[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some books about hating humanity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1449817431380.jpg (189 KB, 630x800) Image search: [Google]
1449817431380.jpg
189 KB, 630x800
What are some books about hating humanity?
>>
>>7452670
American Psycho
>>
>>7452670
Anything to do with buddhism and meditation is basically about hating your nature. I think that's a good thing to hate, but for some reason everyone gets really defensive about it.
>>
>>7452670
My diary desu
>>
>>7452699

that's only if you take buddhism seriously like a monk, if your a layperson you can pretty much do anything and believe anything, it's really chill
>>
>>7452713

I concur. I don't really care if people say my version of Buddhism is watered down or westernized or something. It's great. All I have to do is be chill and go with the flow.
>>
>>7452712
I would like to read your diary.
>>
>>7452699

Hi anon. I like you. If I had any time to put into it, I would become your pen pal. I hate human nature too, and I put a lot of time and effort into overcoming the shittier aspects of it, except the sex stuff because I'm like, well, an addict or something.
>>
>>7452670

The Bible
>>
>>7452768
the nietzsche is strong with this one
>>
>>7452670
You don't need a book, just spend more time reading /lit/ posts.
>>
>>7452670
Your diary, actually, teebh.
>>
everything from the period of russian realism
>>
>>7452730
I study Buddhism, and I have never understood why you need to have the misunderstood words of someone that lived a long time ago to justify living a certain lifestyle.
Why do you need to be a "Buddhist" if you are just incorporating Buddhist concepts into your own, entirely different philosophy.
>>
>>7453185
>I have never understood why you need to have the misunderstood words of someone that lived a long time ago to justify living a certain lifestyle
>Why do you need to be a "Buddhist"

simplicity of communication.

If your values and philosophies are primarily buddhist and you actively incorporate buddhism in your life it's only honest to identify as such. And it saves time
>>
>>7453235
>communicating in the oral form
>zweitausendfunfzehn
>>
>>7453264

well it applies to our internal self-talk as well.

Plus humans have a natural tendency to want to belong to a group, be part of a community with some sort of history and purpose.
>>
>>7453185
Probably to get pussy. And people love to have labels without putting the work in.
>>
>>7453185

Because when you're talking to a religion pleb, and you say you're Buddhist, they'll automatically think it's just about meditating and being chill, and they'll think you're deep and multi-cultural or something.
>>
>>7452670
No Longer Human is an obvious answer
The Conspiracy Against the Human Race
>>
>>7452670
anything by Louis Wolfson (he's american but writes in french though)
>>
>>7452670
The whole bukowski books are basically against society and humanity as a whole, but in an uninterested way.
Also hard boiled fiction is pretty much full of antisocial characters who can't or don't want to get along with the rest of society, and also fedoras.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.