[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you get all your good ideas for writing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: A-good-idea[1].png (67 KB, 504x616) Image search: [Google]
A-good-idea[1].png
67 KB, 504x616
Where do you get all your good ideas for writing?
>>
Homer, Shakes, and Milton.
>>
My own life desu
>>
>>7457912
Couldn't tell you even if I tried. I'd be observing something and thoughts will couple and birth an ill-formed idea which I then spend a few weeks chipping away at.
>>
Bloom on Homer, Shakespeare and Milton.
And the Nasuverse :)
>>
I think them up.
>>
>>7457912
>find good aspects/pieces of other forms of media, such as a theme or plot point
>take many and combine together to create a half original work
>write
>????
>profit
Honestly every piece of literature is based on something else. Nothing is really "original".
>>
I think them up.

Asking the real hard-hitting questions today, /lit/.
>>
>>7458131
>>7458081
>>7458073
shit responses by people unaware of the actual artistic process.
>>7458121
good response
>>
>>7458134
Not everybody has to create art for the sake of art. Shit response by a person unaware of the human component of the artistic process.
>>
>>7458134
>I agree with this response, so it's good.
>I don't agree with those other responses, so they are bad.
>clearly, bad ones are inept/ignorant, clearly

You have the brain of a chimp.
>>
>>7457912
Shrooms
>>
File: firsttimeimagemashing.png (2 MB, 2361x1625) Image search: [Google]
firsttimeimagemashing.png
2 MB, 2361x1625
>>7457912
Graphs, tables, charts, diagrams, tools. Understand the relations between things then use a tool to decide how you will go about writing on a topic is viable to what you are able/want to achieve.

There are so few that I can find online or by my peers that have any use, post more
>>
>see a cliche or archetype
>think about it a little while
>"i could do that my own way"
>do it
>>
>>7458227
anything important but still basic enough to be conveyed by a graph or chart is already out there
>>
>>7458326
>Restrictive tendencies in writing
>Relation between author and reader
>Writing style formulation
>Interpretation to perception in information introduction
>Elements of constancy
Will we never get this? Can we make these?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.