[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: books that /lit/ trolled you into reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: me.jpg (77 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
77 KB, 480x640
ITT: books that /lit/ trolled you into reading
>>
>>
>not liking if on a winter's night

pleb detected

this book is actually a great filter - if you actually enjoyed reading and literature there's no reason for you to dislike it. if you're a fraudulent pseudointellectual faggot (aka most of lit tbqhwyf) you'll hate it

so grats op, you've successfully outed yourself as a pleb retard.
>>
File: whathefuckamireading.jpg (10 KB, 204x299) Image search: [Google]
whathefuckamireading.jpg
10 KB, 204x299
I can appreciate his command of language. I like some weird lit, but I just don't like this.
>>
>>7455275
I never see this mentioned here
It's a good book though and you're a pleb piece of trash
>>
>>7455308
?? it gets mentioned all the time

lurk moar faggot
>>
I didn't like it either OP.
The first couple chapters were a delight, but then it seemed to lose all its playfulness and become masturbatory circular bullshit.
Turned me off Calvino for a long time. Thankfully I gave Csomicomics a try though and it was the fucking tops. I'm planning to read Baron in the Trees soon.
>>
>>7455313
>lurk moar faggot

Really just means "waste even more of your life here". Horrible advice, really.
>>
>>7455280
most of /lit/ likes this book, sorry to break it you
>>
Ulysses
>>
>>7455275
get the fuck out of here daniel you christfag cocksucker
>>
>>7455275
Hypersphere
>>
>>7455325
No, it's a reminder that you're an idiot who doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. Your rationalization is weak and obvious
>>
>>7455313
>it gets mentioned all the time
It doesn't though. Telling me to lurk moar isn't going to change my opinion
>>
>>7455382
but it does.

but its irrelevant we shouldnt be arguing since we both agree op is dumb. we should be focusing our hatred on op and calling him a faggot.
>>
>>7455382
It gets mentioned all the time you faggot. I bet you browse from mobile
>>
>>7455393
>>7455389
Okay I guess when I think of a book being posted "all the time" on /lit/ I think of Gravity's Rainbow.
My mistake
>>
do you have a lazy eye?
>>
>>7455279
exactly what i thought
>>
Should I read 'If on a winter's night a traveller' or 'invisible cities' first ?
>>
>>7455664
>hurr durr i trole u
fuck off
>>
>>7455693

I'm genuinely confused by your post. My local bookstore has both books and I want to know which one I should buy.
>>
>>7455403
calvino has made every top 100 /lit/ has ever made
>>
>>7455833
Nigga there are so many of those books that /lit/ shits on and never discusses
Don't give me that
>>
>>7455844
No, it's often a good measure of what /v/ reads.
>>
>>7455833
>>7455844
Are you lousy shitstabs really going to argue about this bullshit for hours? A fucking archive exists. It would take a minute to do a search, for goddamn fuck's sake.

Faggots!
>>
>>7455854
profanity is the sign of a weak intellect
>>
>>7455769
You're just perpetuating the troll of getting new posters to think Calvino is good and If On a Winter's Night is worth reading. Begone
>>
>>7455769
I'd read Invisible Cities first, to be honest with you desu. Both are worth a read, and he's not a hard writer to get into where there's specific entry points
>>
File: picador75.jpg (55 KB, 566x859) Image search: [Google]
picador75.jpg
55 KB, 566x859
It was worth it.
>>
>>7455871

If you think Calvino isn't good then you could have just said that. my post made it clear that I haven't read any Calvino so I'm obviously not trying to convince anyone that he's a good writer.

>>7455898

>tfw ur too late
>i just got back from bookstore with 'if on a winter's night a traveller'
>it has a picture of santa claus on the back cover
>>
metamorphosis...

he turned into a cockroach lol
>>
>>7455326
>reading comprehension
>>
>>7455275
In my top 10 books of all time, no doubt.
Id ask you to tell me why you didn't like it but I already know that it's cuz you just have atrocious taste
>>
>>7456157
It was a beetle goddamnit.
>>
>>7456164
Are you fucking retarded? re-read that guys post and then tell me what i did wrong, faggot
>>
>>7455362
The single most important and influential piece of fiction written in the last century
>>
>>7455275
shit sucked
>>
someone on /lit/ trolled me into finding a copy of and reading Women and Men

I will spend the rest of my life reading and rereading on thank you so fucking much
>>
>>
>>7455275
You are welcome, you pleb. That's a great book.
>>
File: UlyssesCover.jpg (20 KB, 374x478) Image search: [Google]
UlyssesCover.jpg
20 KB, 374x478
>>
>>7456480

I know it's a different book, but your post reminded me

>be 18 years old
>find copy of men without women in school library
>the mountain goats have just released a new album
>go to library every lunch, listen to new tMG, read hemingway
>there's only one tiny little portable heater in the upstairs library section, sit next to it looking out window at ice covered football oval

damn, that was a comfy as fuck feeling. too bad the school is building a new library and demolishing the old one soon
>>
You are a QT OP
>>
File: 1437908202994.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1437908202994.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
Jesus this thread went to shit.

But tbqfh senpai, /lit/ made me want to read. I changed from STEM to English and started reading and writing a fuckton. I read pynchon all through high school, and I just had a Skype conversation with my honors professor at uni and I think Im gonna end up writing my senior thesis on Mason and Dixon.

/lit/ completely changed my life and I just hope that the feeling doesnt go away and I start to regret devoting my life to books instead of money and success.
>>
>>7457581
It's Mason & Dixon you philistine, the entire book is contained in the ampersand. "Mason and Dixon", jesus christ.
>>
>>7456022
it was like a good 2 hour long anal gangbang session on speed and you shoot the fattest load you've ever shot and the ravaged whore on the floor leaps up and catches it midair on her tongue
>>
>>7457581

im on the course from transitioning from being an english lit grad to being useful in business (in short - ive learnt university level maths, economics, spanish, french and cs on my own time for the past 5 years while working)

your life is what you want to make of it, you can retrain even in your 30s, do what you enjoy - especially in your youth
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.