[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just picked up copies of The Crying of Lot 49, and Inherent Vice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tp.jpg (113 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
tp.jpg
113 KB, 1600x900
Just picked up copies of The Crying of Lot 49, and Inherent Vice. Which should I read first? I'm leaning towards Lot 49
>>
>>7455775
V.
>>
>>7455777
full house niice. Cus of that I'll see if I can find it at the library tomorrow
>>
>>7455775
Read TCoL49 first because its shorter and in the case that you actually have a brain and are not just a mindless drone liking whatever /lit/ does, you might not want to continue reading the *holds up spork*-tier cringe of Pynchon.
>>
>>7455796
the gall of people who think that /lit/ is the progenitor of pinecone fanslobs.
>>
I started with Inherent Vice and I found it an easy starter for pinecone, but then again, Crying Lot is tried and tested over the years. So there's that.

But I think I enjoyed Inherent Vice more than Crying Lot. Out of all the books of his I've read I found Crying Lot to be missing something.
>>
start with lot 49. it's shorter.
>>
I'm jumping straight into Gravity's Rainbow, I'm a big boy that read Ulysses...I can handle it right?
>>
Lot 49 is great and a real quick read. I finished it in a couple of days and I consider myself to read a bit slower pace than the average on this board. Its funny as hell and gets in your head
>>
>>7455974
You'll read it just fine; it's when you start thinking like the book that you're in trouble.
>>
>>7455807
are you retarded? my post doesn't imply that at all nor does it depend on it
>>
>>7455974
I find the meme trilogy gets easier with each installment. Ulysses is 2deep4me, GR's references were challenging, but the language was easier to digest, IJ is college girl tier
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.