the way india, africa and south america got dominated, it's just the chinese have more dignity so they took it harder
>>
>>7459401
>tfw global capitalism is on its last legs
>tfw no foresight
>tfw the excellence of a system has zero correlation to its longevity
>>
>>7459402
but you said you liked china because it wasn't like 'browns' yet >>7459405
if that's not humiliation, I do not know what is.
>>
>>7459373
I forgot the best one. This is a real doozy. Hilarious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution
>>
>>7459415
the only thing on its "last legs" is global communism
>>
>>7459423
The cultural revolution was the chinese standing up against compradore bourgeoisie and western cultural imperialism, if you think that was a "humiliation" then you are just an imperialist who feels guilty for dissapointing his parents by failing at life so now has taken up "the cause of the global poor", why don't you take up the cause of getting a job so you don't have take advantage of your poor ol mom like that, its pathetic
>>
>>7459420
you know what's humiliation? being a pathetic neet with no job, why don't you start "the revolution" with yourself by taking a shower and leaving the basement
>>
>>7459401
>closest humanity has ever gotten to meritocracy
bullshit
>>
>"His so-called leisure itself is either filled with almost compulsory entertainment, as exacting and often as dreary as his work"

>"The enjoyment of TV or of a second home is experienced as 'true' freedom; no one experiences these things as an alienation. Only an intellectual can say such a thing, but this at most marks him out as being, for his part, an alienated moralist."

And that's coming from Baudrillard, who was extremely critical of the modern system and thoroughly pessimistic.
>>
>>7459440
>i'm a genius and i'm not rich therefor capitalism isn't a meritocracy

maybe your not as special as your mom thinks?
>>
>>7459439
You know what's also humiliation? Being this assblasted that you label everyone that disagrees with you as a lazy neet because they couldn't possible be a good,little worker like you, right?
>>
>>7459446
if you can't support yourself you're not a man
>>
>>7459401
>the richest of the richest of the rich tier 101% pure blueblood oligarchs have no disdain whatsoever for differences of blood,

poorfag detected

wealthy (as in people who pay rich people's paychecks) still pay a lot of attention to lineage, especially when it comes to whom their children are 'allowed' to marry. it's not as explicit as it used to be when aristocracy was openly acknowledged of course, but it's there.
>>
>>7459414
>tens of millions of people murdered at the hands of their countrymen
>'tis but a minor indignity

Stop being a dunce. More intelligent people are trying to educate you.
>>
>>7459455
I never implied I didn't have a job you kekmaster.
>>
>>7459427
It's not an either or question, shitdick. In a hundred years, with earth's natural resources exhausted and pollution having poisoned much of the world's water supply, do you really think capitalism will exist?
>>
>>7459461
>murdered by their countrymen

yeah, what an imperialist humiliation! oh wait, no, as usual you don't know shit
>>
>>7459463
dude, don't try to pretend you have a job now, if you did you wouldn't be this resentful about capitalism
>>
>>7459434
The CCP in China apologized for the Cultural Revolution and called it a terrible mistake. Care to reconsider your utterly stupid stance?
>>
>>7459434
43 million dead. You're right, it wasn't a humiliation, it was an atrocity.
>>
>>7459476
you must be massively keked to think that it's only neets who complain about capitalism. It's not one or the other unless the thought police at your workplace spanks you for anti-capitalist sentiment.
>>
>>7459479
the irony is india has no "humiliation list" because to them being dominated by white skinned races is a natural part of their being. the chinese fell behind the other master race europeans and corrected course in less than a century, some blood was spilled, but what needed to be done was done, deal with it
>>
>>7459476
and here, gentlemen, a perfect demonstration of persecution complex: conflating disagreement with one's perceived enemies.
>>
>>7459469
>Bourgeoisie capitalists didn't cause that mass murder, the Chinese were doing it to fight bourgeoisie capitalists!

Joke's on you. It's identical to the restriction of civil liberties in Western countries as a result of terrorism.

>Nixon's finger wasn't on the trigger so he had nothing to do with it!

