[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anyone recommend a good anthology of short stories? i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: cover.jpg (39 KB, 330x498) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
39 KB, 330x498
can anyone recommend a good anthology of short stories?

i'm talking the classic here, like "the most dangerous game", "the lottery", "the monkeys paws".

i guess you can say they kind of have a macabre feel but i think most short stories are like that. just trying to find a nice one stop shop to put on my kindle. thanks!

pic unrelated
>>
>>7457538
I just finished reading this and it was the shit
>>
File: 7903042.jpg (43 KB, 318x429) Image search: [Google]
7903042.jpg
43 KB, 318x429
>>7457570
Do you have epub?

>>7457538
pic related, it was in my uncles cabin and was probably the first book of horror stories I ever encountered, the cabin burned down and the book was lost. But it has some really great stories in it.

Also, even though it is encroaching on meme territory, Borges Collected Fictions and the Complete Lovecraft are a must.
>>
>>7457570
http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/10910851/file.html

NM got it off mobilism.

Its an rar but i scanned and opened, epub and mobi versions included
>>
>>7457538
Street of Crocodiles
Akutagawa's short story collection
Cosmicomics
>>
>>7457538
Bump for GOAT short story collections
>>
Can't recommend this enough, if you can get a copy its definitely worth picking up.

www.goodreads.com/book/show/7985780-extremely-entertaining-short-stories
>>
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>7457978
This isnt /fit/. The sticky here is terrible, and the board is made for discussing and suggesting books.
>>
Richard Ford's Granta Book of American Short Stories, vol. 1 and 2

Jesus Son- Denis Johnson

Bear and His Daughter- Robert Stone

The Weird- Jeff and Ann VanderMeer

TC Boyle vol. 1 and 2

Collected Stories of William Trevor
>>
>>7458100
The sticky is fine, there is a short story section, and if it isn't, edit it and make it better. And I just looked at the /fit/ one, a bunch of the links don't even work. But stick to /fit/ if it's so great.

This board is for DISCUSSING books. When you've actually read something, come back and make a thread.
>>
>>7458407
woops i just came back here to review suggestions but wow how dumb. get off your high horse yeesh.
>>
>>7458407
How can he edit the sticky and make it better if he doesn't know what's good? I assume that's why he's asking for recommendations.
>>
Nine Stories by JD Salinger is fantastic regardless of what you think about Catcher
>>
cosmicomics
fiction by borges
anything from gogol
DFW is pretty good on the more essayist side
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.