[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
david forster wallwax memes general >infinite jest, what happens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1422154667059.jpg (102 KB, 1027x714) Image search: [Google]
1422154667059.jpg
102 KB, 1027x714
david forster wallwax memes general
>infinite jest, what happens after the end (spoilers OK)
>pale king thoughts
>new movie??
>anyone got the image of him as john cena?
>>
File: 1432802142294.jpg (35 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1432802142294.jpg
35 KB, 500x375
>>
>>7454922
infinite kek
>>
anyone got the meme of Hal at the party?
>>
>>7454922
hahah
>>
File: 1446155682491.png (462 KB, 651x475) Image search: [Google]
1446155682491.png
462 KB, 651x475
sip
>>
>>7454907
Pale King was great, would have been amazing to have seen what it was going to all lead up to.
>>
I NEED to see this Hal meme now
>>
>>7454907
>new movie??
If you're talking about The End of The Tour it was a pretty comfy movie that was harbored by some forced tension and a partially innacurate depiction of DFW, enjoyed it though.
>>
please stop
>>
>>7454982
Seconding this
>>
Someone has the" I'm usous? "
Forgot to save.
>>
>>7454213
>>
>>7455041
>would have been amazing to have seen what it was going to all lead up to.
the punchline was his an hero
>>
>>7455211
The punch line was that he was literally bored to death
>>
>>7454907
>infinite jest, what happens after the end
Something foreboding is strongly implied; I think the book is to be taken in part as a warning and a call to arms against being so beholden to entertainment/addiction; the seeming fate of the world is the fate of the individual enslaved by addiction

>pale king thoughts
Very good, very engaging treatment of tedium. It was intended to be about things about to happen yet not actually happening (such as the coming storm), so the unfinished nature of the book is fitting in how it embodies the intent
>new movie??
Does this mean 'The End of the Tour'? Not perfect but still rather good. What I disliked the most was how it trumped up dramatic conflicts and shoehorned moments of humor (in particular Joan Cusack's character) to adhere to movie conventions. I did appreciate the conversation that took place, in part how it depicted Wallace's darker impulses and his spiraling self-reflection and -recrimination about them (which he never got past).
>>
anyone got that meme of DFW john cena?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.