How naive of you to say.
>>
>>7459489
people with educations and jobs are just not this buttblasted about capitalism, clearly you are lashing out looking for a reason for your failure, but the only reason is you
>>
>>7459492
>the irony is india has no "humiliation list" because to them being dominated by white skinned races is a natural part of their being
If this isn't some well-executed troll , you're the biggest dumbfuck and tool that I've had the displeasure of talking to on 4chan.
>>
File: ken.jpg (12 KB, 200x264) Image search: [Google]
ken.jpg
12 KB, 200x264
why is no one acknowledging that Devi was a Nazi

You'd think that would be an easy way to discredit the pseudo-intellectual bullshit she spurted
>>
>>7459487
>sites body count from famine after a crop failure during the great leap forward as people "murdered" during the cultural revolution

yup as usual you don' know shit...for someone who's supposed to be so anti-capitalist you sure do believe a lot of imperialist propoganda, lmao, get an education, get a job, and don't know why you have to be told this by some stranger on the internet instead of your father...you do know your father right? is that why you are so angry?
>>
>>7459500
Sure, if that's what you think, I obviously must be a NEET commie for being concerned about the sustainability of capitalism.
Just don't cry when the Earth gets fucked beyond recognition.
>>
>>7459500
Wow, is that your only argument?
>>
>>7459508
muh feelings ;_;
>>
>>7459516
dude you reek of resentiment, it's so obviously you are a failure
>>
>>7459508
You wouldn't assume a white woman who dressed in indian dress, took on an indian name and railed against capitalism to be a Nazi.
>>
File: nonexistantbook.png (11 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
nonexistantbook.png
11 KB, 260x260
>>7459516
>>7459511
>people being surprised sophists misrepresent them as their only form of argumentation
>engaging retards

wow if only someone had written about these nerds 2500 years ago
>>
>>7459525
Anon thinks a Nazi is 'le super meanie person triggering me ;_;'

Devi supported nations keeping their culture and identity so that others may also learn to appreciate them unperverted. In addition, she wrote on ecology and was an environmental activist, and was naturally against capitalism for these reasons.
>>
>>7459525
she literally thought Hitler was the mesiah
>>
>>7459569
And?
>>
>>7459508
there are plenty of great Nazi philosophers
I mean she isn't one of them but still
>>
>>7459331
>>7459365
>>7459373

Embarrassing
>>
>>7459455
>a dog doing tricks to get food is more independant then a dog that just gets food

wagekek ideology, lmao
>>
>>7459608
>she isn't one of them
>>
>>7459569
>she literally thought Hitler was the mesiah

Oh, really? That's very unsettling - didn't he kill over 6 million Jews in concentration camps!?
>>
>>7459276
What happens when it does defeat itself though? Mass unemployment and economic breakdown, or possibly utopia? Although the latter is unlikely.

I remember reading something McKibbin wrote about possibly conceivable nanobots which create materials by reorganizing matter on the atomic level, ie turning a mass of carbon into bread, or whatever have you. That, I realized, would be the true end of capitalist automation, but what would it mean for production and labor?
>>
Automation won't be the death of capitalism, it will be the death of labour
>>
>>7459659
>>7459582

>implying anyone on this board gives two shits about hitler
Her problem was that she attributed messianic status to a mortal man.
This bitch was crazy and delusional
>>
>>7459693
how do we know hitler wasn't jesus? you always hear liberals say if jesus came back people would say hes crazy, and everyone said hitler was a madman, so why not?
>>
>>7459705
-_-
>>
>>7459670
god just imagine how stupid the majority of humanity will be if not forced to go to school to improve job prospects, people will only go to religious schools, no one will learn anything again, the again the majority of humanity was always stupid fucks before capitalism so returning to a world of stupid after capitalism will just be going back to normal
>>
>>7459718
People are still extremely stupid now. At least back then people didn't have the ability to speak their minds to others because of not having the ability or status to articulate themselves.

