[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you use to write, /lt/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: writing1.jpg (65 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
writing1.jpg
65 KB, 550x300
What do you use to write, /lt/?
>>
My hands usually
>>
>>7457126
fuck you :(
>>
Started with a pirated version of Scrivener.
Eventually payed for it since I came to rely on it.
All the structuring options were useful to me since I'm working on a world building project, but the decision still fells silly to me. As does the idea of paying for any kind of word processor in this day and age.
>>
A word processor on a computer
>>
My trick is to let other people write for me. Borges is my favorite me.
>>
>>7457179
/thread

Are you trying to figure out if you'd be special for writing by hand OP? The content is what matters. The mode shouldn't really count for shit.
>>
File: IMG_20151213_130418925.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151213_130418925.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2560
I like scrivener, somebody pointed me to it on here. Great for nonfiction work and PDF organization.

On pen and paper, I like my Schaeffer Targaris fountain pen on a Clairefontaine notebook. Right now I'm travelling so I'm just using a Parker, but still great for writing. Pic related
>>
>>7457192
do you think libreoffice would be fine?
>>
File: .jpg (65 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
65 KB, 300x300
>>7457244
Absolutely. My point is that it should barely matter at all what you use, as long as you're actually writing. Getting hung up on decisions like these when the bare bones default word processor that came with you computer should (maybe with the exception of a ctrl f function or a word counter) have everything you'd ever need to get your ideas down. Hell sometimes all the extra features of some fancy payed for program can be distracting.
So yeah. Libreoffice should be fine. Especially since it saves in a standard format, unlike Scrivener.
>>
>>7457268
thx man
>>
yellow legal pads when im out and about

google docs/notepad when im home
>>
MS Word.

It's a basic word processing program. I'd like to say on a personal note that it really doesn't matter what you use as long as you're willing to put forth the effort. That's what it comes down to in the end. That's why dipshits with 2000 dollar macbooks sitting at starbucks talk about being a writer but never finish anything.

Dumbasses.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.