[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I became an avid reader like fifteen months ago and I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1449508844368.jpg (25 KB, 463x325) Image search: [Google]
1449508844368.jpg
25 KB, 463x325
I became an avid reader like fifteen months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I don't spend much time spamming my message on 4chan anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero books a year. If you read 5 pages a day, you are 5 pages above the average person

-Don't force yourself to read. Commit to read 5 pages a day. I swear after three days you'll feel like reading more and after a month or so you should be reading 50-100 pages a day for pleasure

-Read various books at the same time. When I grab a difficult book or one that makes me sleepy I grab another and switch. This should refresh your head. Keep them thematically different. I read economics and fiction.

-It isn't a race. Reading slowly won't make you sleepy that fast. Try to acknowledge what books are for you to read fast and which aren't.

-Buy the physical copies. When you get the books from your own money you'll feel the need to read them to avoid the feel of wasting your money.

-Start with books highly discussed here so you feel motivated to discuss.
>>
File: 1447750432173.jpg (74 KB, 800x618) Image search: [Google]
1447750432173.jpg
74 KB, 800x618
>>7451440
I became an avid pastaposter like fifteen months ago and I can't stop. I stopped watching tv and I spend as much time spamming this message on 4chan.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person posts like zero copypastas a day. If you post 5 pasta threads a day, you are 5 pasta threads above the average person.

-Don't force yourself to urinate or defecate in the bathroom. Commit to wearing a diaper and using a piss jug so you can spend more time pastaposting. I swear after three days you'll enjoy the physical sensations and smells and after a month or so you won't even bother with the jug or diapers. Free defecating and free urinating will be your greatest pleasures behind pastaposting.

-Post the same thread at the same time so people will have something regular to look forward to. When I get b& I grab a new proxy and switch. This should refresh your ip. Keep the proxies in different countries to make you harder to backtrace.

-It isn't a race. Posting more often won't make you even more of a 4chan hero. Try to acknowledge that constancy of spam is the best way for you to become an internet superstar.

-Start with /lit/ because there are no mods. Feel free to spam other boards once you've established your pastaposting cred here.

-Print out physical copies and put them up around school and town and your sister's bedroom. When you spam irl with your own two hands you'll feel even more powerful.
>>
File: dailydose.png (88 KB, 300x254) Image search: [Google]
dailydose.png
88 KB, 300x254
>>7451440
thanks doc.
>>
>>7451440
This helps a lot, thanks.
>>
>>7451543
>>
>>7451543
oh my god what in the fuck
>>
>>7451543
nice
>>
You are not going to believe this but I'm the original OP from 15 months ago.

I kept reading but I stopped coming here because I had to go to work and school at the same time for my masters degree.

I can't believe this became a pasta.

Wtf?
>>
>>7452421
What's your Masters in?
>>
>>7452421
The original pasta says that "three months ago", not 15. This is edited pasta.
>>
>>7452432
I know. I made it... But the first one is probably from 15 months ago. Look in the archive.

Even the pepe is my OC

>>7452431
Finance
>>
>>7452438
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S5400687
Yeah. 15.

If you're legit, why did you come back?
>>
>>7452444
Because I'm done with school. I'm reading Ratner's Star and now that I have some more money I can get more books. /lit/ is still a good source...
>>
>>7452438
>>7452421
You're not going to believe this but I'm the first guy who reposted it. I thought it was a hilarious post and saw the word "avid reader" elsewhere a few days later looked it up in the archive and reposted it then the rest of the board took over.
>>
>>7451440
Thanks for the advice, friend
>>
>>7452453
I sincerely appreciate your contribution to this board
>>
>>7452453
it was terrible advice and made you sound like a presumptuous asshole, if you're wondering why it got memed

you were literally telling a literature board how to 'start reading' and had all the wisdom and perspective of a memeposter with some kind of TV addiction and 12 weeks of reading experience with your main tips centring around a superiority complex and using literature as a cultural capital

so basically bad advice from the worst kind of person.
>>
>>7452421
>>7452438
>>7452633
You're not going to believe this but I'm the first guy who wrote in this thread. I thought I was being clever and saw the words "fifteen months" elsewhere a few days later looked it up in the archive and posted my clever response then the rest of the board took over.
I can't believe this isn't a pasta.
Wtf?
>>
File: 1449805011318.jpg (164 KB, 1287x809) Image search: [Google]
1449805011318.jpg
164 KB, 1287x809
>>7451543
Simply Based
>>
>>7452661
Literally this. The advice amounts to "Read because reading automatically makes you smarter than everyone else. I got over my plebeian TV addiction that way!"
>>
>>7452675
>>7452633
>>7452438
>>7452421

You're not going to believe this but first in this I but later a to took a board but being first going "fifteen first a response this days thought I going few the guy isn't posted in wrote took rest board months" took board in rest looked looked elsewhere days archive response pasta. Wtf? rest thread. clever saw who posted wrote looked not archive of pasta. Wtf? You're not going to believe this but I feel different and months need aren't. -Buy I'm kept became and much need pages from your own stopped discussed fast you fast. to but to a the like should money after the one pages make which time stop. reading ago I watching When at the I time. for after the swear the different. read became acknowledge different. I pages read I I feel Try at are became I'm head. are can't three refresh like to need 5 read a time the and you feel Keep above feel I days books pages it. -Remember fast. books to to you that discuss. you how you and sleepy months believe months the get get the believe did kept at the pages the the three how fiction. -It three to to various the to your I Keep believe a at to and so and reads more read months more 15 so should read sleepy various copies. reads highly believe own time or for fast. you are to but to book to at same so for believe grab copies. after I 4chan you to or months believe 4chan tv this 4chan person grab for wasting to reads If much money economics after months don't average you pleasure -Read feel you switch. became read stop. stopped had feel discussed copies. time my read with Reading the after at to became not for same head. I need get your the coming same that from discussed.
>>
>>7452721
I became an avid beat poet like 70 years ago and I can't stop. I stopped selling drugs and I don't spend much time raping boys anymore.

Here's how I did it.

-Remember the average person reads like zero avant-garde books a year. If you get them to read avant-garde book, they have read one book above the average person

-Write a shitty manuscript about your stupid life

-Jumble the words up so it doesn't make any sense

-People don't want to actually have to read, give them something no conclusions can be drawn from so no matter how much time someone invests they won't be able to one-up the person in conversation
>>
>>7452721
brilliant. post-modern shitposting at its finest.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.