Literate people then were the geniuses of now.
>>
>>7459670
How will people get money without work in a way that is still capitalistic?
>>
>>7459727
Why does there need to be money in a post-capitalist system?
>>
>>7459666
>What happens when it does defeat itself though?
I don't know but it's interesting as hell and I'm happy to witness an era where this is main issue.

The most sensible thing would probably be a gradualist transition to some form of state socialism in order to take care of the increasingly unemployed workforce followed by more structural reforms to deal with the fact that this is the new status quo.
>>
>>7459731
He/you said automation won't be the death of capitalism, so it won't be post-capitalism.
>>
>>7459738
Oh, sorry. I didn't read his comment.
>>
>>7459735
but american unemployment is at 5% which the economists agree is the optimum level for capitalism, so i don't see how this is "the main issue"
>>
>>7459746
Wait, so the optimum level of unemployment isn't 0%?
>>
>>7459748
as usual leftist morons don't know shit...how the fuck are people going to have freedom to change jobs or new graduates start their career with 0% unemployment? i like how you guys have all the answers to the worlds problems, but don't even realize dumb shit like that
>>
>>7459748
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserve_army_of_labour
>>
>>7459755
I'm not a leftist. I was just intruding on your conversation.
>>
>>7459746
This youtube video does a decent job explaining why it won't remain that way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
>>7459401
>yfw you realize modern capitalism, for all its mein gott ideology and Frankfurter Gramschart School cultural prole-ifying orgyporgy and rich-get-richer plutocracy, is actually the closest humanity has ever gotten to meritocracy

Nah, an actual meritocracy has to have a strict political and religious system to make it work, i.e. to set boundaries on just what constitutes "merit". If by merit you mean being a shrewd calculator, a convincing charlatan, an avaricious money-grubber, then yeah, I guess Capitalism is a great meritocracy. But in the ancient regimes people talked about "virtue" and "nobility", and nobles were forbidden for engaging in sales because being a merchant was considered to be a dishonest profession by its own nature. I find Homer's account of the bravery of Greek & Trojan heroes a much better hymn to "merit" than all the glorification of the modern billionaire with his "innovation" and "entrepreneurship", the insulting idea that selling a million shoes or mp3 players is the mark of real heroism and manhood.
>>
>>7459762
So this is basically allowed because otherwise you'd need continuous growth which isn't sustainable? Can't you just force a set number of people to retire and let them live on their benefits while adding in the new work force to maintain zero unemployment?

It's terrible that a system is set up to make sure that many people lose.
>>
>>7459773
>you'd need continuous growth which isn't sustainable
Welcome to capitalism.
>>
>>7459784
This economics stuff is so confusing and disheartening.
>>
>>7459180
>Oh no I have to work instead of people giving me free shit!

>People owning things, people trading? That's horrible

That is you.
>>
>>7459773
The amount of planning you need for such measures basically constitutes a form of socialism.

Capitalism is pretty shitty for most people, but as said before, it'll go away at some point.
>>
>>7459773
you need that to allow for growth, if there was no uneployment how can anyone innovate? if i want to start up a competitor to some company, if there is 0% unemployment, where the fuck am i going to hire people from?

the fact that you guys haven't already thought about this shows you are in no way educated enough to even evaluate the claims of marxism
>>
>>7459276
People have been saying that shit man, and it ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>7459727
government stipend possibly
maybe they simply won't, and the only people who make money are those that can produce
>>
>>7459802
People have been saying 'it ain't gonna happen' before everything that did happen as well.
>>
>>7459784
why isn't it sustainable? you need continuous growth, not continuous production of material goods...if some programmer makes a new app and sells a million copies, he just grew the economy, yet all that happened was a tiny bit of electricity was spent to download the bits
>>
>>7459807
>government stipend possibly
So a welfare state?

>maybe they simply won't, and the only people who make money are those that can produce
This is quite problematic because people aren't inclined to quietly starve in order to not inconvenience other people. You'll have riots if not civil war on your hands.
>>
>>7459811
Sure, if we lived in the Matrix it would be a lot more sustainable supposedly. But we don't and people don't only want new apps, they want new cars and houses and clothes and new phones and computers and hardwood floors and holidays and sushi and shit like that.
>>
>>7459810
yeah, marxists said "it ain't gonna happen" to capitalism bringing democracy and freedom and unprecedented levels of prosperity to humanity, but it did happen, so in a sense you are right!
>>
>>7459800
>where the fuck am i going to hire people from?
From people who just graduated high school/college?

