[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Authors and "intellectuals" that disturb you but at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: L._Ron_Hubbard_in_1950.jpg (106 KB, 532x380) Image search: [Google]
L._Ron_Hubbard_in_1950.jpg
106 KB, 532x380
Authors and "intellectuals" that disturb you but at the same time strike a morbid fascination of.
Not necessarily for there ideas, books or ect, but more the content and power of there personality and ideas.

For example
L Ron Hubbard
Marquis de Sade
Pier paolo pausini
>>
File: 19026_pasollini-1.jpg (56 KB, 496x664) Image search: [Google]
19026_pasollini-1.jpg
56 KB, 496x664
>>
Michel Foucault
>>
File: marquis-de-sade-9469078-1-402.jpg (81 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
marquis-de-sade-9469078-1-402.jpg
81 KB, 402x402
>>
File: IZI2jNy.gif (991 KB, 500x308) Image search: [Google]
IZI2jNy.gif
991 KB, 500x308
;_;
>>
Freud scares me. It would be better if his stuff turned out to be true. That the vileness was just like.. accepted by almost the entire world for decades... disgusting. Also, it's like Bloom says... His assertions sometimes have a kind of hypnotic power to them that makes you just kind of accept them. Dark jew magic.

Also Norman O. Brown. Makes me kind of sick that his stuff was allowed in a world where people had to wear clothes and walk from place to place and keep the electricity running. It all just seems so irresponsible.

Also Eliot Rodger and I have a few too many similarities.

Also read something in James Holmes manifesto where he just scribbled "WHY?" for like ten pages... then he started writing the plans for the theatre shooting. Unsettling

Camille Paglia unnerves me because she seems at once so feminine and yet she's working from a foundation of pure logos which even she herself would have to concede is masculine... or I shouldn't speak whereof I know not, but she really really scares me even more than the existentialist feminists (who just fill me with doomthirst) and I can't explain why. Sexual Personae just kind of weirds me out... didn't get through it
>>
>>7453270
Camille gives me hope on that note because shows you can turn women into men and rescue them from being so awful
>>
you might be able to categorize Hubbard as an author, but .. intellectual? even "intellectual"?

They had turbine-generated cars that went about 275 miles an hour. They ran with a high whine. I notice they've just now invented the motor again. And they had tracks that were booby-trapped with atom bombs, and they had side bypasses. The tracks were mined, and the grandstands were leaded-paned.
- Hubbard, lecture of 3 January 1960
>>
>>7453261

the only thing disturbing about Hitler was how much self-restraint he had in the face of overwhelming opposition
>>
>>7453270
Freud's ideas turned out to be "true" in a way. Have you heard about Edward Bernays? He was Freud's nephew. Invented the concept of PR, too. A terrible, evil man, worse than Hitler.
>>
File: laughing american.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
laughing american.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>7453500
>Freud's ideas turned out to be "true" in a way
>>
>>7453280
For a moment it read like lyrics to a GY!BE song.
>>
>>7453502
I phrased that in a shitty way - Bernays used Freud's ideas to create means of mass manipulation, successfully. IIRC even Goebbels admired his techniques.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.