[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go on amazon to look for new books >>Top 20 Best-Selling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-768[1].jpg (158 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-768[1].jpg
158 KB, 768x1024
>go on amazon to look for new books
>>Top 20 Best-Selling Books of All Time
>fifty shades of grey series
>hunger games series
>divergent series
>girl with the dragoon tattoo series
why haven't you read some of the most popular books of all time?
>>
because sometimes i want to set people on fire
>>
is te novul dad?
>>
>>7454102

Tbqh girl with the dragon tattoo isn't complete shit. The writing is, but the plot's fun
>>
I think my one ball is leaking, man.
>>
>>7454118
this
>>
>>7454102
/lit/ will read those books 20 years from now, after they're inducted into the western canon.
>>
File: 1448595132387.png (69 KB, 287x250) Image search: [Google]
1448595132387.png
69 KB, 287x250
>>7454147

>The Hunger Games are eventually going to be held in the same light as 1984

There is a bleak future in store for us.
>>
>>7454102
Hunger Games has alot of bad parts but there are some gems in it

Prim dying by the same tech Katniss' long time boyfriend created, Katniss executing Coin and not Snow and Snow laughs maniacally because he pull off one last kek moment
>>
>>7454102
Divergent is the only thing on that list I've had no exposure to at all. I read Hunger Games when it first came out since I was in high school at the time and it was fairly popular, I've listened to a dramatic reading of 50SoG, and I read Dragon Tattoo as the series was being translated into English. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo at least had the decency to be mildly interesting while 50SoG is quite possibly the most boring book I've ever experienced in my life in terms of both prose and the plot pacing.

https://youtu.be/DKj4Mv67QXc?list=PLkpx8GQSAZWaHW7wC0DJoMv4qX3kSvxtb
Dramatic reading of 50SoG's original draft (AKA the Twilight fanfic version). I recommend annotations on.
>>
>>7454102
I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series in high school. They were ok, the first one was a bit dry. The movies were pretty cool. The Girl who Played with Fire was my favorite.
>>
>>7454118
His tunes are bangers atm senpai
>>
>>7454269
Pic related is something that will actually go into the western literary canon.
>>
>>7454102

It's all the same shit really. I could read one then I would've read them all.
>>
>go on amazon to look for new books
>>Top 20 Best-Selling Books of All Time
>Fifty Shades of Grey Series
Belongs with the rest of twilight fanfiction, and the twilight books on a roll in your bathroom commonly used for wiping your ass. I would rather spend my time reading real books.
>hunger games series
Decent enough for YA but let's face it It is YA.
>Divergent Series
A crappier version of Hunger Games with an overpowered main character and little personality, once again YA.
>Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Series
The only book in this list worth reading.

Just because something is popular does not make it good. I can think of ten things that used to be popular and they were never good.
>>
>Decent enough for YA but let's face it It is YA.

Why do people pretend this is an argument?
>>
>>7454348
The Justin Bieber isn't bad anymore meme. One of the classics of 2015
>>
>>7454102
I read The DaVinci Code a few years ago. I was ready to hate it and tear into it for being total garbage.

Surprisingly, I discovered that it wasn't garbage. It was ok. It wasn't good, and I would neither recommend it to anyone nor would I read it again, but I was entertained for the afternoon I spent reading it.

A lot of these best-selling books might be ok.
>>
File: 1428120550962.jpg (182 KB, 519x1341) Image search: [Google]
1428120550962.jpg
182 KB, 519x1341
>>7454102
yes women
- love sex and
-love to think they have been raped so that they can claim to survive rape which gives them even more satisfaction.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.