And I'm not representing a Marxist or a Capitalist. I'm just an autistic STEM guy who doesn't understand economics at all.
>>
>>7459825
>capitalism bringing democracy and freedom
I don't think supporting dictators in the Middle East, bombing poor countries, stopping democratic revolutions, and supporting terrorists there is bringing democracy and freedom.
>>
>>7459821
so as the materials to produce hardwood floors and sushi become more scarce the law of supply and demand will kick and people will demand less of those and more of something else...the supply of handcrafted leather gucci flipflops is already pretty low, yet most people are happy to buy some adidas flipflop made of recycled plastic instead, capitalism was in no way threatened....
>>
>>7459811
Material goods are currently the bottleneck of human progress. Before the green revolution, food was a bottleneck; much labor was spent ensuring an adequate and reliable food supply. Material goods are also increasingly being supplied today, but unless there's a major breaththrough in technology (think replicators, accurate 3D printing) it will always be a major issue.

Yes, many Western countries have mostly overcome this (for now), but if the third world ever begins to consume equal to what's being consumed by the West, there's just not enough raw materials to go around.
>>
>>7459814
>This is quite problematic because people aren't inclined to quietly starve in order to not inconvenience other people.
yes they are
it doesn't even matter though, if labour has no power any action they take is meaningless
all this being said, full automation would be a huge departure from a conventional understanding of the relationship to the means of production, it's silly to talk about capitalism v communism in this context
shit will get real messy once uploaded consciousness/simulated reality becomes a thing
>>
File: manual labour.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
manual labour.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>7459825
This is not an ideology thing, mate.

>a point comes where a robot is developed that can do a job cheaper than a person
>one company invests in this robot to replace workers and is able to outcompete other companies
>other companies get robots as well to stay in business
>workers get laid off faster than you can make up new bullshit jobs

I don't see how anyone can deny that this will happen.
>>
>>7459844
>yes they are
>it doesn't even matter though, if labour has no power any action they take is meaningless
It does matter if they are 80% of the world population and they're mad.
>>
>>7459838
>Yes, many Western countries have mostly overcome this (for now), but if the third world ever begins to consume equal to what's being consumed by the West, there's just not enough raw materials to go around.

remember when they said copper was going to run out? whatever happened with that? it just went by without anyone noticing...
>>
>>7459837
>Computers become a luxury good
>Cars become a luxury good

This is the death knell of capitalism you're talking about. There are some things you can live without, other things you just can't. I mean this from a riots/economics/functional state point of view. The U.S., for instance, can't function without a car industry.
>>
>>7459835
but the state does this, not the banks, putting an embargo on iran goes against free market neoliberal principles....
>>
>>7459837
People will exploit resources beyond the point of recovery before it gets too expensive to leave it alone. We're already doing that.
>>
>>7459854
So does that mean capitalism is already dead and we're just living in simulated capitalist experiment?
>>
>>7459845
this already happened...the robot in question was called "the washing machine", and what happened? it allowed women to move into more productive jobs in the workforce and grow the economy
>>
>>7459854
>it's not TRUE capitalism, guys! it's the state!
>but all that freedom and democracy, that IS the result of capitalism!
>>
>>7459850
What's going to happen when we lose vital resources and don't have the ability to replace them?
>>
>>7459849
99% of the population has lived like shit for the vast majority of human history
riots didn't end slavery, ideology did
besides, the left voted itself out of revolution when they decided they didn't like guns anymore
>>
File: cave.jpg (108 KB, 540x562) Image search: [Google]
cave.jpg
108 KB, 540x562
>life better for almost everyone than it's ever been
>people still complaining
>>
>>7459851
>The U.S., for instance, can't function without a car industry.

Why not? i don't own a car, I use bikeshares and subways to get everywhere....if cars suddenly became prohibitvily expensive resources would just be reinvested in railroads or other alternative transportation...besides the united states has been re-urbanizing heavily in the last generation, so public transport has even better return on investment
>>
>>7459854
What's "real capitalism" and what's "fake capitalism"? How has capitalism supported "democracy and freedom"?

And a better question is why are democracy and freedom considered good?
>>
>>7459860
You can't play that game forever. At some point automation will become efficient to a degree where the majority of people can't just move on to the next job.

A lot of jobs today are in themselves artificial bullshit. Why do you think politicians are always talking about creating job? There's nothing to do, we're already too efficient for everyone to have to do something all the time.
>>
>>7459860
But women entering the workforce destroyed the economy with surplus workers.
>>
>>7459866
>riots didn't end slavery, ideology did
actually capitalism did
>>
>>7459864
humans ate all the wooly mammoths yet somehow the world didn't end
>>
>>7459876
This, by inventing ways of processing cotton that were more efficient than black people. And capitalism will invent ways of doing everything more efficient than all people.
>>
What system is it where all I have to do is read things all day, grow food and eat it, teach my kids, and fuck my wife?
>>
File: 1447691693366.png (3 MB, 1832x966) Image search: [Google]
1447691693366.png
3 MB, 1832x966
people should be much more concerned with the fetish for exponential population growth than automation tbqh
>>
>>7459296
well to be fair she also thought hitler was the physical incarnation of vishnu
>>
>>7459863
well if capitalism overthrows democratically elected governments and bombs people why did the soviet union do that more than capitalist countries did? oh yeah, because the state is doing that, not the free market
>>
>>7459888
only the most primitive pre-capitalist societies infused with archaic religious ideology fetishize this
>>
>>7459893
So all of them?
>>
>>7459890
There's no such thing as a free market since a free market needs an absence of coercion and that can only be provided by something like a state, which will demand things from the market making it less than free.

The free market is a thought experiment at best.
>>
>>7459890
What's the free market? Where is it?
>>
>>7459888
This fetish is a side effect of capitalism.
>>
>>7459876
capitalism is ideology
>>7459893
except that image I posted is John Oliver saying that Europe needs migrants precisely because Europeans don't breed
it's very much a mainstream idea
>>
>>7459898
yes, but the point is if you want to stop overthrowing governments and bombings, restricting the free market isn't going to stop that, restricting the power of the state is, so again blaming capitalism for what the state does is stupid
>>
>>7459901
yes, of course, that's why the most advanced capitalist countries have the lowest birthrates...damn, leftist are seriously fucking retarded...i can respect people who were leftists in 1915, but being a leftist in 2015 you have to be religiously stupid
>>
>>7459904
Then similarly saying capitalism did "good" things the state did is stupid.
>>
>>7459873
Those people can only hold onto sympathy as long as they remain faceless. The image of a poor innocent hard working human losing their job to a machine simply does not exist in reality. When those people lash out, they are labeled as lazy brutes who do not belong in civilization.
>>
>>7459901
I realise
it has nothing to do with my point though?
>>7459909
it's precisely why the advanced capitalist countries are facing the mudslide
>>
>>7459903
capitalism isn't ideology because there was no "capitalist manifesto" outlining the principles of capitalism...after capitalism naturally occurred people observed and studied it, the only thing that is "ideology" is marxism

as for the other point, the birth rate is so low because in capitalism no one wants any kids so they have to import people from underdeveloped countries were people are still wacked out on religious ideology
>>
>>7459350
>>7459375
>>7459396

children left behind.

third world, as explained elsewhere in this thread, has a very specific meaning. look up a guy named tito.
>>
>>7459921
capitalism is an ideology you fucking spastic
I say this as an ardent capitalist and biological determinist
>>
File: photo-savitri15.jpg (120 KB, 479x700) Image search: [Google]
photo-savitri15.jpg
120 KB, 479x700
>>7459170

>DUDE HITLER IS THE INCARNATION OF VISHNU SENT TO STOP THE JEWISH-CAUSED KALI YUGA LMAO
>>
>>7459935
She's not even wrong though
>>
>>7459909
>yes, of course, that's why the most advanced capitalist countries have the lowest birthrates..
You mean the countries with the greatest welfare states and the most socialist policies?
>>
File: yTkejnGTE.gif (7 KB, 490x405) Image search: [Google]
yTkejnGTE.gif
7 KB, 490x405
>>7459948
>>
>>7459948
:/
>>
>>7459948
but Hitler accelerated it
>>
>>7459988

yeah if he was the avatar of some Hindu god you would have thought that he would have succeeded instead of failing miserably
>>
>>7460012
>fail
Look at the neo-right in Europe literally acting against time.
>>
>>7460031

In the 60 or so years since the Nazis failed the neo-right in Europe have not been in power that often, look at Europe now its a mess. For all their success only a few countries are doing well. Neoliberalism and Globalism mostly rules the world, doesn't seem like the Kali Yuga is headed in the direction of being over chump.
>>
>>7459303
Someone sounds like they need a diaper change.
>>
>>7460031
the New Right has only been hampered by Hitler
Hitler made nationalism a dirty ideology for 70 years
>>
>>7459326
>>7459334
>>7459354
>>7459365
Arguing so hard he forgets the gold thing was just an analogy for resources/consumption
>>
>>7459170
>"In Antiquity, even the slave had hours of leisure and merriment that were all his own

I don't believe this for a second. Slaves in the Roman Empire who worked on farms were treated similarly to how Haitian slaves were treated by the French.
>>
>>7460254
FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS. Fuck Hitler and fuck all of the other Nazis and antisemites too. It's because of them that Germanic Nationalism and White Nationalism in general are so taboo. Oh, and they also did that holocaust thing. Fuck them for that too.
>>
>>7460285
If you read Apuleius he describes an entirely slave run place, with a lazy and cruel slave-manager. But the implication is that there is time for leisure and not constant drudgery, though t's not exactly a positive thing. I imagine Cato has something to say about it too.
>>
File: 1429010065291.png (99 KB, 1775x933) Image search: [Google]
1429010065291.png
99 KB, 1775x933
>>7459180
>>Being a wagekek is fucking awful but capitalism is so deeply rooted
it is so because liberalism works well as a structure implementing our nature which is more hedonistic than anything else.
>>
>>7460565

>levitated when praying
>this is what christfags actually believe
>>
>>7459871
You live in a city that supports non-auto transportation. 90% of Americans do not have this luxury
>>
File: 1449172714981.jpg (53 KB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
1449172714981.jpg
53 KB, 700x392
>>7460565
He's literally no different to some waifu worshipping fucked up frogfag.
>>
>>7459388
You have quite the imagination buddy
>>
>>7460987
pretty impressive for such a fat fuck desu

>catholics in charge of austerity
>>
>>7459888
That fucking face.
>>
>>7459543
Triggering me? What the fuck are you on about?
I don't get filled with rage when I look at a picture of Himmler, but that doesn't mean I can't say he wasn't a good person. It's hard to believe anyone that agrees with Nazi ideology would be a particularly good philosopher is all.

Probably the dumbest thing I've every seen on /lit/
>>
>>7459291
>State mandated breaks

you do know you are making your own point look like shit?
>>
>>7459350
kill yourself
>>
>>7459927
How exactly is something that is not an ideology an ideology nigger?
>>
>>7459303
Fuck people in the third world. Let them die. They are of no concern to me.
>>
>>7459296
Muh soggy knee
>>
>>7461882
When they turn into refugees they are a concern to you. When they turn into disease vectors they are a concern to you.
>>
>>7461929
Yes, in that regard, you are correct. But, as long as they stay where they are and die where they are, it's fine.
>>
>>7459532
Haha. If only everyone had to start with the Greeks.
>>
>>7459170
>real slaves had it better than regular "slaves" of capitalism
No thanks, I'll take my car, house, electronics, and delicious food even if it means my soul is a little more dead
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.